Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesenorcafe
Stranger

Advice please. want a personal setup
    #610604 - 02/25/12 05:12 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

howdy alls

im wanting to pull about a pound in a cabinet type setup and beeing a noob need lots o guidance

how many plants (i know yield is hard to calculate)
size of cabinet
wattage

i have a 460 CFM hydrofarm active air inline laying around and it needs to be put to use

id like the setup to contain one moter plant, an area for seedlings/veg and then blooming

i know theres alot of plants in the drawing but i was just doing it really quick

lets start discussing:crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesenorcafe
Stranger

Re: Advice please. want a personal setup [Re: senorcafe]
    #610605 - 02/25/12 05:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

hmm now looking at it couldnt i just veg along side momma withought seperating it?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #610606 - 02/25/12 05:30 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yes you definitely could. Although one could argue that you'll want the larger space for vegging since the plants will need to get fairly large. How about cloning next to the mother and vegging up top or down below?

Are you going to be doing hydroponics? I'm having a hard time figuring out what the cylindrical things are in the flower area.

--------------------

Offlinesenorcafe
Stranger

Re: Advice please. want a personal setup [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #610616 - 02/25/12 07:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yes hydro. i just put the mother plant soil. should she be in a hydro bucket?

my main requirements are
to get a pound every 2-3 weeks perpetually
keep it low cost

whats the whole cabinet size? can you get a pound from three plants if really trained? i dnt like popcorn though!

gona go read thanks a danks
im sure ill be coming back with loads o questions

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #610617 - 02/25/12 07:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, a pound every 2-3 weeks is doable if the flowering area is about 4 feet by 12 feet and has minimum of 3000W of light in it, AND you're a proficient grower willing to spend a serious amount of time in your cab.

A pound from 3 plants on an indoor setup is definitely possible but such a waste of time that you should delete that thought from your head right now. You would need to veg for a long ass time and your veg space would need to be huge. You're going to want to shoot for about a plant per square foot in the flowering room in order to get a pound every 2-3 weeks and make it take a reasonable amount of time in the veg area.

Have you ever grown before? I'm guessing not, because this is an INCREDIBLY ambitious goal you've set, which will take a large amount of skill and a huge amount of effort.  You'll need to perfectly time when to take your cuttings, how long to veg them, which plants to move to the grow space, etc.  Just changing out the nutrient reservoirs for that many plants would give most n00bs a heart attack. You're gonna need three separate reservoirs to keep all of your flowering plants feed correctly for the different stages of flower.

Also, having one mother plant is a joke for that sort of rotation. You're going to need a couple to support that intensity of branch clippings.

I'd like to suggest that you take a step back and complete at least one successful grow with just a couple plants from seed to harvest so you're comfortable with all the stages of growth so you don't spend all this money on equipment and then miss your harvest goal by 80%.

Edit; I think it's also worth mentioning that a pound every two weeks is definitely not a personal setup.

--------------------

Offlinesenorcafe
Stranger

Re: Advice please. want a personal setup [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #610669 - 02/26/12 09:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i use to toke alot lol a pound for me and friends :wink:

yea i was waiting for the let down i like to shoot really high on projects of this sort and then not make it and then take my failure as a challenge

also throwing crazy ideas in the air creates mor informative discussion like all that juicy stuff you put in the above post

so my step back
ditch the cabinet and build just over a 4 x 5 foot "box"
one plant per square foot, and 16 plants (or 18 if i can squeeze them in)
now if i did that would it be better to do soil? 5 galloon buckets all circulating together? only rows buckets circulating together? or a big rectangular "pool" with the plants floating?

ive seen a couple grows ... i think maghash where its a closet and its just packed to the brim with headies

ive only grown bagseed (danks) twice for fun the first one was mowed down by younger brother who didnt know what it was (and it just started to flower:frown:) and then my window sill plants i had about a month ago i ate cause well i didnt want the sketch to take me down

now im on my own and its time to get serious

thanks for putting up with me noobness:thumbup:

oh yea if i went with the buckets can i squeeze more than one plant per bucket? or will the plants not produce the once then

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #610671 - 02/26/12 10:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

These are clones flowered from the day they rooted with no veg time. 4 plants per sq foot. You have a while to go before your doing this.

:wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinesenorcafe
Stranger

Re: Advice please. want a personal setup [Re: Magash]
    #610702 - 02/26/12 06:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

soo you had a biggin momma which you trained and trimmed then cloned whole individuale "branches" and geled them and they flowerd like that

:kimjongil:

mind me asking what that pulled

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #610704 - 02/26/12 07:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nah, I just cloned the branch tips.
The strain is one of my own which I bred just for SOG grows.

I pulled just over 1.5 lbs per 4x4 space. There is just over 3 lbs in the pic under 2000watts.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinesenorcafe
Stranger

Re: Advice please. want a personal setup [Re: Magash]
    #610749 - 02/27/12 02:33 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:gethigh:

oh man one day when i have the finacial means to go big
so juicy

i think for now im gon do a couple plants to just do it and then in months apon months from now ill come back andget legit

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder