Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAtolas
Stranger
Box dementions
    #634378 - 08/09/12 11:11 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

alright would a stealth grow box that is 2-3 Feet in height; 2x2 in length good to fit one or more "Lowryder" (small autoflower bud) in the box? And what lighting do i use (CFL) i know the HPS already.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBudGrower
Stranger
Re: Box dementions [Re: Atolas] * 1
    #634409 - 08/10/12 11:20 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I have 2 cabs with the dimensions of 30" high and 2' x 2'. I run 8 21" t5 ho 6500k for lighting and 1 3" fan for ventilation. The cabs are set up to Scrog with a screen 2/3 (19") up in the cab.

Clones of the correct size are placed in the cab. Cab runs only on bloom cycle (12/12). The stretch fills in the screen produces a 2' square of 3-4" high buds in 8-10 weeks. The production is consistent at 3.5 to 4 oz per cycle. Having clones of the correct size/age at the right time maximizes the efficiency of this style of grow.

If you are using autoflower plants just make sure your cab height accommodates the height of the finished plant. Most are in the 2' range or less and I would guess you could run 4 in one of these cabs. You would have no need for the screen either.

I run larger tents with LED lighting but I do not think LED will work in this small a space. You need 20" or so of headroom for an LED light or you can sunburn your plants. The T5 ho works fantastic, heat is not an issue but you still want to ventilate the CAB well for the sake of the plants.

I have run HPS in these Cabs but heat was a big headache and if you lost ventilation you lost the plant, the production was larger at 4-4.5 oz but mistakes and malfunctions were costly and ultimately the T5's produce better with much less hassle.

I built the cabs myself including lights, cost was around $150-200. It has been my primary grow method for 10 years with great success. I am now moving to larger tents with more efficient lighting because I have the room now. However I have really enjoyed growing in these smaller cabs. It is simply amazing what this plant will adapt to.

Bg

OfflineAtolas
Stranger
Re: Box dementions [Re: BudGrower]
    #634460 - 08/10/12 11:17 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thanks man, this is critical information for me =)

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Box dementions [Re: Atolas]
    #634701 - 08/13/12 12:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I have run plants in a small space such as above with my 90W LED UFO and had good results.  I'm not sure about the above posters 20" headroom.  I keep my LED about 6-8 inches away from the plants with no problems at all.  With LED its good to keep them very close to your plants.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Box dementions [Re: phrostbyte]
    #634703 - 08/13/12 12:02 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The newer ones are more powerful and will bleach out your plants if you don't keep them at a greater distance.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Box dementions [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #634716 - 08/13/12 01:44 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The amount of bleaching with LED I think is mostly determined by how many watts/sq-foot the fixture produces, plus beam angle. I use the Advanced LED 400w diamond series and it needs to be over 12" away or it will bleach the tops. I also have some blackstar 240 (really a 130w) fixtures that do not work quite as well for penetration, but the plants can be within an inch without a problem. Advanced has 2 power settings on the diamond series, half power works fine for veg. 

If your serious about LED, Advanced just came out with a fixture in the diamond series, the XML. It looks pretty sweet, its dimmable and has a 2.5' x 2.5' core footprint.  But how tall is it exactly, 2 or 3 feet? that's a big difference

http://www.advancedledlights.com/3w-led-grow-lights/new-diamond-series-xml-10w-cree-xml/

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineBudGrower
Stranger
Re: Box dementions [Re: phychotron]
    #635229 - 08/20/12 10:46 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Not to hijack your thread but this has turned into and interesting discussion about LED's.

I wonder about the different wave lengths used in LED. My UFO 120's are 8 different wave lengths, one in the near IR. I suspect that 1 or more of these wavelengths, probably on the UV side of the spectrum, causes the bleaching. I think earlier LED's typically only had 2-3 different wave lengths and those were safe closer to the plants. I believe the additional wavelengths are beneficial to the plants but more dangerous too. That is why I selected these lights.

I am not sure what the angle of illumination is, not in the specs but that could also be important. I managed to kill the first 6 plants under LED's by putting them less than a foot above the plants(clones). Lights are now at the top of a 5' grow tent plants seem to be liking life now. The heat reduction is phenomenal. I may get into a situation in the winter where I may have to add heat mats! In addition, I am using the fan in the UFO as the only ventilation in the tent, so ventilation is much simpler. Sure hope the production is at an acceptable level.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck