Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRedSweetness7
Stranger
 User Gallery

New home grower looking for a fix for my almost ready plants... Help Please!
    #639500 - 10/07/12 03:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hello to all- thanks for helping this new grower!

---------------
Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
Seeds (I got them at about 10-12 weeks)

2. How old are your plants?
about 6-7 months

3. How tall are your plants?
about 3ft.

4. What size containers are they planted in?
10 gallon

5. What is your soil mix?
coco fiber and potting soil (with light perlite)
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
every 3-4 days; ~1.5g per plant; water from a chlorine/chemical filter on my shower head- new wave brand
7. What is the pH of your water?
don't know

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
Age Old Grow (12-6-6), and now AO Bloom (5-10-5)

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
no

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
sunshine on a northward facing balcony patio

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
n/a

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
5x10 open outdoor area
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
Rocky Mountains high country...6620 ft Alt., 12% humidity today, and 50* (but maybe colder on the second floor in the shadows?)

14. What is the pH of the soil?
don't know

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
some regular flies and little flies; I use a neem oil and water blend to spray all over the place when I see a gnatty fly

16. How much experience do you have growing?
this is the first time I have ever even kept a tomato plant alive, but I started my garden so late; I am worried about the herb, not the tomatoes.
-------------------
First; I know I need a thermometer and a Ph checker; this just all came up pretty suddenly after a very easy beginning.

I have two plants that are about a month away (I've been told) from being ready to harvest. It's getting chilly here, but so far they haven't had a problem with it. I went away for a job for a week, and my friend over-watered and over-fertilized. When I got back one plant  (Plant A) was droopy (and had been for a day or so...) because it had been sitting in water! So I drained it, but since it hasn't warmed up again I am wondering if I can save it, or should I just flush it and harvest? The smell is gone; it just smells a little plant-y now. I brought it inside for a few hours today since the sun is gone from the space for the day, hopefully to warm it up. The other (Plant B) is doing fine, but I'm wondering how much cold it can stand!

Plant A) over-watered, drooping and bronze-ish spots on leaves... the smell is gone.

Plant B) doing fine! and still outside...

Thanks again for any help I can get in saving or harvesting the one, and how and when to finish off the other!

Edited by RedSweetness7 (10/07/12 03:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New home grower looking for a fix for my almost ready plants... Help Please! [Re: RedSweetness7]
    #639520 - 10/07/12 07:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yikes.....let them dry out then flush man.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineRedSweetness7
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New home grower looking for a fix for my almost ready plants... Help Please! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #639591 - 10/08/12 10:47 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Hawk- I'm going to try that with the one that was over-fed... and with the other just stay on course, as it is okay, other than the possible cold issue.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New home grower looking for a fix for my almost ready plants... Help Please! [Re: RedSweetness7]
    #639597 - 10/08/12 12:17 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Just flush em both.  It never hurts to do so.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineRedSweetness7
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New home grower looking for a fix for my almost ready plants... Help Please! [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #639603 - 10/08/12 01:04 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

okay; ;-)

OfflineRedSweetness7
Stranger
 User Gallery

UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: RedSweetness7]
    #639864 - 10/10/12 10:33 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

<Is it okay to keep this post in the sickroom...?>

Okay, so the wounded plant is still doing pretty badly. All the leaves have all withered up and gotten dry and crunchy. The buds have lost their smell and sticky icky-ness... though somewhat moist on the inside its kind of crunchy on the very little edges, and the hairs have all orange-ed and gotten a very 'dried up and folded in' look to them.

So what should I do?

I gave it a good flush last night (around 6:30pm-brought them inside at 730-ish) with <1.5G chlorine free h2o...the water has mostly run out, but the dirt is holding (meh- I'll say 50-75%?) of the h2o.
-----------------------

The healthy plant continues to be just that, though the buds still have a ways to go on the growth to match the hair length (if that is the optimum growth I am looking for).

I also flushed this plant with <1.5G C-F h2o, but it retained the moisture.
---
This the second night I have taken them both inside, and will continue to do so until I just leave them inside in front of the windows if it gets too cold to take them out, even in the day... or do you recommend that I give them fresh air and sun even if its pretty cold out there? I'm thinking that I should keep them in if it stays below 35* during the day; I just won't turn on the central heat in the house...

Thanks in advance for any more help! Peace for the day!

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: RedSweetness7]
    #639877 - 10/10/12 02:14 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

First plant may be dead.  Is it taking up water still?

And a flush is 3-5 the amount of water to substrate ratio.  If you only did 1.5 gallons, you did not flush these plants.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineRedSweetness7
Stranger
 User Gallery

UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #639885 - 10/10/12 03:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Oh... okay. Now I know what flushing is, specifically. Thanks! I will definitely do that tomorrow morning.

Well, yes, the sick one had most of the 1.5G leak out immediately, but the soil did stay wet overnight and into today; very moist. I will really flush this one tomorrow morning once it is warmed up, then by the next morning (Friday), if it has not perked up at all, I think I should chalk it. Or should I give it a little more bounce back time after the flush to see if it really is dead or not? Is there a reason NOT to wait if it IS dead (and can I just harvest what there is the same as I would a 'regular' plant?)

The healthy took the 1.5G and only moistened the runoff tray, not filling it with soil drainage. It is still not showing any signs of distress (Unless it is budding slower than expected and I just don't know it). As I said above, I will flush this one tomorrow morning once it has warmed up a little, then start its bloom fertilizer again the next time I water it (probably Sunday or Monday). Thanks again!

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: zion
Re: UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: RedSweetness7]
    #639909 - 10/10/12 07:04 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

it's charlie browns christmas tree

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.
the ganja herb is the healing of the nation.

OfflineRedSweetness7
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #639935 - 10/10/12 10:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Sad but true- It didn't make it through the first Big Pumpkin... as long as I can still make a pie.

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: RedSweetness7]
    #639959 - 10/11/12 07:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

we live and we learn.
take the knowledge you find from this great community,
and make your next grow STELLAR!

MMMMMMMMMMMM...PIE! :drooling:

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: brainsOplenty]
    #639974 - 10/11/12 12:06 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

brainsOplenty said:

it's charlie browns christmas tree

It looks as if the roots were locked out from literally everything including water...
Some root stress or fert stress?!?, what about root fungus guys?

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

OfflineRedSweetness7
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: sidetwist]
    #639989 - 10/11/12 03:13 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The poor lady had only the most minimal of spring-back from any actions at all, so I went ahead and cut it, and hung it (in a low humidity and light, medium air flow space). Are there any drying/curing tips for early/wounded plants? Thanks!

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #639990 - 10/11/12 03:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

By the looks of her I would just turn her in to butter.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineRedSweetness7
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #640388 - 10/14/12 12:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Being my first plant, I have to smoke a bowl, of course. But if it is better as butter (I use coconut oil), then that will be the end goal. It is hanging in proper settings now. Thanks for all your help with this one. One last question; On my remaining plant, I'm looking for the hairs to turn 'milky-white,' but while most are still a fairly light green, some are already turning orange-ish (they are both black-cherry kush, as far as bag labeling accuracy goes). So is there a ratio of white-to-orange in hair color that I am looking for? Thanks!

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

#640391 - 10/14/12 01:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

not the hairs, but the resin glands.

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #640394 - 10/14/12 01:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

brainsOplenty said:
not the hairs, but the resin glands.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblebrainsOplenty
ganja farmer
Male User Gallery

Re: UPDATE: ... Re: New home grower (I'm very proud of my first try, so I'm showin' um off! Hahaha) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #640397 - 10/14/12 01:11 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

you'll need a jewelers loupe or handheld microscope

--------------------
it's written right here.
it's absolutely clear.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale