Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Datura sp. Growlog
    #57983 - 06/15/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Several years ago while going for a walk along a river in Maryland I came across several wild Datura plants growing from the river bank.  I collected a few seed pods and brought them back home and basically forgot about them.  I recently stumbled across them and decided to try and germinate the 6+ yr old seeds for fun. 

I threw them in a pot containing my bougainvillea and once again forgot about them.  When they didn't come up in a few weeks I assumed they were no good.  Fast forward about two months later, and several small seedlings popped up overnight.  I had completely forgotten about the Datura seeds at this point and couldn't figure out what they were.  I noticed one of the seedlings still had the seed coat attached, so I plucked it and examined it more closely.  That's when I realized what they were.  Since then I have planted them for a bit of fun to see what happens. 

you can see they like the MGMC soil much better than the soil/coco mix.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Datura stromonium Growlog [Re: Yrat]
    #66007 - 06/25/08 04:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

quick update

thinned down to largest per pot, stuck a couple others in the ground for the hell of it

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#68107 - 06/28/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

out on the boat today i stopped at a little sand-bar/island and stumbled onto what looks like some type of datura.  i was very impressed with such a plant growing in straight beach sand, next to salt water, in the glaring heat.  so i dug it up and might do a cross with the other ones i found in maryland.

you can kinda see it growing out of the sand in the foreground of this pic.

i repotted it.  hopefully it will appreciate some real soil and take off

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #68122 - 06/28/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Datura is a hell of a drug.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Datura stromonium Growlog [Re: highasfuck]
    #72773 - 07/05/08 03:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

these grow FAST

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#86284 - 07/17/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

pretty purple flowers, something chowed down before i got a chance to snap a pic

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

#86299 - 07/17/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Nice growth. They grow super fast.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#93147 - 07/25/08 03:29 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

heres the one i rescued from the beach

the big boy

these things even look evil

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

#93358 - 07/25/08 09:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Damn. Looking beautiful.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#111766 - 08/20/08 10:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

still waiting for the pods to pop

here's one i stuck in the ground, it caught up with and surpassed the potted plants, lots of flowers starting on this one.

and a Datura inoxia

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlineb0b gnarley
 User Gallery

#114261 - 08/25/08 03:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

that plant looks fucking mean...so are you planning on doing it? be careful man

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#114268 - 08/25/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

first pod popped this last weekend

Quote:

b0b gnarley said:
that plant looks fucking mean...so are you planning on doing it? be careful man

haha no way, i've got too much to lose from going crazy for two days.  i have heard of lucid dreaming by taking only a seed or two before sleep, so i might research that a bit and see if it's a legit claim.

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Offlineeternitys_child
Male

#114709 - 08/26/08 06:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

wow those plants send shivers down my spines. but i must admit, the flowers are pretty nice lookin!

--------------------
saltatory said:

pharmacology is amazing stuff.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Datura stromonium Growlog [Re: eternitys_child]
    #114919 - 08/27/08 05:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

the flowers are indeed pretty, and very unique.  they generally only open at night and close during the day, i'll try to get a pic of them in the early morning when they're still mostly open.

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

#115243 - 08/27/08 05:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

the inoxia was in bloom this morning

--------------------

~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root

Invisiblebeatyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: 512/atx
    #117217 - 09/02/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

hey nice datura, maybe we can trade some of your inoxia for metaloides/double purple/yellow we got here?

--------------------
this is me on a bar, 3 methrolls (up 4 days), ketamine, and some good acid two years ago.

OfflineFreeSeedsRing

Loc: Around the Earth.
Re: Datura stromonium Growlog [Re: beatyou]
    #126593 - 09/29/08 03:56 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you can find Datura inoxia seeds on FreeSeedsRing.org

for free.

Fabio

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds