Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSmokeaJoint
Smoke This and Chill...

Loc: Calabi-Yau Space Flag
Better pipes make for a better high?
    #621007 - 05/01/12 12:53 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

So, does a better quality smoking instrument provide a better high?

I have maybe $1000 of glass sitting on my table at home. Bongs, pipes, steamrollers, the works. All glass on glass, all bowls interchangeable, etc etc. Yeah I love my glass as much as I love my grass. But recently this has led to some ridicule from my smoking buddies. One even went so far as to say that he could get as high using a homemade pipe as I do with my glass, and for zero cost. IE that I'm wasting money.
  I know homemade pipes work well enough, no doubt. But doesn't quality of workmanship and materials mean something?

Discuss.

--------------------
‎The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. -  Albert Einstein

Nature is the great visible engine of creativity against which all other creative efforts are measured. - Terrance McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Better pipes make for a better high? [Re: SmokeaJoint]
    #621011 - 05/01/12 01:19 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Smoking out of a homemade pipe would be a gamble, in my opinion. Glass doesn't give off any fumes, like metals can do when heated up...

He may get high just as well as you, but I think it may be a slightly different high... :wink:

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Re: Better pipes make for a better high? [Re: Tank333]
    #621019 - 05/01/12 02:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You can get high using any type of instrument.  But that is not why you buy all these pieces.  It sounds like you enjoy the art form of glass.  So your friends can go to hell man. 

I have a large collection of glass as well.  And used to spend more on pieces than I did on pot before I started growing.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #621081 - 05/01/12 11:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I see what he is saying and if I saw all that glass, I would probably say the same thing.

But if your hobby includes collecting nice glass pieces then fuck them, spend your money how you see fit.

Ive always been cheap about getting glass though. I usually buy one nice piece and smoke out of it until it breaks or gets taken by the po-po's

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #621092 - 05/02/12 03:40 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You should not even be worrying about this, all I read is that your friends are too broke to get a nice piece, and are envious of all your shit.

Glass > Homemade anything

--------------------

Offlineremix
grammer natze

#621094 - 05/02/12 04:40 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I only have 1 bowl and a bong. I rarely even use either. I prefer joints.

That being said... what is this magic zero-cost material your friend is making bowls out of, anyway?

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Better pipes make for a better high? [Re: remix]
    #621102 - 05/02/12 06:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

There is some truth to better pipes = better high. I'm sure theres some point where it doesn't make a difference anymore, but my really nice Delta9 straight tube always gets me much higher than my cheaper beaker style bong. I'm not sure why that is...maybe I get thicker, better hits from the more expensive pipe.

I'm not even just getting a placebo effect from it. A lot of people I smoke with from it say its the best bong they've ever smoked. :shrug:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Better pipes make for a better high? [Re: RasJeph]
    #621118 - 05/02/12 10:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

To be honest I think a wooden pipe is better than a glass pipe, taste better also, dunno it is just my opinion.
But also a high grade bong with percolators and ice blocker and hash catcher will get you higher than a regular bong without all these stuff, but you can easily make a homemade percolator

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineSmokeaJoint
Smoke This and Chill...

#621161 - 05/02/12 04:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

remix said:
I only have 1 bowl and a bong. I rarely even use either. I prefer joints.

That being said... what is this magic zero-cost material your friend is making bowls out of, anyway?

He has a bong made out of a 2 liter cola bottle (plastic, ugh) with a metal bowl piece he took from an old Grafix bong and a plastic pen downstem. Ghetto style extraordinaire.

--------------------
‎The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. -  Albert Einstein

Nature is the great visible engine of creativity against which all other creative efforts are measured. - Terrance McKenna

Offlineremix
grammer natze

#621162 - 05/02/12 05:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, fuck that magic.

--------------------

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #621196 - 05/02/12 11:58 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

My first 3 years of smoking all I had was a wicked bowl piece for a bong  and used that on milk cartons, apples and shit as a pipe or gravity bong. 

When that shit broke I felt so liberated once I had a nice glace bong, much less of a hassle.

I sometimes miss my macgyver days though.

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Better pipes make for a better high? [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #621219 - 05/03/12 06:24 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hahaha, I feel that man. Part of the fun of smoking back in the day was wondering who was gonna build what kind of bong for the weekend. We had some awesome creations.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Better pipes make for a better high? [Re: RasJeph]
    #621721 - 05/07/12 09:14 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Taste and high are different to me through different methods for sure.
I love glass, anythig acrylic or metal is shitty to me.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#621725 - 05/07/12 10:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You're going to get high whether it's out of a coke bottle, apple, or a 300 dollar piece.

Getting higher from GoG, placebo.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Better pipes make for a better high? [Re: King Koopa]
    #621726 - 05/07/12 10:43 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yes you can get higher using certain types of pipes and bongs but not cause they make the weed better or crap like that. Simply put a good bong take the harshness out of the hit and lets you hold the hit in longer giving you more time to absorb thc from a hit.

Small little pipe = small little hit
Big bong with ice = big hit held in for a longer time.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineSmokeaJoint
Smoke This and Chill...

Re: Better pipes make for a better high? [Re: Magash]
    #621728 - 05/07/12 11:31 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well one must also take into account hat your cheaper pieces and especially homemade marvels could have defects in workmanship. Take a bong, there could be an air leak around the area where the stem meets the body, thereby taking oomph away from the smoker's hit. Same way for pipes I suppose. In another light, take cheap glass pipes. Usually they have small bowls and tiny carb holes. But if you pay for a nice, high quality piece of borosilicate glass, you get a huge bowl and a carb that really takes a thumb to cover. So you get a bigger hit, and you can clear the smoke into your lungs faster. IE a better high.

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#621738 - 05/07/12 12:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well yeah, that's if you're not really good at making homemade bongs. Gum is key for perfect air pressure. My friends from high school still talk about the bong i made from a powerade bottle, garcia y vega tube and hard rubber pipe for a slide. It was killer. And the size of it made for a lung damaging hit with a punch in the side.

I can compare that hit to the 2" GoG bong, with a double chamber 2 7-arm tree peculators with diffusers. Beauty, yes, but did it get me higher than my ghetto bong? That's purely anectodal, and way too many variables for an average guy like me to make a logical decision about.

Some people also say they only get high for 30-40 minutes with pieces, and hours with a blunt. Hearsay.

What holds truth is, a good hit from good weed will get you a good high.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale