Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Moving across state with the garden in bloom....
    #646838 - 11/19/12 12:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So, I've got to move. My landlord keeps "fixing" the mold in the ceiling by wiping it down with bleach, drying it off and then painting over it. I told him there's still mold BEHIND the drywall that needed to be fixed, but he refused to acknowledge that it was his responsibility to fix it. So I told him I'm leaving, and if he doesn't return my last month's rent AND my deposit, I am suing him for diminished value and endangering my wife and child (who are both allergic to mold).

Now, I have the awesome job of moving my entire grow room across the state to where we're moving to!  :crankey:

Now, I've got 5 girls in flower right now. 4 that are from seed that in trying to determine which is gonna be the new mother for that strain. It's really only between #2 and #5, provided neither of them hermie during this ultra-stressful move. I'm gonna have to move them twice. Once on Friday, moving them into the house for a temporary room so we can dismantle the entire grow room and pack it into the moving truck. Then I'm gonna SHOVE all 5 of the girls in flower into a 4x4 tent that we have in the back of the truck, and move it all down to the other side of the state, a 4 hour drive away.

So, my wife wants me to ask if anyone's got any advice on moving an entire garden across the state like this... Myself, I think it'll just end up shocking them ant I'll be able to see if there's any unstable pheno's in there...

--------------------
My best run so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Moving across state with the garden in bloom.... [Re: Tank333]
    #646848 - 11/19/12 01:56 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I think renting a small uhaul trailer would be better then "shoving" them in a tent in a bed of a truck.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Moving across state with the garden in bloom.... [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #646852 - 11/19/12 02:51 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
I think renting a small uhaul trailer would be better then "shoving" them in a tent in a bed of a truck.

I'll be renting a 26 foot truck for the move, and we gotta tow the car so we can't get a trailer. The tent is the only way I have to keep them in 100% darkness for the entire trip. My light cycle is on from 8pm to 8am...

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #646858 - 11/19/12 03:47 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

How many hours are they going to be in the truck? I think you should be fine if your gentle and its not interrupting the day period. Make sure to secure them down so they don't slide around and jump up and down on bumps. Wrap some string around the branches to make it more manageable. Get some large black trash bags over them when moving them through the light/outside.

How far into flower are they?

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Moving across state with the garden in bloom.... [Re: phychotron]
    #646859 - 11/19/12 04:07 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Should be just fine if you keep them in the dark man.  I woulnd't be overly concerned at all.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#647361 - 11/22/12 12:15 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
How many hours are they going to be in the truck? I think you should be fine if your gentle and its not interrupting the day period. Make sure to secure them down so they don't slide around and jump up and down on bumps. Wrap some string around the branches to make it more manageable. Get some large black trash bags over them when moving them through the light/outside.

How far into flower are they?

It's a 4-5 hour drive from here to where we're moving to. Plus probably a couple of hours to set up the room where they are going to be in...

They're about 5 weeks into flower now. Slight complications tonight thought. There's going to be one less plant in the truck now. Grave-digger #5 has sprouted nanners and got the axe tonight... Sad, because she's the biggest and thickest of them... :frown:

--------------------
My best run so far

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647362 - 11/22/12 12:24 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Bummer.....what's going on that she would want to do that though?

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Moving across state with the garden in bloom.... [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #647364 - 11/22/12 12:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Bummer.....what's going on that she would want to do that though?

Cause I've been stressing em on purpose. Light, heat, nutes, ph, I've put these girls through their paces, for sure. But I've got em all cloned, and the strongest one gets turned into the mother once these are done flowering...

--------------------
My best run so far

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647365 - 11/22/12 12:39 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Kool

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#647366 - 11/22/12 12:40 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I was dissapointed. She'd been really chunking up the past 4 or 5 days, and now she threw out a bunch of dicks! :kingcrankey:

--------------------
My best run so far

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647367 - 11/22/12 12:42 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well, that's the way she goes.  Where in Washington are you moving?

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#647368 - 11/22/12 12:51 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Yup. That's the shakes, man. I've still got 5 more beans of this strain I want to pop later on to try and get a killer pheno, but I'm not sure if they're gonna actually sprout. I left them in my jeans pocket and the wifey didn't pull em out before running them through the washing machine. Lol.

--------------------
My best run so far

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647369 - 11/22/12 12:53 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Where in Washington are you moving?

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Moving across state with the garden in bloom.... [Re: Tank333] * 1
    #647370 - 11/22/12 12:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Oh yea, I'm moving to the tri-cities... Gonna stay with my parents and let them see the kid for a year or so while we save up money to move down to Cali. I want to do an outdoor 99 plant grow down there...

--------------------
My best run so far

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647371 - 11/22/12 12:59 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

hells yeah

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#647372 - 11/22/12 01:11 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Man, I got plans... an underground hydroponics system so I can do hydro outdoors instead of soil. Using top-feed and and 100+ gallon reservoirs for each of the plants. It'll be recockulously expensive, but I figure absolute minimum of a pound per plant for the first run will pay for the system no problem. I'm hoping I can get more like 3-5 each though...

--------------------
My best run so far

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #647373 - 11/22/12 01:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Have you done outdoor? 

I mean I yield a pound per plant indoors man.....outdoors we get insane yields.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #647395 - 11/22/12 05:35 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

The cops in tri cities are on top of it. I had three police encounters in one day.

The first just up the 395 heading that way. I was about to pack a second bowl when I saw him in the distance on the side of the road--sure enough he got on the highway. Expired tags, but it took him about 10 minutes of checkriding me at a distance before he got close enough to realize the problem. I had the cruise control set, passed semi's like a champ. He approached on the passenger side, I had the window rolled down ever so slightly, and he asked me to roll it down some more. He got his face all up in that window, I'm certain he could smell the bud I smoked a few minutes before I saw him.  Warning ticket.

next encounter was going to the store to get bullets to go shooting. I passed a cop that was right behind a slow moving truck, and he got right behind me and pulled me over as i was pulling into the parking lot. My friend said he couldn't remember if the guns were loaded, so they had to call in back up while they ran all the info again. No searching or getting out of the car, just a safety precaution.

and finally as we were all shooting the cops rolled up and said that because no one is cleaning up their mess on the back of the guys property that he's had to put up no shooting signs.. but because people have been shooting this hill for over 30 years the sign keeps being taken down, so no prosecution, just names and a warning.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#647406 - 11/22/12 09:45 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Have you done outdoor? 

I mean I yield a pound per plant indoors man.....outdoors we get insane yields.

Naw, never done outdoor, but I don't like to count chickens before they're hatched. If I shoot for a lower goal and exceed it, I'll be happier than if I set a higher goal and didn't achieve it. Once I've done a run, I should be able to estimate a better goal for the following runs... Like I said though, I would LIKE to see yeilds of anywhere between 3-5 pounds per plant to start with. Even at rock bottom wholesale prices, 300 pounds is enough for me to buy my own small starter property. Shit, even just 100 pounds should be enough for that though, in all honesty!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#647412 - 11/22/12 10:13 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
The cops in tri cities are on top of it. I had three police encounters in one day.

The first just up the 395 heading that way. I was about to pack a second bowl when I saw him in the distance on the side of the road--sure enough he got on the highway. Expired tags, but it took him about 10 minutes of checkriding me at a distance before he got close enough to realize the problem. I had the cruise control set, passed semi's like a champ. He approached on the passenger side, I had the window rolled down ever so slightly, and he asked me to roll it down some more. He got his face all up in that window, I'm certain he could smell the bud I smoked a few minutes before I saw him.  Warning ticket.

next encounter was going to the store to get bullets to go shooting. I passed a cop that was right behind a slow moving truck, and he got right behind me and pulled me over as i was pulling into the parking lot. My friend said he couldn't remember if the guns were loaded, so they had to call in back up while they ran all the info again. No searching or getting out of the car, just a safety precaution.

and finally as we were all shooting the cops rolled up and said that because no one is cleaning up their mess on the back of the guys property that he's had to put up no shooting signs.. but because people have been shooting this hill for over 30 years the sign keeps being taken down, so no prosecution, just names and a warning.

Yea, the cops down there don't fuck around. They're bored and on it! Lol

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds