Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineminksy
Stranger

Re: So many choices! Confused where to start [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #654046 - 01/06/13 03:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Nahhh. I'd rather build up to that... I've never done this before so i just want to know that i can do it and then eventually upgrade... I don't want to dish out a ton of cash just to fail and be all emo about it lol. so with this current set up.. what do you think i should do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#654048 - 01/06/13 03:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Carbon filters need a good amount of air flow to be useful.  You would need to invest some money for that, and if your going to do that then you may as well just get a tent and do things right.

Im going to get the whole set up with this incometax

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: So many choices! Confused where to start [Re: minksy]
    #654051 - 01/06/13 03:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well the thing about making your own is it can actually give you a higher chance of failure in my opinion.

Well if you don't have to worry about smell then I would just throw the fans in at the top of the cabinet, and have hold hold in the bottom for passive intake.  That way the fans are taking hot air out and cold air is coming in at the bottom. 

Also keep in mind that for your flowering period it has to be completely dark in there.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: So many choices! Confused where to start [Re: budgrowerwannabe]
    #654052 - 01/06/13 03:52 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well you are going to have to buy the set up or make a filter? If you find out how to build one i can build anything. what I mean is what would you make it out of or what is it made from and were to get it

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #654053 - 01/06/13 04:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

There are all sorts of teks out there on how to make your own charcoal filter, a quick google search will get you that.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlineminksy
Stranger

#654055 - 01/06/13 04:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I was going to make my own carbon filter and also use ONA. I found this Tek for carbon filter http://www.rollitup.org/do-yourself/101248-best-diy-ez-walmart-carbon.html

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #654057 - 01/06/13 05:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

That'll work, Your still going to have to have a fan that's putting a bit more CFM's than a computer fan to push air through it

--------------------

-niteowl

Invisiblenight trainV
Male

Loc: Midwest, US
    #654071 - 01/06/13 07:13 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

That tek is good only thing is it might not have a very long lifespan.  Even if you live in CO you don't want to come home after a long day and find your house/apt smelling like you have a collection of dead skunks in it.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

Re: So many choices! Confused where to start [Re: night train]
    #654106 - 01/07/13 06:48 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Good question wonder how long that carbon will last? im going to build that today. and try it

Offlineminksy
Stranger

#654201 - 01/07/13 06:20 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

OK, So i've done some more research and some thinking and i think that the best way for me to do this is to make a door out of Polyfilm/velcro and industrial staple it to make it airtight.

Here is  my ghetto sketch before i go any further.

I'm planning on two plants.
So i'm not sure how many lights to put in there, but from what i read.. it's basically 100W per plant and 50 W per additional plant... Is this true?

I'll be using my oscilating fans that i have here... for the vents since i don't think 120mm pc fans will help much...

I saw a guide on how to make a ghetto reflector, but i didnt bookmark it. X_X Basically they just got a big aluminum lasagna pan and cut holes out for the lights.. then wired the lights through it and BAM ghetto reflector... I was thinking of doing that and attaching it to a link chain so i can raise and lower the lights as needed until i upgrade....

Another idea that i had was to clip my bowl reflectors to one of the lower partitions of the dresser for when the plants are smaller.. That way i won't have to make the ghetto light reflector till later.

The carbon filter i was thinking i could use the guide and just stick it out the top vent part

IDK..

What do you guys think?

I was thinking of adding one more later of polyfilm after the zipper door just because im paranoid...

What do you guys think??

Thanks for the help!

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#654376 - 01/08/13 06:52 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds good bud. Now just build it , run it for 24 hours see were your at? Ready set grow!!

I did get all that stuff for a filter at walmart building it tommorrow.Ill let you see it after i build it.

Edited by budgrowerwannabe (01/08/13 06:56 PM)

Offlineminksy
Stranger

#654461 - 01/09/13 04:19 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Alright, I'm planning on starting to build it this weekend.  <3 Not sure when my seeds will get here though.

Offlinebudgrowerwannabe
Bum fighter
Male User Gallery

#654463 - 01/09/13 05:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What kind did you get?

OfflineGreenHorns
boulevardier
Male

Loc: funkytown Flag
    #654569 - 01/10/13 08:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

if i may offer some advice. your going to grow from seed i see so your going to germ, then veg out to the size needed to yield an ounce i assume yes? if so your looking at about 3 months easy before you need to worry about dark periods, sweet stinky smells, light timers, so on. you what i suggest is what i did:

get a craigslist 4X4X6 tent and tip it on its side, so you have now a 4' tall 4'deep and 6 'wide. use this to do all your veg for at least 3 months while you gather your fan, filter, bloom bulbs or HID stuff. if you bloom under T5, as i do and love, you can yield 1 ounce plants easy with proper grooming and get every last inch of vertical height out of your longhouse tent. all the while not dealing with heat or the electrical cost. and read up on LST it works great for me in the environment i have and my plants love it.

--------------------
wiggy wham wham wazzle

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies