Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRonhero
Ocean Grown
Male

Loc: West Arizona Bay
Came up with a good idea for myself and others who make wax
    #633869 - 08/05/12 05:08 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I make a lot of wax from pounds of donated shake / trim from fellow cultivators also operating under prop 215. I make BHO with all the material I collect.

What I have been doing recently is since I don't want to keep my whole stash out I keep it in two different size glass jars. One concentrate small little makeup jar and a 2 oz glass jar.

What I have been doing to make my wax easier to pour (into dabber dish / concentrate jar / fill my v-pen carts) is use a plug in candle warmer since it heats it up just to the point it melts and doesn't burn. Also makes it easy to pool up all the resin that is on the sides.

I got a candle warmer at the local arts and crafts store for under $10 and the jars for free from a web site selling them in bulk (they send you free samples just have to pay shipping. I ordered 8 different jars and lids and was $7.00 total WIN! PM me if you want the site)

I just thought I throw this out there for anyone who uses concentrates. Even if you just buy small amounts, the smallest concentrate jar I have when I am hard up and on the go I just heat it with a lighter and it all pools in one spot :-D

--------------------

Babo911 on the Shroomery is me

Edited by Ronhero (08/05/12 05:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedAshes

Re: Came up with a good idea for myself and others who make wax *DELETED* [Re: Ronhero]
    #633888 - 08/05/12 11:43 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by RedAshes

Reason for deletion: delete

Edited by RedAshes (08/05/12 11:44 AM)

InvisibleP-O

Re: Came up with a good idea for myself and others who make wax [Re: RedAshes] * 2
    #633905 - 08/05/12 12:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

post a teq with pics OP

i like to see other peoples methods :hi5:

OfflineRonhero
Ocean Grown
Male

Re: Came up with a good idea for myself and others who make wax [Re: P-O]
    #633977 - 08/06/12 12:42 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I am running some BHO with some shake later this week. I'll take pictures of everything as to how I do. Maybe if I have some free time Tuesday I will run an OZ or so just so everyone can see.

I get my trim and shake from growers but I know plenty of clubs for people who live in green states that sell "House Shake" or "House Trim" for as low as $30 per oz. For me it is worth even buying at that high of a price from the club vs the price of wax.

--------------------

InvisibleP-O

Re: Came up with a good idea for myself and others who make wax [Re: Ronhero]
    #633990 - 08/06/12 04:36 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:sambergfive:

OfflineRedAshes

Re: Came up with a good idea for myself and others who make wax *DELETED* [Re: Ronhero]
    #634007 - 08/06/12 07:48 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by RedAshes

Reason for deletion: delete

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Came up with a good idea for myself and others who make wax [Re: RedAshes]
    #634037 - 08/06/12 12:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

BHO does not always have butane in it. If it has been fully purged, it won't have any butane in it. I leave mine on the stove on low overnight in a double boiler. In the morning, I have plenty of fully-purged BHO

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineRonhero
Ocean Grown
Male

Re: Came up with a good idea for myself and others who make wax [Re: RedAshes]
    #634110 - 08/07/12 09:51 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RedAshes said:
Quote:

Ronhero said:
I am running some BHO with some shake later this week. I'll take pictures of everything as to how I do. Maybe if I have some free time Tuesday I will run an OZ or so just so everyone can see.

I get my trim and shake from growers but I know plenty of clubs for people who live in green states that sell "House Shake" or "House Trim" for as low as $30 per oz. For me it is worth even buying at that high of a price from the club vs the price of wax.

B.H.O.  still has "trace amounts" of butane in it!!  I saw a video on you-tube of a person using a vacuum pump (like one used in the HVAC industry) and a sealed glass jar to extract the remaining butane using a vacuum chamber.  The resulting left behind hash was like a solid chunk with holes in it similar to swiss cheese.  Have you ever tried this method of butane extraction?

I have tried smoking B.H.O., and it would not burn easily without being packed on top of some greens so that when the greens ignite, their cherry in-turn would allow the B.H.O. to burn, but even that I felt was inefficient, and that some of the hash was being wasted.

Another video I saw depicted someone using a technique similar to "hot knifing", in which they had a special bong that had a small metal bowl on it.  This person used a torch to get the bowl white-hot, and then dropped a small amount of hash oil on that white-hot bowl, incinerating it instantly.  This seemed to me like a more efficient burn, wasting less of the ingredients in the hash oil, but it seems to me like a healthier process of smoking this hash would be to extract as much of the butane from it as possible using the vacuum pump technique.

Dope-Cat says:  Butane inhalation is bad for your health!! Hemp-wick! hemp-wick!

I use both vac and heat purge, all contingent upon what I need it for.

When I am making BHO for a v-pen style cart I make sure it is oil like constancy so I just heat purge and slight whip.

When I am making BHO for tincture I heat purge and whip till it is budder like constancy. Then I add food grade glycerin to make it a medical sublingual.

When I am making BHO for dabbing I make glass. I don't heat purge at all. I just scrape my BHO into a glob on some parchment paper, throw it in the vac at the highest PSI and just let it sit for an hour till all the butane is out. Then I melt it and freeze it to make shattered glass.

Hope this helps

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates