Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Dammit, I'm never leaving my grow again!!!
    #643203 - 11/02/12 10:21 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

So, I left for a week to go help a friend of mine trim in Cali. I got back last night, and just had this sinking feeling that I needed to check the room right away.

The first thing I notice is that the damn doors are open between the flower and veg rooms, and the fucking light is off! The light cycle is supposed to be 6pm to 6 am... Damn timer is fucking up too much. I'm just gonna take it out in the morning and turn it on and off manually until I can afford a new one.

Secondly, there's gnats EVERYWHERE!!!! Every one of the clones, every one of the plants in the veg room, every one of the plants in the flower room. They ALL have them!

I've got until tomorrow before I can really do anything, so I'm postin' to see what people think I should do. Research tells me I should use sticky traps for the adults and nematodes for the larvae.

A layer of sand is also recommended, but it seemed that was mainly for soil growers. Would a layer of sand on top of my hydroton be fine, or would it probably gunk up my pumps and lines and whatnot?

Also, I was considering using h2o2 to help kill off the larvae, but wouldn't that be counter-intuitive with the nematodes?

--------------------
My best run so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dammit, I'm never leaving my grow again!!! [Re: Tank333]
    #643205 - 11/02/12 10:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Nematodes and Sticky traps are perfect.  And don't use the sand, no point in complicating things man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineNameInUse
Strange
Male User Gallery

Re: Dammit, I'm never leaving my grow again!!! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #643277 - 11/03/12 09:23 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Super bummer! I have mechanical timers so a power outage would throw my schedule off if I was gone.

I've been using a 3 part program on those fucking gnats.
SNS-209 is a rosemary extract that is supposed to discourage adult feeding systemically, fed directly to the roots and dispersed through the plant. Also adds a nice aroma to the plant.
Diatomaceous earth slices the adults and dehydrates them.
Mosquito dunks (bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) feasts on the larvae.
They aren't gone but they're barely there and I can still eat my stuff fresh and pesticide free.
Next time I'll just throw nematodes in preemptively.

--------------------
But then an even greater force emerged: The un! And the un un-nazi'd the world! Forever!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains