Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCaptainKurt
Stranger
Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: gizmo420]
    #779232 - 05/19/15 10:58 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

You can't use incandescent bulbs to grow plants, what the hell are you thinking man. Have you done any research at all... your just wasting your seed. You might be able to save those plants if you get CFL 6500 K spectrum to them asap.

Edited by CaptainKurt (05/19/15 07:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoeric mckenna
Pure Indica

Loc: Mars
Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: CaptainKurt]
    #779239 - 05/19/15 01:10 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Yup. light. You should also leave your water out for a day or so if possible to evaporate chlorine which can nullify nutrients and harm the plant in general.
Some people are lucky enough to not have much in the fist place but this is more imortant in flowering
You also want your soil to fluxuate between wet/dry phases.
Too wet all the time is death one way or another. Usually due to lack of oxygen to the roots.
Good luck

--------------------
***Handing someone your life's work....in a single seed = :laugh: ***

HIGHER THAN A GEORGIA PINE

Oeric's Winter Grow Projects

OfflineAcidHorse
Stranger

Re: stalled marajuana seedlings what to do shroomery? (pics included) [Re: gizmo420]
    #780549 - 05/30/15 01:07 PM (8 years, 9 months ago)

You have a light deficiency. If you don't have fluorescent lights over them 24 hrs a day you'll have to do something outside. But that's where I'm at. I've read where people say that they can't use direct sunlight just yet and others that say they need more light to keep them from getting skinny or long legged. Your's must be stuck at that 4 leaf clover stage and going no where. So I'm thinking if you put them outside where they can get some full sun, take a gallon milk jug and slice the bottom off with a razor blade, then take off the milk jug cap its not needed, then cover the plants with the milk jug. This will split up the light rays and create diffuse light and the cap being off will allow airflow. Holes in the side of the milk jug will also help with airflow. However I would need to hear from other; way more experienced, growers who also have tried this to see if its a good way to protect the seedlings from way too much light. But with seedlings its said to wait until they become slightly root bound before transplanting but I'd rather get them out of the house before that time just to get them more light and get them growing faster.
Another thing you need to avoid is "packing" the dirt down which would restrict airspaces and oxygen exchange and suffocate the roots. The dirt should be fluffy and loose. And it should have good drainage.
This is also true when growing mushrooms.
Your dixie cups need vertical slices in the sides of the cups and holes in the bottoms of the cups.
I wouldn't have used plastic cups but rather styrofoam cups. To avoid damaging or slicing the roots on hard plastic edges.

Edited by AcidHorse (05/30/15 01:18 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds