Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGBurger717
Let me be me! I luv me some me!
Male

Loc: USA, East of Mississippi Flag
Did I kill my beans? Pics included
    #653053 - 12/28/12 10:03 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I started these beans on 12-22 with a heat mat and paper towel in a plastic dome. Everything was going great until X Mas eve. I had these on my floor and during the nite a blanket feel on them and was on top of them all nite. When I got up in the AM and noticed I grabed a tempature gauge and it said it was 105 degrees F!!!! I was so upset since these were seeds that were brought home from the DAM. They were green house seeds Diamond girl fem. I have been watching them since Xmas and nothing has changed! They are cracked with a wee bit of tap root showing on 2 but no other growth!! Do you think these are all dead? Should I try and plant them and see what happins? As a backup I have 5 Super Silver Haze beans I just started today by soaking in water and going right into dirt tonight.

Also can I put these in dirt right under my 400 Watt solar storm? Its a bit cold where I am growing but if I keep the light on it stays at 78 degrees F.

Thanks to all in advance!!!

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Did I kill my beans? Pics included [Re: GBurger717]
    #653065 - 12/28/12 01:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You can order seeds on the internet, they'll send them right to your house. There are a few seed banks you can order from, from all the seed growers, even one seed at a time.

If they popped and then stopped, you killed them.  I never understood the fascination of germinating out of soil, they are seeds from a plant, its how they grow in nature. Just pop the next few into soil, about 2 seed-lenghts down, point down.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #653067 - 12/28/12 01:17 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleGBurger717
Male

Re: Did I kill my beans? Pics included [Re: phychotron]
    #653068 - 12/28/12 01:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

phych... these seeds were from a trip to the DAM so they held a special place in my heart lol. I have other seeds I was just hopeing these would be the ones I use for my 1st LED grow.. I put them in plastic cups and I am gonna try them still but I also have 5 SSH seeds in water right now that I will plant as my backup! Here is my question to you. When I take the backup seeds out of the cup of water can I put them right under my light in dirt?

Only thing that sucks about the backup seeds is they are regular seeds not fem.. so its a 50/50 gamble

--------------------
"If only one party supports a bill, it's probably not a very good bill. If both parties support it, you can be sure that however good it seems on the surface, under the covers it's worse than you could possibly imagine" - Me myself and I 08-02-12

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty - Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Jefferson

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #653072 - 12/28/12 03:08 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

just order the replacements, then forget about what happened, let your memory of those seeds live on. When you tell the story, just don't mention you fucked them up at first. Not sure when you went, but the seeds will be fresh with the replacement.

You can put them under the light, but I would make sure its a few (4-6) feet above the seedling. Don't turn on your UV either.

Pre-clone all the SSH when their old enough but before they show their sex, label them properly, and when they turn out male you toss them. You'll have some plants that will be ready to go just a few weeks behind the ~1-3 females you'll end up with. So if you take like 10 per plant (all lower branches), and you have a bunch of clones you can toss those in a smaller pots and do sort of a sog with them next to the mother.

--------------------

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
    #653238 - 12/30/12 01:55 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

They are dead imo even the tail of one is brown i doubt it was even the blanket that killed them they would have been killed way before that.

Tell ghs what happened and pay postage and they will send free if they are in good mood.

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Loc: Middle east coast
    #653566 - 01/03/13 09:18 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
Diamond girl, fem

$6.77 USD each
http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/green-house-diamond-girl

or

$7.59 USD each.
https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/green-house-seeds-diamond-girl/prod_3318.html

Or check out seedheaven.net and get a pack of quality seeds for the price of one seed of greenhouse bullshit.  Not shilling for them or anything (the site doesn't make any money anyway) just trying to say there are plenty of places to get seeds at a reasonable price.  Eight bucks a seed?  Jesus.. 

OP, sorry, but I think your seeds are dead.  Heat mats are counter-productive, especially for people new to the hobby.  As has been said, plant them straight into a nice, light seed starting mix.  Keep it moist but not wet and in a relatively warm area.  Keep a cfl over them and wait.  Starting seeds should be the simple part :smile:  Don't over-think it and just have fun! 

Good luck

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
    #653572 - 01/03/13 10:45 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
I never understood the fascination of germinating out of soil, they are seeds from a plant, its how they grow in nature.

Most people do that because they can tell sooner if the seeds will be viable or not versus waiting to see a sprout come up.

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Did I kill my beans? Pics included [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #653577 - 01/03/13 11:16 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I know why people do it, I just think its pointless. Its like one person saw someone else do it, so they had to copy it and it looks like your doing something special for the seeds, but your just consuming your time. I would only consider it if doing a shit ton of seeds.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #653584 - 01/03/13 01:04 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

How is it consuming our time?  It takes like a whole 3 minutes, if that, to wet some paper towels and then throw it in a ziplock bag.  And after they germinate I plant em.  No waiting to see if they sprout of the soil.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleGBurger717
Male

Re: Did I kill my beans? Pics included [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #653662 - 01/04/13 09:33 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Well folks here is the outcome. My DG seeds are dead. I tried to make it work and it dident but heres the good news. Them SSH seeds I soaked for 6 hours then planted then in the FF soil are about 2 inches tall now!!! 4 out of 5 sprouted. My only hope now is for 2 or more to be female..

--------------------

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

#653670 - 01/04/13 10:37 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Which FF mix are you using?  The ocean forest stuff is too hot for seedlings.

InvisibleGBurger717
Male

Re: Did I kill my beans? Pics included [Re: Angus]
    #653677 - 01/04/13 11:33 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I am useing happy frog for now but when I move them to my 3gal pots I am going to use ocean forest on the bottom and the happy from on top so when the roots grow down as they get bigger they will go into the ocean forest

--------------------

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

#653678 - 01/04/13 11:41 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

GBurger717 said:
I am useing happy frog for now but when I move them to my 3gal pots I am going to use ocean forest on the bottom and the happy from on top so when the roots grow down as they get bigger they will go into the ocean forest

Cool.  I didn't mean to make any assumptions, just thought it was worth mentioning since you didn't specify.  I heard that happy frog is good stuff :smile:  I'm on the east coast so no fox farms products here.  There was a hydro store (bigtomato) once that did a 'free shipping on orders over $100' offer for black friday or something a few years back.  I ordered like a pallet of ocean forest and got it shipped 3000 miles for free.  Felt a little guilty about it after I saw the price on the UPS sticker..it was MUCH more than the total dollar amount of the order.  Ended up using it outdoors here with great results.  I've just heard it will burn up seedlings/clones.  Good luck with the grow, have fun! :smile:

--------------------
I used to grow pot.  I still do grow pot, but I used to grow it too.
*Seedsharer*
You got my cheez whiz, boy?

InvisibleGBurger717
Male

#653683 - 01/04/13 12:45 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Angus said:
Quote:

GBurger717 said:

Cool.  I didn't mean to make any assumptions, just thought it was worth mentioning since you didn't specify.  I heard that happy frog is good stuff :smile:  I'm on the east coast so no fox farms products here.  There was a hydro store (bigtomato) once that did a 'free shipping on orders over $100' offer for black friday or something a few years back.  I ordered like a pallet of ocean forest and got it shipped 3000 miles for free.  Felt a little guilty about it after I saw the price on the UPS sticker..it was MUCH more than the total dollar amount of the order.  Ended up using it outdoors here with great results.  I've just heard it will burn up seedlings/clones.  Good luck with the grow, have fun! :smile:

What state are you in? (if you dont wanna answer thats fine) reason I am asking I am located in PA and all the grow shops in my area sell foxfarms. Actually every shop I have been in from NY to VA carries it. Look on there website for a list of dealers....

--------------------

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#653684 - 01/04/13 12:46 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Angus said:
Quote:

GBurger717 said:

what state do u live in on the east coast? cause im on the east coast and I can find foxfarm over here

OfflineAngus
Trailer Park Supervisor
Male

Re: Did I kill my beans? Pics included [Re: Mrshroom]
    #653686 - 01/04/13 01:07 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, I didn't realize that.  I'm at least 100 miles from any type of "hydro store" (never been inside one) or anything so I order all my supplies anyway.  And now I make my own soil, but that is interesting to know.  Thanks for the correction :smile:

--------------------
I used to grow pot.  I still do grow pot, but I used to grow it too.
*Seedsharer*
You got my cheez whiz, boy?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #653692 - 01/04/13 03:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Angus, I use FFOF on seedling all the time.  You might see a touch of burn, but nothing that they wont over come.  Now is it ideal?  Nah, I would recommend to people who don't know what they are doing to start out with Light Warrior or some equivalent seedling mix.  But it shouldn't kill a seedling. 

Hell in my journal, which I know I need to get some pics in there, that's what I started them all at.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order