Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Studio Ghibli
    #607282 - 01/29/12 05:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Anyone a fan?

Last movie I saw by them was these shape-shifting racoon-dogs who defended their habitat from human invasion using their very pronounced magical testicles. Disney actually released it here but referred to their balls as "pouches." I forget what it's called but my favorites by them are Princess Mononoke, Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland, and Spirited Away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Studio Ghibli [Re: budnectar]
    #607319 - 01/29/12 08:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

My Neighbor Totoro is my favorite. Then Spirited Away. I never got into Princess Mononoke like everyone else.

Generally I'm not into the whole anime thing, but I always give their movies a shot because they look awesome.

Actually, I was just thumbing through Game Informer with my buddy, and we were pretty baked and stopped on an anime looking page and were like "LOL WHATEVER THIS IS THEY KNOW HOW TO GET STONED PEOPLES ATTENTION" because we both instantly wanted the game. Turns out its a PS3 exclusive with the art done by  Studio Ghibli!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni_no_Kuni

Looks awesome, top of my list :]

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen

Re: Studio Ghibli [Re: RasJeph]
    #607362 - 01/29/12 09:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Cool deal lucille, I never really got into anime or videogames either but if I had a ps3, I'd probably get this game. One of my high school buddies is a big anime-head and turned me on some shit and recommendeded My Neighbor Torotoro. I can almost equate Studio Ghibli to the likes of Terry Gilliam, creative/story-wise. With as much as I've seen by them, it's safe for me to assume I won't be wasting my time watching their stuff, even if I don't crap my pants with amazement.

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
    #607366 - 01/29/12 09:37 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
My Neighbor Totoro is my favorite. Then Spirited Away. I never got into Princess Mononoke like everyone else.

Generally I'm not into the whole anime thing, but I always give their movies a shot because they look awesome.

Actually, I was just thumbing through Game Informer with my buddy, and we were pretty baked and stopped on an anime looking page and were like "LOL WHATEVER THIS IS THEY KNOW HOW TO GET STONED PEOPLES ATTENTION" because we both instantly wanted the game. Turns out its a PS3 exclusive with the art done by  Studio Ghibli!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ni_no_Kuni

Looks awesome, top of my list :]

Dude thanks for mentioning Gameinformer, I need to change my subscription address. :thumbup:

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #607424 - 01/30/12 07:08 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

budnectar said:
Cool deal lucille, I never really got into anime or videogames either but if I had a ps3, I'd probably get this game. One of my high school buddies is a big anime-head and turned me on some shit and recommendeded My Neighbor Torotoro. I can almost equate Studio Ghibli to the likes of Terry Gilliam, creative/story-wise. With as much as I've seen by them, it's safe for me to assume I won't be wasting my time watching their stuff, even if I don't crap my pants with amazement.

Yeah dood. I liked Cowboy Bebop, but thats about where my anime tastes stop.

I remember getting Spirited Away on a VHS waaaaaay back in the day from some ghetto little video rental/convenience store (Quick Stop?) and it blowing my mind haha. I had to buy it.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineMiscusi
Grade 10
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Sunnyvale Trailer Park, C... Flag
    #607443 - 01/30/12 10:53 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

budnectar said:

I remember getting Spirited Away on a VHS waaaaaay back in the day from some ghetto little video rental/convenience store (Quick Stop?) and it blowing my mind haha. I had to buy it.

Cowboy Bebop is my favorite. I, like you, don't really have  taste for anime, but Cowboy bebop is the shit man. Too bad they only made 1 movie and 27 episodes :frown:

--------------------

"You cant arrest me, im high I cant understand my rights!"

Nanook said:
" People learn differently. Some can observe and gather what they need, others need to do it and experience all the options. One of those options being: burning down a mini fridge. "

Anything posted by me related to cultivation or illegal activities is purely fictional. It is intended for educational or entertainment purposes only.

Please help support the fight for Medical Marijuana in Florida

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen

Re: Studio Ghibli [Re: Miscusi]
    #607450 - 01/30/12 11:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

budnectar said:

:lol:
I caught the last half of Princess Mononoke on Starz way back when. Even though I was a kid, I remembered I had to find it and watch it from the beginning. Same thing happened with Pink Floyd: The Wall. It was aired on MTv, and I caught the trial scene at the end with all the trippy animation. And that's how I was turned on to Pink Floyd.

Quote:

Miscusi said:
Cowboy Bebop is my favorite. I, like you, don't really have  taste for anime, but Cowboy bebop is the shit man. Too bad they only made 1 movie and 27 episodes :frown:

I'm pretty sure I've just seen the episodes, is the movie the same or a different take?

Not to mention, the episodes confused the hell outta me because I thought everyone died when they were attacked by a hostile fungus from the fridge in the holding bay?

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#607585 - 01/31/12 01:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i have Cowboy Bebop the movie and of course the show, both are sick...

and Ghibli is the shit. Grave of the Fireflies is my favorite but they are all good... i'd say my second favorite is Howl's Moving Castle (very much mythlore type stuff) and probably third is... ahhhhh, Nasica and the Valley of the Wind (a movie a spore filled, mutant filled planet with humanoids and stuff)

has anyone ever seen Barefoot Gen? it's a movie like Grave of the Fireflies about WW2... except from the perspective of Hiroshima and a young boy and his family during the event of the bomb.

RECOMMENDED
... keeping in mind that i was extremely high as fuck on Shromes, i can tell you i cried a few placement holders, at the credits, so it's a fucking good movie goddamn it! :crankey:

1984 or something, it was made. :smirk:

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen

Re: Studio Ghibli [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #607612 - 01/31/12 08:33 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

:lol: I'll have to check it out

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract