Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana?
    #650381 - 12/10/12 02:13 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

So my mom was diagnosed  with a 'mild' case of scoliosis when she was a kid and the doctor told her that it's nothing to worry about. Well now it has worsen and because of it she gets incredibly painful spasms in her back. Her doctor told her that there is really nothing they can prescribe or do that can help her with relieve the pain (right now she uses an "ouch pouch" to help relieve the pain but it is not really effective). My question is that if medical marijuana can help her how can I convince her to use it? She is very against the idea of using marijuana in any way but it really pains me to see her in that pain.

Do you guys know anyone who has the same problem and has medical marijuana relieved them of that pain?

I should note the spasms are not an everyday occurrence. But at least once a week she has them and they last for quite some time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledrawde
Re: How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #650382 - 12/10/12 02:20 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

The best way to know is to give it a try :thumbup:

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana? [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #650388 - 12/10/12 06:29 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I had actually convinced my mother to consider Medical Marijuana, but then she consulted with her doctors at Mayo Clinic and they strongly advised against it.

So right now, I dont think she is on anything. But I know they are looking at forms of "pain management," for her

Good luck with your mother, I was pretty surprised I could even get my mom to consider it.

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana? [Re: Picklez]
    #650420 - 12/10/12 10:20 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If she is against smoking it because of the social stigma, you can do what I did with my mother and give her edibles.

They don't smell and they last a long time and help with pain relief.

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana? [Re: Sham87]
    #650433 - 12/10/12 12:21 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

slip her a brownie on a bad day and see how it helps her... The worst she can do is get mad at you and you counter with "I'm just trying to help you be out of pain..."

easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, right?

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Re: How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana? [Re: Tank333]
    #650463 - 12/10/12 03:03 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I'm against slipping her a brownie plus she would not like that very much.

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
    #650466 - 12/10/12 03:49 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:

Yeah I think the same, giving someone a drug without his/her conscent isn't ethical imo, I think it wouldn't help your cause at all, she could say thangs like : "YOU SEE WHAT DRUGS MADE YOU DO? IT MADE YOU GIVE DRUGS TO YOUR OWN MOTHER!!"

I think you should try get her to watch some documentaries about pot, make her learn, thats how she might change her mind. Maybe also get a doctor to explain her the effect of that wonderful plant, could add some credibility.

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana? [Re: Manitou]
    #650469 - 12/10/12 03:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gaskelort said:
Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:

Yeah I think the same, giving someone a drug without his/her conscent isn't ethical imo, I think it wouldn't help your cause at all, she could say thangs like : "YOU SEE WHAT DRUGS MADE YOU DO? IT MADE YOU GIVE DRUGS TO YOUR OWN MOTHER!!"

I think you should try get her to watch some documentaries about pot, make her learn, thats how she might change her mind. Maybe also get a doctor to explain her the effect of that wonderful plant, could add some credibility.

Great answer.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineSham87
マリオ
Male

Re: How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana? [Re: KaptKid]
    #650512 - 12/10/12 06:40 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

:nodofunderstanding:

--------------------
...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right...

OfflineJoint Ops
Stranger
Re: How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana? [Re: Sham87]
    #650518 - 12/10/12 07:02 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I would simply move the focus from the idea of smoking marijuana, because honestly smoking it does not give you most of the potential benefits and can cause problems of its own.

I would go to you tube and simply type 'Rick Simpson' into the search engine, it will come up with Run From The Cure-Full Version, a documentary about a man who makes what he calls 'pheonix tears' that are a very pure extract from cannabis.

So powerful are the medicinal effects of this extract that they can crush even cancer in its latest stages, indica is usually used for this and for pain relief, sativa is for deppression and energy levels, watch the doco and see what you think, it convinced a couple of people i know to let go of the stigma attached to this plant and see the picture that has been painted for us by Pharmaceutical companies desperate for power and hungry for money.

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
Re: How can I convince my mom to consider using medical marijuana? [Re: Joint Ops]
    #650526 - 12/10/12 07:56 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Joint Ops said:

I would go to you tube and simply type 'Rick Simpson' into the search engine, it will come up with Run From The Cure-Full Version, a documentary about a man who makes what he calls 'pheonix tears' that are a very pure extract from cannabis.

So powerful are the medicinal effects of this extract that they can crush even cancer in its latest stages, indica is usually used for this and for pain relief, sativa is for deppression and energy levels, watch the doco and see what you think,

This sounds interesting. Im going to check it out.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures