Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineboombhole
Stranger
In need of some guidance
    #601391 - 12/14/11 09:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hello fellow green thumbs. im a new grower in the need of some help. ive had one nice harvest before and im going for a second. i am growing an autoflower called Short Ryder. it germinated well, and for the first 2 weeks had alot of vigor, growing a new internode almost evry two days. now however its definitely slowed. the leafs are turning yellow, and older ones falling off and dying, a few small parts of the edge which have curled and browed. It was transplanted into the main pot after it was 1.5 weeks. The soil mix made was as follows:
-4 parts organic vermiculture
-2 parts worm castings
-1 part chicken manure
-1 part small rocks
-1 part sand
-1 part pumice stones
-2 tbsp seaweed extract in granular form
-5ml of a micronutrient solution - Zn, Fe, Mn, B
1/2 part of rock phosphate
3/4 part of ammonium nitrate
this mix was left to sit in sun for a month, watered every other day, and tilled. we tested the pH to be between 6 and 7. the water supply we have is basic, but i made a test batch of nutrients which read a 6.5.
In terms of climate, its fairly warm, around 25-30 on average (tropical climate) without any way to cool the room down. the average humidity is between 60 and 70.
Here are some pics

The first is of when it was two weeks old, healthy. the rest are the op now. along with the window fan there is a ceiling fan on full blast all the time.
please let me know if u have any ideas
Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: In need of some guidance [Re: boombhole]
    #601411 - 12/14/11 11:37 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

My guess is on nutrient deficient. Looks to me like it could use some nitrogen if I'm not mistaken. I'd await another opinion though.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Offlineboombhole
Stranger
    #601432 - 12/14/11 02:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Oh wow i completely forgot, but i also FIMed (topped) the plant about 4 days ago. at the time it had a few more leaves, and the yellowing was alot less than currently. i had read up that it may cause a halt in growth for a few days, but it seem to have stopped growing all together. Could this perhaps have had a role in whats happening?

InvisibleDrG
Male

#601695 - 12/16/11 05:52 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I would agree that there is some nutrient deficiency going on,and you should never top,or fim an auto my man!

Offlineboombhole
Stranger
Re: In need of some guidance [Re: DrG]
    #601768 - 12/16/11 06:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hey so quick update, the plant seems to be getting slightly worse, the growth has halted and the yellowing is a tad more concerning. the past 3 days i have been giving her about 1 litre of a diluted fertilizer solution i concocted, which has all of the basic and micronutrients + a little extra N. It doesnt seem to have affected the condition however. please help, i want my baby to live!
Also - Added an extra oscillating fan, and have a nice exhaust system going now to cool the room + added a few DIY dehumidifying set ups

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate