Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHyvlocty
Female

Loc: Colorado
Re: Indoor / 1000w HPS & MH / Soil / HOG, MAUI, CCM [Re: Hyvlocty]
    #662097 - 03/13/13 12:16 AM (11 years, 18 days ago)

I didn't think anyone paid attention to my notes....

So anyway.....  Watered two.... Leaves are immediately sad because roots have to work now.... Silly me..... Waiting to water the other 3 until their bedtime tomorrow.... This way I will see how much extra these first two grow being watered this early before bed.... Here I am rambling again....
So, maybe I put too much thought into all this growing.  I should just plant em, water em, give em food and light, and they will grow......
I am gun shy because I had some clones before these that died..... I don't want to lose any more of my babies! 

I know I'm probably not supposed to sit in here with my plants, and I mean literally, sit.... Brought a folding chair, my pipe..... I'm sure I'm contaminating my tent somehow, so I hope I don't regret this.......  I sit here and relieve my pain while I look at the plants.... Analyze them.... Do all stoners do this? 

Maybe I should have warmed the water more.... I hope that water doesnt shock the roots!  See, I analyze too much....

Anyway.... I need to finish this bowl, set an alarm to water in the morning, mist the tent, go eat my lemon cake.... Yum......  Signing off....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#662101 - 03/13/13 04:29 AM (11 years, 18 days ago)

I love MILFs!! :rastamon:

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#662107 - 03/13/13 05:45 AM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Hyvlocty said:

So anyway.....  Watered two.... Leaves are immediately sad because roots have to work now.... Silly me..... Waiting to water the other 3 until their bedtime tomorrow.... This way I will see how much extra these first two grow being watered this early before bed.... Here I am rambling again....
So, maybe I put too much thought into all this growing.  I should just plant em, water em, give em food and light, and they will grow......
I am gun shy because I had some clones before these that died..... I don't want to lose any more of my babies! 

I know I'm probably not supposed to sit in here with my plants, and I mean literally, sit.... Brought a folding chair, my pipe..... I'm sure I'm contaminating my tent somehow, so I hope I don't regret this.......  I sit here and relieve my pain while I look at the plants.... Analyze them.... Do all stoners do this? 

Maybe I should have warmed the water more.... I hope that water doesnt shock the roots!  See, I analyze too much....

Anyway.... I need to finish this bowl, set an alarm to water in the morning, mist the tent, go eat my lemon cake.... Yum......  Signing off....

How did your clones die? Well I dont know about all stoners but i hang out with mine all the time.I dont smoke cig. Just mj
so I smoke in my grow now and then  never hurt them yet plus more co2 right?

How cold was your water? My plants will wilt a little after watering if they get really dry before hand.

OfflineHyvlocty
Female

Re: Indoor / 1000w HPS & MH / Soil / HOG, MAUI, CCM [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #662115 - 03/13/13 08:38 AM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Well the first clones weren't technically clones yet because they didn't have roots yet.  They went through some extreme temp changes before they even started rooting.  From 22 to 90 within a few days.  Pretty much froze overnight....
These babies came with roots and were growing immediately. 

3/12 watered other three (C2, H2, M)  8:30am.  Other two plants look good.  Lights turn off soon.

How big should I let them get before flowering?

OfflineHyvlocty
Female

#662116 - 03/13/13 08:45 AM (11 years, 18 days ago)

Correction.... Today is 3/13... :smile:

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #662119 - 03/13/13 08:49 AM (11 years, 18 days ago)

They look wilted because they have no roots, so you displace the anchor by moving soil around.

They're small.

Just wait and see, you'll be amazed

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#662149 - 03/13/13 11:38 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Hyvlocty said:
Well the first clones weren't technically clones yet because they didn't have roots yet.  They went through some extreme temp changes before they even started rooting.  From 22 to 90 within a few days.  Pretty much froze overnight....
These babies came with roots and were growing immediately. 

3/12 watered other three (C2, H2, M)  8:30am.  Other two plants look good.  Lights turn off soon.

Its up to you how long you veg for? But I think it it recommended to wait till you see pre flower then change the light.

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

Re: Indoor / 1000w HPS & MH / Soil / HOG, MAUI, CCM [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #662280 - 03/14/13 05:15 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

budgrowerwannabe said:
Quote:

Its up to you how long you veg for? But I think it it recommended to wait till you see pre flower then change the light.

If you're doing it with cheap-assed bagseed like you and I, wannabe!  :wink:  But, if you have known clones you know from the onset what you have there's no need to wait for pre-flower to sex.  In this case you can flower from day one.  Now, I'm reading and learning and I know enough to know that not ALL varieties will respond positively to this treatment.  "Strain-dependent" is the term, I suppose.  Ultimately, part of the equation is that one must usually consider the ultimate height of the plant for indoor grows.  If you let it get 1' tall in veg and flower it you can be pretty sure it's ultimately going to want to be 2-3' (Sativas stretch more, no?).  Another is, how soon do you expect to harvest?  If flowering on that strain is 8 weeks and you want to have a harvest at the end of ten weeks ... well, you can do the math.  Another factor is method of grow.  Small trees?  SCROG?  SOG lends itself to vegging short and flowering early as I understand ....

Anyway, so many questions. 

I noticed here and on other male-dominated forums how quickly everyone jumps on the new girl in the group.  :smile:

Offlinezzzzzz
Stranger

#662281 - 03/14/13 05:35 AM (11 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Hyvlocty said:

Well, now that everyone knows you're a girl ...  :wink:

Quote:

Ramble away.  Regarding watering, I believe it's best to water deeply.  If you have small plants in large buckets, I think it's best to completely and thoroughly wet ALL the soil in that bucket.  It causes the plants to establish a healthy root system early on.  As the top of the soil dries, the roots are forced to reach deeper and deeper to reach the remaining moisture towards the bottom of the bucket.  This results in delayed veg. growth, I think, as the plant is investing lots of energy into building its foundation first ....  This is especially important in soil grows (doesn't really apply to hydroponics, does it?).  That deep root system will be far more forgiving when you mis-estimate the watering period. 

Most soil-less mixes will dry and "cake" if not sufficiently moistened.  A mistake I've seen with potted plants is people not sufficiently PRE-moistening the soil before planting.  When that soil gets dry and caked water will tend to find channels and run right through to the bottom without hardly wetting any of the soil. 

If you think you medium isn't sufficiently moistened throughout, it's probably early enough to de-pot and do so.  Mix the media like you mix flour and water.  I dunno though ... it's been two weeks ....

I saw elsewhere where someone submerges his pots.  I think this will def. work and is probably a good precautionary measure to make sure all the media is moistened. 

Lastly, methinks it better to water in the morning so at least the top of the soil can dry out.  Then again I'm not sure and it probably doesn't matter too much.

Quote:

This actually works.  Some people would rather be in more control of the outcome.  I have a friend who vegetable gardens and he is of the "let it grow and see how it comes" variety.  Well, I can tell you, there is a world of difference between his and my gardens in terms of overall quality and yield.  Then again, he gets all he wants and does a fraction of the work. 

Quote:

Be a good mama then!  Love and care for your babies and read all you can! 

Quote:

I wish I could.  I can't grow where I live so it's at my buddy's house, and I can no longer "hang" over there since his GF moved in.  :frown:

Quote:

Analyze away but do it reasonably!  :wink:  Anything worth doing is worth doing well, IMHO.  Regarding water temp., I figure room temp is perfect.  Don't confuse what you "feel" with what the plant might feel.  People have a tendency to do this with pets and plants.  Just keep in mind it doesn't think like you do.  :wink:

Quote:

Check out my grow!

Edited by zzzzzz (03/14/13 05:42 AM)

OfflineHyvlocty
Female

Re: Indoor / 1000w HPS & MH / Soil / HOG, MAUI, CCM [Re: zzzzzz]
    #662997 - 03/20/13 11:08 PM (11 years, 10 days ago)

3/20      53% humidity, 78

CCM  28"
CCM  27"
HOG  16"
HOG  16"
Maui  10"

I have to flower soon!
Been watering about every 2-3 days, soaked completely the last time.

I am expecting some seeds any day now, too.  So I want to plant seeds when I flower these....

Well, off for now....
Thanks for all the advice!

Edited by Hyvlocty (03/21/13 10:01 AM)

OfflineHyvlocty
Female

#663041 - 03/21/13 10:00 AM (11 years, 10 days ago)

3/20    55% humidity, 78 degrees

CCM.    28" & 27"
HOG.    17" & 17"
Maui    10"

I think I will start flowering next week.....
Maybe my seeds will be here by then, too..... :smile:

OfflineMaestro
Strange
Loc: Kiev, Ukraine
    #663042 - 03/21/13 10:07 AM (11 years, 10 days ago)

:picdidnthappen:

--------------------
I am Thread Killer.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor / 1000w HPS & MH / Soil / HOG, MAUI, CCM [Re: Maestro]
    #663056 - 03/21/13 11:00 AM (11 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Maestro said:
:picdidnthappen:

:callingbullshit:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom