Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAudio Phoenix
Higher Primate

Strain selection, how important?
    #596389 - 11/10/11 12:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

A letter from a friend who is interested in growing legally for medical MJ
Quote:

Hey, I was wondering what the importance of strain is when selecting seeds. I know there are hundreds of varieties and I am kind of overwhelmed at the choices.

I am growing for myself and I like weed that is thought provoking and mellow, not that shit that will knock me out on the couch all day. Also I am a first time grower so something that is not too difficult would be ideal.

I am looking through this page http://www.sensibleseeds.com/cannabis-marijuana-hemp-seeds.html

Am I ok to just select whatever? I really have no idea. I am looking for either suggestions or maybe a place to read up on it?

Thanks in advance

--------------------

:smoking:My Setup:smoking:              :mushroom2:My First experience with psychedelics:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealjeezzy
killa
 User Gallery

Loc: east 10
Re: Strain selection, how important? [Re: Audio Phoenix]
    #596399 - 11/10/11 04:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

mostly sativa will be a "clean your whole house""energy hi" and indica will be a "take a shower and fall asleep" kinda hi. tell your friend to buy some bud locally that has seeds in it. tell him/her what a healthy seeds looks like. ten out of ten times $60-100/onion trees are usually from mexico and will be sativa, producing skunky lemony nug and has nice high survival rate genetics that will be good for a beginner. if they wanna pay $5 a seed and get um off the internet let um, but keep in mind that mexican bud has seeds in it for a reason. the reason being propigation for individuals you can't get a legal job in the united states but still wanna feed there family. being a farmer is the most respected professon

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #596409 - 11/10/11 07:12 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

First I determine what I want - sativa or indica. Sativa is uppy, indica is sleepy. There are plenty of very good crosses as well, but I try to grow plants that are pureish in either direction so I know what I'm getting...at least at first.

Then I look at the flowering time.

Then I look around the internet at peoples grow logs and reviews.

Price also plays a big factor for me.

I suggest checking out Chronic. I had great results with that.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #596446 - 11/10/11 10:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Audio Phoenix said:
A letter from a friend who is interested in growing legally for medical MJ
Quote:

Hey, I was wondering what the importance of strain is when selecting seeds. I know there are hundreds of varieties and I am kind of overwhelmed at the choices.

I am growing for myself and I like weed that is thought provoking and mellow, not that shit that will knock me out on the couch all day. Also I am a first time grower so something that is not too difficult would be ideal.

I am looking through this page http://www.sensibleseeds.com/cannabis-marijuana-hemp-seeds.html

Am I ok to just select whatever? I really have no idea. I am looking for either suggestions or maybe a place to read up on it?

Thanks in advance

Tell him to read carefully the descriptions of the seeds.
Sounds like he's looking for something with a social high, short to medium height, short to medium flowering time such as 8 to 10 weeks, and most important for a new grow look for easy to grow and very forgiving.

I feel he'd be happy with about any strain that falls into those guidelines.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineAudio Phoenix
Higher Primate

Re: Strain selection, how important? [Re: Stoneth]
    #596476 - 11/10/11 04:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks guys, reading what you said made sense.

My FOAF in interested in selecting Kali Mist, mostly because it's the high he is looking for but also because he has read it is a somewhat forgiving strain. If you have any comments on this strain I would love to hear it.

Also, my friend is looking for help setting up his grow rooms if anyone has any advice I made a thread about it here

--------------------

:smoking:My Setup:smoking:              :mushroom2:My First experience with psychedelics:mushroom2:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #596493 - 11/10/11 07:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Pretty sure Fractal(l)ife gets that strain, might wanna shoot him a PM.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds