Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHime
Stranger

BMO Organic Ferts, supplements?
    #659309 - 02/17/13 01:07 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I just made a purchase of the BMO 4 pack on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Organic-Fertilizer-Combo-Deal-by-BMO-Super-Plant-Tonic-GIG-FH-and-FP-/261166484233?pt=Fertilizer_Soil_Amendments&hash=item3ccebc4b09

This is the recommended ratios/regimen.

Krunkpot.... I don't feed Grow it Green until week 4 of veg growth and do so at a full strength dose. NPK 5-2-5
Then at week 6, I mix full strength Grow it Green and a half strength dose of Flower Power to bump up the numbers. NPK 5.5-6-8.5 - plus one tablespoon of High P Bat Guano (0-7-0) for a total of 5.5-13-8.5
At week 8, I drop the Grow it Green to a half strength dose and use the Flower Power at full strenth dose. NPK 3.5-9-9.5 - plus the one tablespoon of High P Bat Guano again, for a total of 3.5-16-9.5
For week 10, No Grow it Green & full strength dose of Flower Power. NPK 1-8-7 - plus one tablespoon of High P Bat Guano (last time) for a total of 1-15-7. Then for weeks 11 & 12 plain water only.
For feeding, if you do so weekly - give each plant one quart. If you feed every two weeks - give each plant two quarts each.
Since, I feed every two weeks, I apply my SPT on my watering only weeks, at a full strength dose (if I notice any deficencies - I add a little seaweed extract & 1/2 ounce of Molasses to each gallon of SPT I mix up). If you wanted to use the SPT weekly, just use it at half strength.
As far as dechlorinator solution, Seamaiden is the expert there. If you sent her a private message, I'm sure she would give you good advice.
I have used the cheap (dechlorinator only stuff) from Walmart, in the past. But I am lucky enough to have an old hand dug well in my backyard. I get water from there or a stream near my plants when needed.
Hope this helps.....
Keep it Real....Organic......

Anyone recommend a good dechlorinating solution?

Would this be sufficient to provide my plants everything they need and produce quality outdoor medicine? I'm considering buying some FFOF to use as my base soil, I may go into the woods and dig some dirt to cut the FFOF with to save money. Should this forest dirt be sterilized?

I'm planning to use 10 gallon pots and LSTing to keep the height down + hopefully increase yield. Should I go for a larger container? I would like to still be able to move them around if needed.

Any supplemental recommendations? I don't want my plants to be lacking anything essential so if anyone see's somewhere that I can improve please let me know.

I'm currently raising seeds from a bag of San Fernando valley OG kush. I may go for some clones also, I have easy access to Absolute Blueberry, Roadking kush, King james Og kush, Respect's OG kush, The Worf, Green Crack, Orange crush, casey jones. Anyone have particularly good results outdoors with any of these strains? Please let me know.

These clone strains I also have access to but not as conveniently. Bubbawreck, 707 headband, Sour Cream, White Rhino, Dragon Fruit, Sunset, Ak 47, Madness, LA Cheese, Girl scout cookies, euphoria, Agent organe, mango, Liberty, deadhead OG.

My goal is to grow my medicine to support my years consumption. I could probably get away with a quarter a month if it is above average meds, so even just producing 3 1/2 - 4 ounces would be amazing. I would like to have both sativa and indica strains that do exceptionally well outside. 

Thanks!

--------------------
Livin, learnin, takin it easy :willynilly:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: BMO Organic Ferts, supplements? [Re: Hime]
    #659318 - 02/17/13 03:13 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well how many plants you're going to have, is going to determine how much nutrients you are going to go through.  At 10 gallons each, I would think that you are going to need more than just one of each of those bottles.

There's really no point in using a dechlorinating substance.  If you just let your water sit for a couple of days the chlorine will dissipate on it's own.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineHime
Stranger

Re: BMO Organic Ferts, supplements? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #659335 - 02/17/13 05:15 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Well how many plants you're going to have, is going to determine how much nutrients you are going to go through.  At 10 gallons each, I would think that you are going to need more than just one of each of those bottles.

There's really no point in using a dechlorinating substance.  If you just let your water sit for a couple of days the chlorine will dissipate on it's own.

Cool that's good to know with the water.

I don't know, Its hard to determine what I could do with that fert if the diluation they are saying is accurate and the amount of feed per week they are suggesting is accurate. It makes it seem like those bottles could go far. One 16 ounce bottle creates 16-32 gallons of fertilizer. One quart each week.  That's 64-128 quarts for per bottle. But the regimen is split up between bottles making it harder to calculate.

But 3 of those bottles sound like they have 64-128 feedings divide that by number of weeks and then it seems like they could feed a decent amount of plants. Plus the guy is supplementing high P bat guano a few times. Unless he's growing hydroponically, I don't know. I guess I'll see what the directions say on the bottles when they arrive.

Are you saying it may not be enough dilute to feed one plant? I'm considering 4-6 plants.

Do the NPK's on this guys combination NPK look to be in order? If not could you tell me what might need improving?

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #659429 - 02/18/13 02:01 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well that all depends on many gallons are being fed.  If he's only watering 1-3 gallons per watering, that's going to make the nutrients last a whole lot longer.  But if you watering 10 gallon pots, which would need a minimum of 5 gallons of water per watering, it's not going to last as long.

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
    #659595 - 02/19/13 11:54 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I may go into the woods and dig some dirt to cut the FFOF with to save money. Should this forest dirt be sterilized?

I would not recommend doing that.

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

Re: BMO Organic Ferts, supplements? [Re: night train]
    #659728 - 02/20/13 01:26 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Sterilizing the soil will destroy beneficial micro-organisms.

...but not treating it at all is asking for nasties in the grow.

The mycologist in me wants to suggest pasteurizing such soils.  This
will kill any mites, for example, but will allow some beneficial
organisms to survive....but I am not sure if this is the same for plants.

This being written, I am using bagged soil (FFOF) right now.

The main cost of my activity, now that the system is set up, is
the power usage.  I do not mind a small fixed cost element.

Good luck,

JD

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: BMO Organic Ferts, supplements? [Re: Javadog]
    #659734 - 02/20/13 01:37 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Yes pasteurization is the way to go.  But the best thing to do is not use outdoor soil indoors to begin with.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineHime
Stranger

#660023 - 02/23/13 12:06 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, do you guys think I would need to pasteurize if I'm only using for outdoor? I could either choose from a big open field of nice loose dirt filled with all sorts of wild grasses or from beneath oak trees that grow huge patches of blewits.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #660025 - 02/23/13 12:27 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well if you're going to put the soil into containers, it definitely needs to be pasteurized.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineHime
Stranger

#660041 - 02/23/13 02:37 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Ok I will do that then.

Would diatomaceous earth be sufficient enough or are there a lot of pathogenic bacteria I would need to worry about?

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #660042 - 02/23/13 03:22 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

why do you wanna put d.e. in it.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineHime
Stranger

#660048 - 02/23/13 04:53 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I was just thinking about DE instead of pasteurizing but that would only be useful for bugs. I was hoping to keep the beneficials. I guess it would just be best to pasteurize to eliminate all possible pathogens.

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #660066 - 02/23/13 08:00 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Pasteurize it.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineHime
Stranger

#660068 - 02/23/13 08:07 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the help :smile:

worm cookin time

--------------------

OfflineJavadog
Stranger

#661761 - 03/11/13 07:01 AM (11 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

Hime said:oak trees that grow huge patches of blewits.

...that sounds like a lovely scene.  Definitely harvest the blewits.  :0)

Good luck,

JD

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds