Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpoonbender
Male

Problem: Early Blooming
    #15789 - 04/30/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hello everyone.

I grow my plot outdoors.
I have the following plants at the moment:
5x G13 Haze
6x Jack Herer
1x Early Misty
1x Medusa
1x Swazi
3x Unknown Genetics

The problem I am having is early blooming. The Early Misty, Half of the Herers, All of the Hazes, And two of the unknowns have already started to bloom. All of them didn't have a long enough growing phase, so I expect that if things continue as they are, I will not be seeing the amount of buds I was expecting.

The Herers and Hazes all came from cuttings I received.
All the rest came from seed I have grown.
Currently, the sun is shining for just a bit less than 13 hours and 30 minutes a day, and climbing.
Withing a month, the sun will shine for 14 hours and 10 minutes a day, which is nearly the peak.

The behaviour of the plants (early blooming) is different than previous years.

I wish to know my best move.
I have several options in mind, but I want to know what you people think I should do, concerning this batch of plants.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Problem: Early Blooming [Re: Spoonbender]
    #16221 - 05/01/08 06:53 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

well short of digging up your plants and moving them indoors i'm not sure what you can do, and i wouldn't do that if i were you.

you must be far north to only have a max summer day of 14 hours. and you have your plants outside already? what temps are you seeing?

if i were you i would wait it out. you don't really have any other choice that's not drastic.

how big are the plants?

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineSpoonbender
Male

Re: Problem: Early Blooming [Re: Yrat]
    #16243 - 05/01/08 08:31 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

First, the plants are not planted in the ground. They are in pots. The smaller pots are 3.5 Liters, and the bigger pots are 6.5 Liters.

Location: I am not in the "far north", I am 34 degrees and ~44' north of the equator.
Temperatures: we've been having some heatwaves lately, reaching up to 40 degrees celcius. Currently temperatures are much lower and are within the range of 23 to 27 dergees celcius.

Concerning the size of the plants: The Herers grew taller in the past week, reaching 30 to 40 centimeters. The Hazes are quite short, they didn't grow tall at all, and are between 10 to 20 centimeters. The Early Misty and the unknowns are between 60 to 80 centimeters.

If I plan on waiting, is it possible that the plants will enter a growing phase in the future, and another blooming phase?

If it is possible for me to take them indoor only for the night time, and put them under a Fluorescent (80 Watt Cool White) for night hours, will the blooming stop, or will I encounter other unwanted phenomena such as hermaphrodite plants?

OfflineEvan
Medical Marvel

Folding@home Statistics
    #17655 - 05/02/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Since your plants are small and can easilly be transported I would recommed putting them under 24 hour lights until they resume vegetative growth. They are pretty small and should revert back after a few weeks.

As a rule of thumb veg inside and don't put your plants out until June 15.

Offlinemojo risin
Re: Problem: Early Blooming [Re: Evan]
    #18388 - 05/03/08 03:53 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

It takes a few weeks to get your plants to revert back to the vegetative stage. so you may not have the time for your plants to produce two harvests. If you grow outdoors up north you should have genetics that are meant to grow up north. Indica are grown better closer to the equator. Try a strain that does better in your area. Just got back from Alaska. "Blue Alaskan Thunder Fuck." This strain or variety (not sure which) is great for short days. Also I'm not sure about any of the genetics you have, but Early Girl my have a bit of ruderalis. (not sure how to spell that)

OfflineSpoonbender
Male

#18763 - 05/04/08 11:00 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know how you got the idea that i grow up north...
I grow at 34 degrees north of the equator, which is the line of northern India, Afganistan, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado...

Anyhow, I think I've got the picture, And I'll act accordingly.

Offlinesilentgrow

#20180 - 05/05/08 05:50 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

i wouldnt switch my plants from inside to outside very much cause of shock, much better off having two seperate grows.

Invisiblemaggotz

Re: Problem: Early Blooming [Re: silentgrow]
    #20501 - 05/05/08 10:27 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

shock? what are you talking about? he'll just be moving the pots indoors, the plants aren't on the ground. i don't see how that would shock the plants.

Offlinesilentgrow

Re: Problem: Early Blooming [Re: maggotz]
    #20836 - 05/06/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

ohhhh haha i thought he was doing something totally different, like taking them out of the ground. my bad sir.

with my outdoor i let them get 12/12

Offlinesilentgrow

Re: Problem: Early Blooming [Re: silentgrow]
    #22710 - 05/08/08 10:41 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

when i grow different strains im going to do a cycle of a few plants of one strain so they all collaborate together in their growing process if i succeed lol.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies