Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethelivingfreekshow
Astro-Biologist
Male

My plant looks like skeletor...
    #622588 - 05/14/12 04:40 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
SEEDS

2. How old are your plants?
45 DAYS

3. How tall are your plants?
15-16 INCHES

4. What size containers are they planted in?
3 GAL

5. What is your soil mix?
MG ORGANIC :frown:

6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
ABOUT ONCE A WEEK DECHLORINATED TAP WATER PH'D TO BETWEEN 6.3 AND 6.8

7. What is the pH of your water?
SEE ABOVE

8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
Have 2 different kinds. The first is Alaska Fish Fertilizer, 5-1-1. I fed them with this, and either I didnt add enough, or it sucks, because my big fan leaves faded to yellow than almost white. Then, I decided to give them some of the grow nutes I used my first run. Botanicare PBP Grow, 3-2-4. It looks like it has helped for the most part on 3 plants.

9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
Have not sprayed them in 2 weeks.

10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
400w MH

11. How close are your lights to the plants?
18 inches

12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16 sq ft , 6 foot tall

13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
between 74 and 78 degrees, running lights 24/0
humdity about 50%

14. What is the pH of the soil?
Do not have a soil tester.

15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
Just flies here and there

16. How much experience do you have growing?
2nd run.

I have watered them only 4 times in the last 23 days, I have also given them a benificial tea which included Carboload, Roots Oregonism, Humboldt Honey ES, and super thrive. The only other things they get is Liquid Karma and silica blast. 3 of my 4 girls are looking lush and the new growth is getting greener, the 4th however, is not. It is straggly, lanky, and sick looking. It is keeping up with the others, but looks horrible

leaf front and back:

The skinny bitch:

The other plants for comparison:

They all seem to have a little of this going on:

So, what do you think? Im pretty sure I did something they didnt like, I just need to know what that was. If thats not enough info I have records of when I gave them what, and the ph.

--------------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: My plant looks like skeletor... [Re: thelivingfreekshow]
    #622634 - 05/14/12 07:38 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

bookmark this link: http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/357108

it looks like your plants are nitrogen hungry. hit em with full strength veg nutes and it should look way better in a few days to a week.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: My plant looks like skeletor... [Re: Pilze]
    #622826 - 05/15/12 04:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Do you ph the water before or after you add your nutes? This was a mistake I made in the beginning...

--------------------
My best run so far

Astro-Biologist
Male

Re: My plant looks like skeletor... [Re: Tank333]
    #622861 - 05/15/12 10:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I ph after i add any nutes or beneficials to my water, i use a digital tester and also dropper bottle test to be sure of the ph.

--------------------
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.

Offlineorison319
got squirrel

#622901 - 05/16/12 12:40 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

root lock. if it hasnt healed yet..

--------------------

Astro-Biologist
Male

Re: My plant looks like skeletor... [Re: orison319]
    #622908 - 05/16/12 01:09 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

What do you mean by root locked? Do you mean nute lock out or root bound? It cant be root bound since theyre only like 15 inches tall and theyre in 3 gallon pots, and Ive only fed them twice, so it cant be salt build up, and like i said i check re-check then re-re-re-re-re -check my ph before giving them anything at all.  Always between 6.3 and 6.8. I did wait until I noticed a fair amount of yellowing leaves before i ever fed grow nutes, maybe thats it nitrogen starvation?I fed them grow nutes last night, will update in 3-5 days.

--------------------

Offlineorison319
got squirrel

#622916 - 05/16/12 01:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I should of said Nute lockout., the plants not picking up the nutes , even though they are present..

move it closer to the MH lamp and away from the HPS. 

i went back and seen MG soil. I dont wanna say bad things. but Its not good.

halogen, incandescent "plant lights< The most harmful lamps to plants in existence, asides from Lasers beams..

--------------------

Astro-Biologist
Male

Re: My plant looks like skeletor... [Re: orison319]
    #622921 - 05/16/12 02:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

They are under a MH light. The HPS doesnt come into play until flowering. Yes MG soil wasnt my first choice, but the other 3 plants arent skeletons like she is, its a GHS Kings Kush. After I bought the seeds I heard a lot of talk about Greenhouse Seeds genetics being hit or miss. I havent given her anything  the other three didnt also get. So, why would she be the only sickly looking one?

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #622923 - 05/16/12 02:13 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thelivingfreekshow said:
They are under a MH light. The HPS doesnt come into play until flowering. Yes MG soil wasnt my first choice, but the other 3 plants arent skeletons like she is, its a GHS Kings Kush. After I bought the seeds I heard a lot of talk about Greenhouse Seeds genetics being hit or miss. I havent given her anything  the other three didnt also get. So, why would she be the only sickly looking one?

Because when you grow from seed you haven't differing phenos in each plant.  It's not like cloning where every plant is the exact same.  Some will be a bit pickier than others.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder