Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Guerilla Surprises!
    #58766 - 06/16/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

So a few years ago I headed out to my little plot in the woods.  upon arriving, I squatted down and took to caring for one of my little lady friends.  After a few seconds I heard a very strange sound, sort of like a little grunt/squeak.  It was very close, and I looked all around to figure out wtf had just happened.  I couldn't figure it out, so I went back to business.  All of a sudden I heard it again, coming from right between my legs.  WTF??  I slowly looked down, but couldn't see anything at all.  Then I noticed a bit of the ground "jump."  I noticed a bit of fur sticking out of some old sticks and stems.  I didn't know what to think.  I took a stick and slowly pulled back the downy-soft fur to reveal a little nest of the cutest little baby rabbits I had ever seen.  Their eyes weren't even open yet.  I snapped a few pics while being careful not to touch or disturb them too much.

The next time I visited they were gone.

One benefit of growing in the middle of blackberries, other than the deterrent of climbing through thorns, is the delicious treats you get when you visit your babies!

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSirius
Saturn Ascends

Loc: The Milky Way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Guerilla Surprises! [Re: Yrat]
    #59205 - 06/17/08 05:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You're lucky the only mammals you have to worry about are little bunnies. I was reading one guy's grow log in which he had curious black bears around, messing up his stuff and being pests. Once he sprayed one of them in the face because it got too close. :lol:

Then there was the guy in Asia who gets to his grow spot by paddling through a river in the jungle, complete with all kinds of snakes and monkeys! :shocked:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Guerilla Surprises! [Re: Sirius]
    #59342 - 06/17/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

One benefit of growing in the middle of blackberries, other than the deterrent of climbing through thorns, is the delicious treats you get when you visit your babies!

Fresh blackberries are just amazing!  That's a really nice bonus you have on the way to your plants :laugh:

I miss the blackberry bush i had when i was a kid.  It was right outside our garage so my summer consisted of painting my face, hands, and shirt with blackberry juice :laugh:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineYrat
Happy Planting
 User Gallery

Re: Guerilla Surprises! [Re: coda]
    #59598 - 06/17/08 06:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

my old spot had countless stands of huuuge blackberries.  you can see in that pic that they are quite large, some reaching ping pong ball size.  i'm seriously considering going back there to get a couple cuttings or a baby plant or two to start in the garden.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." - Abraham Lincoln

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root"
~ Henry D. Thoreau
Strike The Root
                                                                                      :gethigh:

OfflineAnnom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #60115 - 06/18/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That's a nice surprise! great pics!

Invisiblemel_lonta_tauda
Male User Gallery
Loc: the sun
Re: Guerilla Surprises! [Re: Annom]
    #60595 - 06/18/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yeah they look cute now, but once they get older...

BAM!:killerrabbit:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Guerilla Surprises! [Re: mel_lonta_tauda]
    #63807 - 06/22/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mel_lonta_tauda said:
yeah they look cute now, but once they get older...

BAM!:killerrabbit:

Rabbits and deer are always eating what I plant outside.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
    #284777 - 09/22/09 04:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Shit you scared me.
All I saw at first was the first picture which looked like a web. I was thinking funnel web.

And as soon as you said you noticed the ground 'jump' and noticed a bit of fur and started prodding around I just thought, 'he has to be typing this from the hospital', what a pleasant surprise.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Guerilla Surprises! [Re: Snurry]
    #284793 - 09/22/09 04:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This thread is over a year old, Snurry

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

InvisibleSnurry
Cunt
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Guerilla Surprises! [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #284837 - 09/22/09 06:40 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry wasn't looking at the date, still new to me. I don't think i committed a cardinal sin. Sorry if you're offended by dates.

--------------------
--->
200/~218 Days
It's all a bunch of fucking bribble!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder