Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNSFWMainer
Maine-iac
Male

Lumens on lower half of plant.
    #633018 - 07/28/12 02:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I am currently getting 1200 at the top of my plants but the bottom is only getting about 200-500.

Is that enough for growth lower in the plant or not? I put reflective surfaces all around my plants and it went from near no Lumens to about 200-500 down below the canopy. Should I even care?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lumens on lower half of plant. [Re: NSFWMainer]
    #633021 - 07/28/12 02:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Nope you shouldn't really care.  What kind of light are you running and how big are your plants?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineNSFWMainer
Maine-iac
Male

#633030 - 07/28/12 04:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

My whitewidow + BB is 22inches
My White Rhino is 14inches

I'm using LED. You posted on one of my updates with "I dont think enough light is penetrating which made me want to go get a Tester. Thing works great. And I rebuilt my grow room to allow more light (From about 50 lumens to 200-500) at the bottom of the plants, What are your plants getting for lumens down the stalk?

still veg. hours, I want a nice harvest and am not constrained for time. 18/6

Currently feeding Voodoo Juice every 3rd watering or so

I water about every 3-4 days

Water PH is: 6.8

Soil PH is: 7.0 - 7.5

Edited by NSFWMainer (07/28/12 04:16 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #633039 - 07/28/12 04:37 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well my plants have just a straight canopy of buds.  So I don't worry about what the bottom of the plant is receiving. 

If you train/top well enough you can just get an even canopy of buds. 

It doesn't surprise me that you're not getting good penetration with LED's.....I've heard complaints about them having that issue.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #633202 - 07/29/12 10:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

a lux meter wont do a great job comparing light sources, but will give you relative quantities of the individual light.  for quantity of usable PAR light between various sources you'll need an expensive quantum meter ($350). Even then I've heard that even still they are not as good as the super expensive($1000's) spectrometer--not as good of a reading in the red range.

The point of LED is to match the PAR curve, not the LUX curve, so I would even go so far as to say that if you run two different brand fixtures that your LUX reading will be even more skewed if they are configured differently.

All light follows the inverse square law, so the penetration/light intensity is essentially a function of distance from fixture. With LED there are factors that make the light more intense and focused downward more. It's called the beam angle of the LED, 90º or less is recommended for penetration power. Their are also secondary optics, as seen on the diamond series from advanced led, that can be used to change the beam angle.

If you have a lot of wide beam angle, 120º and no secondary optics then the manufacturer wanted to go cheap and give you a bigger coverage area with the same amount of light covering a larger area.

What fixture are you using? I do like hawk and try and create an even canopy of bud with about 1-2' of the plant with leaves, depending on the plant.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder