Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Mold on soilless mix, what to do? Update with pics (and deficiency on lower leaves?)
    #632752 - 07/26/12 04:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yup... just wanted to post this out here. Blurry pics are coming tomorrow.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Edited by sidetwist (07/28/12 07:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mold on soilless mix, what to do? [Re: sidetwist]
    #632753 - 07/26/12 04:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

What kind of mold?  Just a little bit of green on top?

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Mold on soilless mix, what to do? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #632756 - 07/26/12 04:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You think of trich, but I don't know it. I will have to look at it in the light, but until now it looks like thin cottony myc.
I put some of the snail granules in the pot recently to avoid iron deficiency. The mold seems to develop around them, at least so it seems.
Could be I overwatered them a little, but I'm not aware that I did it that much...
H2O2?

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #632757 - 07/26/12 04:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

That could work.  Physan is what I use.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #632816 - 07/26/12 09:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've had some white fuzz and green stuff cover my soil a little bit, a quick spray with H2O2 cures it up in a couple applications.  the 3% from the regular store works fine straight, and most spray bottles use the same thread so the spray top fits right into the h202 bottle.  I avoid the plant and go right for the soil.

just let the soil dry out a little bit more on top and it should correct itself. I've only had it on smaller pots in rooms that were closed up and more suited for mushroom growth. Check your humidity in the grow room.

are you using any beneficial microbes? they colonize and help keep other harmful species from invading.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Mold on soilless mix, what to do? [Re: phychotron]
    #632857 - 07/27/12 10:25 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
That could work.  Physan is what I use.

Oh hey nice, I should get that in the orchid section in the gardening center! :smile: I think here in my country I should have to get H2O2 only only in pharmacies. :shrug:
With physan, I read it was ammonia based, so will I have to watch out for a pH shift?

Quote:

phychotron said:
I've had some white fuzz and green stuff cover my soil a little bit, a quick spray with H2O2 cures it up in a couple applications.  the 3% from the regular store works fine straight, and most spray bottles use the same thread so the spray top fits right into the h202 bottle.  I avoid the plant and go right for the soil.

just let the soil dry out a little bit more on top and it should correct itself. I've only had it on smaller pots in rooms that were closed up and more suited for mushroom growth. Check your humidity in the grow room.

are you using any beneficial microbes? they colonize and help keep other harmful species from invading.

Ok nice, I googled the problem and the first answer was overwatering.
Then I went to the head and grow store and the woman there also said overwatering is one of the most common reasons. First thing I do is let them fully dry out (the pots). I also have smaller pots, but due to an upgrade I should have proper ventilation now. Just had not mounted the ventilation system right because of smoker disease  :bonghit2: Oh man, I did it as wrong as I could be... Tried to cultivate mushrooms in winter and MJ in the summer ^^

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Edited by sidetwist (07/27/12 10:28 AM)

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #632864 - 07/27/12 12:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You use such a small amount that I wouldn't worry about it.  I would go with 1/4 of the recommended strength.

--------------------

-niteowl

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Mold on soilless mix, what to do? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #632956 - 07/28/12 07:39 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

So, now for the pics:

This is the new setup, now with active carbon filter. 180cbm/h ventilator is hung up with mason jar rubber bands

little closer. trained them all differently to say how they behave. The right one is the oldest, I tied her as low as possible to see what could be done in a small cabinet, the middle one I trained only the main stem and the left one I left untrained until she reached a certain height (5th week or so), then I topped her (already starting to flower) and bent her to the side. I'm very interested in the last one because she has very long internode distances because I didn't train her at first, so she might have a better light permeability when trained later. results will be interesting.
I know I won't get a lot from them but since I get around a month with five grams of good weed, I will probably be able to avoid any black market contacts for like half a year or so, which is my reason for doing it.

ventilation device

Now for the fun part: every one of the three has the same deficiency, plus there is a mold spot which I cannot see if it is green or orange because I have a color deficiency. Already removed it with a spoon.

Other than drying out a little they did well. This one is a week and a half older than the others and is budding up well (for a small autoflower). Needless to say she is the thirstiest.

Yup, drying out... I have to water it again as soon as possible.

I planned flushing the younger two anyways, I did it with the older one like two weeks ago, Is there a possibility I could flush them all with pH-adjusted physan solution? Feedback much appreciated!

Edited by sidetwist (07/28/12 09:45 AM)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #633100 - 07/29/12 12:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

At walmart I found a product called Fungicide 3 by Schultz for about $13. it's 70% neem oil and takes care of a lot of problems. Try getting that (it's cheap) or a similar product to keep around for a foliar spray. I had some thripes move in and start eating my leaves, and powder mildew on some of my flowering plants. One good foliar spray took care of the problem mid-flower.  I bought some similar stuff at a hydro store for much much more and it worked about the same--same active ingredient, same applications. It's good to have around in an emergency. If you have any bugs moving in you want to hit them with that stuff.

My walmart has it on clearance, but you can find it online for cheap as well.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offlinesidetwist
Guano Reefs
 User Gallery

Re: Mold on soilless mix, what to do? [Re: phychotron]
    #633148 - 07/29/12 08:01 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't even find Physan. Was also too late to go to the pharmacy and get some H2O2... I got some algae extract for immune system strengthening from the gardening center. Maybe some less watering will do.

--------------------
Live slow, die old.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#633155 - 07/29/12 09:45 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sidetwist said:
I didn't even find Physan. Was also too late to go to the pharmacy and get some H2O2... I got some algae extract for immune system strengthening from the gardening center. Maybe some less watering will do.

i usually use a very weak bleach solution and flush with that.  Usually 1ml of 6% clorox to 1-2 gallon of water.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags