Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: magick81]
    #598040 - 11/22/11 03:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

God damn these chemdogs are getting big, lols
I had to raise the lights again this morning. A little higher and the short ducting that runs from the carbon filter to the cool-tube will need to be replaced with a longer one.

No more heat issues. When I got home with my Airconditioner on Sunday, the heat subsided about 2 hrs before that, and I've been told its going to be cold and rainy all week, lols, now im broke with an airconditioner i dont need haha, but id rather have one and not need it, then need one and not have it :laugh:

I'm planning to construct my scrog screen this weekend and start their training right after.

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Edited by magick81 (11/22/11 03:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598043 - 11/22/11 03:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

btw, now that i got my moisture meter, I find myself watering my plants every 2-3days. Every watering I have had nutes in it, although I have backed off the concentration a little. Should I be feeding with every watering? Or should I be using just plain PH'd water every now and then?

Also, I never spray my foliage. Should I start? What's the reason for it?

Cheers
MagickZXb

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
    #598105 - 11/22/11 10:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I only feed my plants once per week. This usually comes out to every 2nd or 3rd watering (I water about as often as you).

As for foliar feeding. Well thats up to you. From what I understand though is that it is mostly used for larger plants that have a hard time getting nutrients up to their upper leaves.

I could be wrong though.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: wire5]
    #598117 - 11/23/11 12:28 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah but your in soil. I know hydro systems feed 3times a day, so I'm assuming its ok to feed on every watering. It's working great for me so far

--------------------

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598118 - 11/23/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thats right you went over to coco. How is it? I'll be honest, I doubt I'll try it because after soil I think I'm going to do automated hydroponic (or possibly wicking,in which case coco and perlite is a consideration). Though I dunno, if the soil seems to turn out different than most hydro's I've tasted, (I doubt) than I might stick on it or keep a plant or two aroundn if I like it.

Sorry I forgot; I spaced. I smoked some really nice purple w/ kief. mmmmmmm....

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: wire5]
    #598120 - 11/23/11 12:52 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

What's keif?

-=Update=-
Awesome. It's been less than 24 hours since I planted them in the coco and the CriticalJacks have already broken the surface! I can't believe it, as my chemdogs took a few days before they sprouted.

I'll probably put them into the tent starting tomorrow.
I'm getting a good feeling about these, since they are developing much quicker than my other plants.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/23/11 01:55 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598132 - 11/23/11 06:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

-=Photo Update Time!=-

Plant 2 looks as if it has fully recovered from the heatstress. Plants 4&5 look a little worse for wear though. I'll just run with it, and see where they take me.

--------------------

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #598145 - 11/23/11 07:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

looking good man!

:thumbup:

--------------------
My Tombstone will read: IwasburiedfacedownsoucanallkissmyA$$
my current grow

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: HempMaster]
    #598171 - 11/23/11 11:18 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Man those puppies will fill the screen like no ones business. How far up are you going to hang your screen (how tall are your plants now as well?)

I've found the lower tend to look like hell very easily.

Also kief is another name for trichromes. Usually when refering to what gets knocked off and collected by a grinder with a screen. Essentially unpressed hash.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598274 - 11/24/11 03:29 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

-=AutoCriticalJack.Update=-

The sprouts are now completely upright, ACJ#2 has dropped its seed pod.
I put them into the tent today to start their life under the 400w HPS.
In order to get them to the correct height so they are closer to the light, I put a plastic stool in there for them to sit on.

-=Pics=-

Wire5: I'm not sure how high I'm gonna have the screen, I was just planning to put the screen over it this weekend at the height the plants are at right now. So all growth from now will be sideways hopefully. Or should I have the screen higher or lower?

As for their height, I'm not sure. Being as the plants are kept on the floor, when i look at em i only see a canopy as in the group shot, lol, im not really paying attention to its height, I reckon they are over one ft tall now though.

I got a friend who wants me to sell them one of my plants. I told me i might get rid of the sick ones and hes willing to pay for it, as long as he can harvest some smoke for himself, lols,what do you think is a fair price to pay for one of my plants that look like hell (plant 4 or 5). To be honest I'll probably keep them all anyways, but i'm jest curious. I have never heard of any asking to buy a plant still in veg, that is known to have issues all ready lols

On the seeds quest, I just placed my first ever order with sannies. I couldn't decide what i wanted, and was contemplating Herijuana, New Blue Diesel and Jack Herer. But I ended up getting The Killing Fields F3's. I saw some bud pics and the purple pheno's look amazing. I don't have any purple plants so it was a no brainer. Also, I don't have any sativa's, so it will be nice to add to the mix.

I can't wait to grow these out. After I get more experience I might try my hand at breeding my own seeds. I am thinking of crossing the Killing Fields (purple pheno) with the heavy duty fruitys from TH Seeds.I'm just imagining how sweet that combo would be :laugh:

Just in regards to breeding, instead of breeding with a whole plant, I was wondering if I can just take a clone, veg it for a couple weeks so its still small, then flower and pollinate that small clone only. Will that be enough? Or should I breed a full size plant?

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/24/11 04:48 AM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

#598277 - 11/24/11 06:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Just in regards to breeding, instead of breeding with a whole plant, I was wondering if I can just take a clone, veg it for a couple weeks so its still small, then flower and pollinate that small clone only. Will that be enough? Or should I breed a full size plant?

nice update man :grin:
as for breeding, you can actually seed a single bud on a plant, just flower a male plant, and when the pollen sacs appear cut a few off and save them to use to pollinate a flower on whatever plant you want. Just throw'em into the fridge or freezer and when u want to seed a bud, get a cue tip and collect some pollen and just rub it on a bud and presto you've seeded it. Obviously u do want to be careful though when doing it. On the topic of seeding i've been reading that with femmed seeds if you flower them too long they seed themselves, this happened to me in my last grow. i nvr saw a single male pollen sac on my plants but obviously a couple plants developed them at the end of flower since a few plants ended up with a few seeds..the only good thing about this from what i have read is that those seeds will be femmed. should have kept them..o well, after this grow i'm not using femmed seeds again. gonna stick with a regular sexed out mom for cloning.

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598279 - 11/24/11 07:24 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks hemp master. The killing fields and heavy duty fruity seeds I got are regular, not femmed, so I shouldn't have any problems with it.
As for seeding just one bud, the thought of bringing the pollen into my growroom makes me a little nervous, lol. I'd rather just take a clone, then flower & pollinate the clone after I finish all my other plants haha. Theoretically, the genetics should be exactly the same as the donor plant. That way, after sampling the buds I can select the genetics I want to use, and there will be absolutely no risk of accidentally seeding my buds.

Also, just another question on genetics/breeding. What's the difference between the sexes when crossing. For example, will crossing a killing fields mother and heavy duty fruity father produce the same results as crossing a heavy duty fruity mother with a killing feilds father. Will it make any difference? How do u select which strain is to be used as a mother and which strain to be used as a father? Are there any guidelines? Or are the genetics as dicey and unpredictable when 2 people mate and create offspring.
For example, me and my brother both came from the same parents, but while I am extremely good looking and handsome, my brother looks like he was beaten with an ugly stick! Lols. J/k u know what I mean haha

Cheers
-=MaGickZx=-

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/24/11 07:41 AM)

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: magick81] * 1
    #598329 - 11/24/11 02:54 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

magick81 said:
Also, just another question on genetics/breeding. What's the difference between the sexes when crossing. For example, will crossing a killing fields mother and heavy duty fruity father produce the same results as crossing a heavy duty fruity mother with a killing feilds father. Will it make any difference? How do u select which strain is to be used as a mother and which strain to be used as a father? Are there any guidelines? Or are the genetics as dicey and unpredictable when 2 people mate and create offspring.
For example, me and my brother both came from the same parents, but while I am extremely good looking and handsome, my brother looks like he was beaten with an ugly stick! Lols. J/k u know what I mean haha

Cheers
-=MaGickZx=-

I haven't done alot of breeding, but i would assume its just as much a roll of the dice as human breeding lol, but there must be more too it than that since professional breeders seem to be able to get the best traits from both strains...though this could be, and i would think it is, mainly trial and error... from what i know it can take years of selective breeding to produce a stable hybrid... either way i'm sure you'll enjoy trying! :grin:

--------------------
my current grow

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

#598400 - 11/25/11 01:47 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I personally put my screen so that it bent the top maybe an inch or so (it did require twist ties on some of them). Actually what I really did was adjust it until about 40% (which quickly became like 75%+ b/c of the males) of the screen was filled. I remember reading that for best results with screen you should have 30%-50% filled before flowering. Sadly I don't remember which of the many sites it originated. Now I just plop one node in one hole. Works out nice.

--------------------

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598401 - 11/25/11 01:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I went back to sannies and ordered a Jackberry also, lols, this thing is like another addiction, haha.
The mrs is gonna kill me when our statement comes in lols. I couldn't help it. The flowers look so pretty and delicious. I know I already just bought the Killing Fields seeds, but they're a sativa, and i prefer indica high, so i need a purple indica, lols

I know she wont understand though lols.
Now I think i have too many seeds i dont know which ones i want to grow first, baaaah! I know I can grow just one or two of each, but i don't think i am experienced enough to cater for so many different strains in one grow. Maybe I need another grow room, lols, jk, the mrs would divorce me, haha

At least I think i am set for many grows to last me quite a while. I'll probably just purchase every now and then when something catches my fancy or when there are really good specials/promo's/freebies.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/25/11 01:54 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598404 - 11/25/11 04:10 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was planning to build my scrog screen tomorrow, but i've been called into work for overtime, so it'll have to wait. How long after putting the screen on should you flip?

How long will it take to train the plants into the screen before i can flip?

They are starting to get big, so i was thinking of maybe just flipping without a screen for this time. Work is hectic due to the christmas rush, maybe i should just flower these, then scrog my next grow when i can spend more time, pay more attention to, and have more energy to look after them better. Just wondering how much a scrog affects the yield. If the increase in yield is less than 20%, i might just give it a miss and flip it how it is.

These days, I'm asleep in bed about 3 hrs after i get home, what a sad life, lol,

I do rush home to see my plants though, haha, its so far been one of the most rewarding hobbies so far and i haven't even harvested, the feeling of acomplishment is a nice ego boost. Anyways, enough about me, I'm getting tired. Gonna crawl into bed, and read some more grow journals until the sandman takes my hand, were off to neverneverland :headbanger: .

G'nite guys :smile:

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/25/11 04:28 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598518 - 11/26/11 08:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I decided to flip my chemdogs. Today is their first day of 12/12.
The hot weather has returned and with the official start of summer only a few days away its probably the smart thing to do. I'm away at work during the hottest hours when the aircon needs to be on, and at 3300w I don't wanna even think about how much it will add to the powerbill. Lights will be on from 9pm-9am to avoid heat issues. So the lights should switch off at 9am for their first day of flowering :laugh: Also I got my 10x magnification jewellew loupe and cant wait to inspect the buds trichomes at close range, EXCITING!

I'm just agonizing on wether to add a scrog to them, can a screen be added right at the start of flowering, as i have read that she stretches quite a bit during flowering.
How will the flip affect my auto critical jack? With 12/12 she will probably grow slower compared to 18/6, right? I'm thinkin of putting these plants outside during the day for some sun. Being auto's the more hours of light, the better, right?
Also, i see one of the seedlings flapping around in the fan lol. i tried to put it in a less windy spot but didnt have much luck so i topped the coco up. As she is the bigger one of the 2, so i'd hate to do wrong by her. She is stretchy as hell though compared to her little sister!

Anyways, being new to flowering, has anyone got any tips for me? I know that my tent has no light leaks. Even during the day, the inside of the tent is hella dark, what else do i need to look out for?

Cheers
MagickZx

Edited by magick81 (11/26/11 08:36 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

#598523 - 11/26/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Also, these forums seem so dead these days, lol

I've moved my main MJ forum home to THCFarmer, and also registered at overgrow.
I will still update my grow journal regularly, I'll just spend more of my time on the other sites until thing pick up around here.

Cheers
MagickzX

--------------------

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#598639 - 11/26/11 11:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I agree!  Dead around here these days....  I was thinking about going to a different forum also.

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Re: Indoor 400w HPS Soil - Chemdog (Greenhouse seeds) [Re: phrostbyte]
    #598640 - 11/26/11 11:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've joined 3 new ones:
www.thcfarmer.com
www.marijuanapassion.com
www.opengrow.com (still waiting for a mod to approve my membership so I can post, grrr) this is the associated forum for sannies seeds and webshop, can't wait to get started in there.

I'll still update this forum regularly as there are still a few active posters, but I will turn to the other forums for help, as my plants may be dead before I get an answer here lols, it's nothing personal.
Seeing as everything happens so much quicker with hydro, I can't afford to take that risk.

--------------------

Edited by magick81 (11/26/11 11:35 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order