Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegizmo420
Stranger
stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included)
    #777792 - 05/04/15 08:38 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Hey everyone I am new to this and I have a few questions about my babies.
  Keep in mind this is the first time I have ever tried to grow my own pot.  My babies are about 2 to 3 weeks old and are really pretty, but they have stopped growing.
  I am using regular dirt from the yard it's clean black dirt, and I'm using a 100 w. Light; however I do have a 36 w. Black light but I don't know if I should use it.
  I have a tap water spray bottle and I spray them frequently, I also have a fan keeping the room circulated, can anyone look at my pics and tell me why my babies have stopped growing?  Any advice will be extremely helpful  thank you!

--------------------
Wake&bake

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: gizmo420]
    #777795 - 05/04/15 08:48 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Stop spraying the,pm.  That's asking for trouble.

What kind of light?  That could be an issue

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinegizmo420
Stranger
Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #777800 - 05/04/15 08:57 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

It's under an average house light 100 watts, and by pm do you mean plant material? And it is also under 36 watt black light.  And when do I start worrying about fertilizer?
  Thanks man!

--------------------
Wake&bake

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: gizmo420]
    #777815 - 05/04/15 09:54 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

You got some serious strerching going.on. At 3 weeks they sbould have their 3rd set.of leaves. Put the bulb 2-4 inches away. You'll need to ajust the height as time goes on.

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #777821 - 05/04/15 10:50 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I think what hawk was trying to ask you is the actual type of bulb.  Does it resemble this at all? 

Offlinegizmo420
Stranger
Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: cheezymold]
    #777823 - 05/04/15 11:32 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I don't have any of those. I'm using a regular incadescent 100 watt light bulb.

--------------------
Wake&bake

Offlinegizmo420
Stranger
    #777824 - 05/04/15 11:34 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I don't have any of those I have a regular house bulb 100 watts.

--------------------
Wake&bake

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#777825 - 05/04/15 11:37 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

You need to put that back in your light socket and get a CFL at the very least.  I think the guys recommend a 6500k to veg with.

Offlinegizmo420
Stranger
Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: cheezymold]
    #777829 - 05/05/15 12:04 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

:rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :pirate:  :leaving:  :rockon: Thanks guys!

--------------------
Wake&bake

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#777833 - 05/05/15 12:36 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Np.  I don't grow with soil so I can't help much with the nute questions.  I'm sure they will chime in but fix that light problem yesterday lol.

Offlinegizmo420
Stranger
    #777835 - 05/05/15 12:46 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Oh so you use the hydroponic system?

--------------------
Wake&bake

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#777838 - 05/05/15 01:26 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

I made some DIY Ebb and flow systems with coco/perlite mix.  Gunna do a side by side with expanded clay and compare how I like the two and decide my main method.  I'm pretty new myself and about to pull my third harvest in a couple of weeks.

Also, I would highly recommend you not use yard soil for growing indoors.  That stuff is riddled with pests/disease/fungi that will make your plant unhappy.  Aphids will ruin your life lol.  Maybe pick up a bag of Fox Farms Happy Frog to start with and eventually switch to ocean forest.  Fox Farms soil is very loose even after it is wet, so the roots can dig through it easier.

Offlinegizmo420
Stranger
    #777839 - 05/05/15 01:31 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks man, hey where can I get the fox farms?

--------------------
Wake&bake

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#777841 - 05/05/15 01:54 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

It's a very popular brand, so a specialized hydroponic store should have it.  If not, amazon prime can get it to you pretty quickly.  Fox Farm Happy Frog

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

#777842 - 05/05/15 01:56 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Also, if you buy nothing else for your project, you will need a good PH meter and keep it calibrated.  You will want to check the PH of the run off each time you water/feed until you get the hang of it.

Offlineashfiken
im home
Male User Gallery

#777847 - 05/05/15 05:50 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Also gizmo, hawk said dont spray seedlings BC of theor increased susceptibility to pm, or powdery mold. Also other molds can ruin you at that age. Also get a better light setup ,read about a small hps setup for flowering and buy it. Or make a fixture of powerful Cfls at the least .

Cheers

--------------------
Hmmm

I'm from shroomery

Edited by ashfiken (05/05/15 05:51 AM)

OfflineGoonerHeClips
Stranger

Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: ashfiken]
    #777850 - 05/05/15 07:26 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

You can also use Black Gold soil it's good stuff and at your local WalMart etc. if no hydro store around.  People seem fixated on FoxFarms soil as if it is some kind of magic.  I'd transplant into a gallon round container right now.  When you transplant take a same size cup (or your plant cup) and make the hole the exact size needed, be careful and gentle when you transplant and don't smash it down. 

Be sure not to put your light too close to the plant once you get a CFL. If it gets too close/hot, that will likely be the end of your plant.

What kind of water?  If it's hard/alkaline, get some pH down with the dropper tester or strips or a real pH meter is a good thing to get...

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: GoonerHeClips]
    #777852 - 05/05/15 08:21 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

checking the ph of the run off is useless because it does not tell you what the ph of the soil really is because the run off hold all the built up salts and extra nuits the soil cant hold, also its the nuits in the water that are what changes the ph so when u run it threw the soil the soil takes alot of thoes nuits so the run off is just the left over not the ph of the soil.

you want to be checking the ph of the water you put into the plant. because the ph of the soil will adjust over time if you keep putting in the same ph'ed water into your plants and will be at the ph you need it to be also long as you are putting the right ph water in every time.

also just fyi you wont get much at all from a 100 watt light , just dont want you to have a unreal expectation of what to get.

also right now with how small they are you dont need to be adding nuits. you will burn them. but it is a good idea to transplant into a good growing soil like fox farm ocean forest. its a little hot but it has everything a plant needs to grow strong and health. so get your self like 1 gallon pots and then transplant thoes guy into it with the fox farm. and with transplanting to the bigger pot it will give you a good 3-4 weeks of nuits. so after that you can transplant up to a 3 gallon pot and get a nother good 4 weeks of growth with out having to add any nuits.  this way you can keep it simple and dont have to worry about buying nuits and just keep it simple for a while. you would want nuits for when you flower but this way will give you time to just get used to the basics.

Edited by Mrshroom (05/05/15 08:24 AM)

Offlinecheezymold
That Guy

Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: Mrshroom]
    #777860 - 05/05/15 11:51 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Lol, I guess coco is that much different.  I just suggest fox farms because it is reputable, and it is anything but miracle grow.

Offlinegizmo420
Stranger
    #777868 - 05/05/15 01:08 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Dang guys I really appreciate all the info. If I have anymore questions I'll let y'all know in a few I gotta work. Thanks a million!

--------------------
Wake&bake

OfflineCaptainKurt
Stranger
    #779232 - 05/19/15 10:58 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

You can't use incandescent bulbs to grow plants, what the hell are you thinking man. Have you done any research at all... your just wasting your seed. You might be able to save those plants if you get CFL 6500 K spectrum to them asap.

Edited by CaptainKurt (05/19/15 07:55 PM)

Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: CaptainKurt]
    #779239 - 05/19/15 01:10 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Yup. light. You should also leave your water out for a day or so if possible to evaporate chlorine which can nullify nutrients and harm the plant in general.
Some people are lucky enough to not have much in the fist place but this is more imortant in flowering
You also want your soil to fluxuate between wet/dry phases.
Too wet all the time is death one way or another. Usually due to lack of oxygen to the roots.
Good luck

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineAcidHorse
Stranger

#780549 - 05/30/15 01:07 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

You have a light deficiency. If you don't have fluorescent lights over them 24 hrs a day you'll have to do something outside. But that's where I'm at. I've read where people say that they can't use direct sunlight just yet and others that say they need more light to keep them from getting skinny or long legged. Your's must be stuck at that 4 leaf clover stage and going no where. So I'm thinking if you put them outside where they can get some full sun, take a gallon milk jug and slice the bottom off with a razor blade, then take off the milk jug cap its not needed, then cover the plants with the milk jug. This will split up the light rays and create diffuse light and the cap being off will allow airflow. Holes in the side of the milk jug will also help with airflow. However I would need to hear from other; way more experienced, growers who also have tried this to see if its a good way to protect the seedlings from way too much light. But with seedlings its said to wait until they become slightly root bound before transplanting but I'd rather get them out of the house before that time just to get them more light and get them growing faster.
Another thing you need to avoid is "packing" the dirt down which would restrict airspaces and oxygen exchange and suffocate the roots. The dirt should be fluffy and loose. And it should have good drainage.
This is also true when growing mushrooms.
Your dixie cups need vertical slices in the sides of the cups and holes in the bottoms of the cups.
I wouldn't have used plastic cups but rather styrofoam cups. To avoid damaging or slicing the roots on hard plastic edges.

Edited by AcidHorse (05/30/15 01:18 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale