Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesidewayz
Stranger
 User Gallery

expert advise plz
    #594092 - 10/25/11 11:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Im new to indoor growing and been using miracle grow soil first hand it sucks leaves are curled and leaves new growth is lime green then curls.... im growing in a 5gal bucket im going to get better soil with out nutes can i be able to transplant my plant to new soil ????? Without killing it? Plus tje plant is 18inches tall looking for the rite advise all help will be grateful thanks Noob Goober

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: expert advise plz [Re: sidewayz]
    #594098 - 10/25/11 01:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I would assume you could do it fairly easily. Now mind you I've never done it with an herb plant; however I have transplanted much bigger plants with no problems (my dad owns a 6 foot tall cactus, thank god the old bottom growth tends to loose needles), I mean think about nurseries having to transplant trees and large shrubs and what not.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #594099 - 10/25/11 01:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I just finished reading a thread over at the IC forums of someone who revegges and chops off about 1/3 of the roots when he does that. And has success.

So, if you just want to lift up the plant and GENTLY shake/wash the soil off, yes, I'm sure it will be able to handle it. Provided you do it gently enough and don't flower right away. It will probably "shock" the plant a little bit (see: stress) but transplanting and removing dirt from the roots is very possible.

Edit: Its not soil "without nutes", what you want is soil with more suitable nutes. I suggest Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Roots Organic (I think the RO is cheaper than the FFOF in cubic feet per dollar ratio but works equally as well).

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinesidewayz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: expert advise plz [Re: RasJeph]
    #594108 - 10/25/11 02:09 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the info i have learned a very good lesson i did put in flowering 7 days ago show im going tomorrow to get the right type of soil and from there on i will no longer use miracle grow soil im going to have to be care when transplanting get most of the crap spil off and run water through the roots then plant in new soil i did read about the roots organic poke holes in the bottom ofthe bag amd plant next grow i will try it for sure and with ocean forest soil in a dfifferent container and see whicj one i seems to work best.... wat type of nutes is good and should i use that clearx stuff first???? Th

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#594184 - 10/26/11 08:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Fox Farm nutes are pretty tried and true.

And I'm not sure what clearx is, so I can't comment on that :tongue2:

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #594185 - 10/26/11 08:45 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Fairly sure Clearex is just EDTA and similar chelating compounds to help put excess nutrients into solution so they flush out of the medium.

Probably great for preharvest flushing flushing. As in if you're flushing mid flower or veg because of nutrient build up then this product would work great assuming it is what I think it is. However you probably don't want those same chelating compounds in your final flush right before harvesting.(Ideally)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: expert advise plz [Re: maryanne3087]
    #594197 - 10/26/11 10:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I was considering picking up some kind of flushing aide next time I went to the hydro store. If its cheap enough and I can find a little bottle I might pick it up to give it a shot.

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #594227 - 10/26/11 01:33 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I myself am curious as to how useful a product like that can be. I don't ever run into problems requiring emergency flushing however I once watered a plant with 1400ppm nutrients for a while to see how it would react and the medium became very acidic and had quite a bit of nutrients stored within (from nutrient solution evaporating) which was apparent when testing the run off. Even using 200 ppm nutrient solution should be better than using plain water when flushing to fix problems described above because that 200 ppm nutrient solution contains chelating agents and the nutrient strength would not contribute to your problem. I've heard about a few people using dilute nutrients to make flushing more effective for this reason I believe a product with just chelating agents and water would be great for flushing.

Offlinesidewayz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: expert advise plz [Re: maryanne3087]
    #594462 - 10/28/11 04:39 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah that makes sinse i had been givin lil nutes to start with but its still leaves curlin i did get doen to the hydro store and boy did they give me the truth about miracle grow soil and its nutes that its the lazy man soil cuz all it does is keep the plants alive with the nutes they said that you can build up that soil with manure and worm casting to make the plant actually thrive but it i think he knew wat i was talkin about growing and got some roots organic and foxfarm soils to try they have so great deals on lighting equipement but bulbs come to find out 9 days in flowering and i see some balls so im going to start fresh with new seeds... the clearx is a solution to get rid of salt build up i did read on flushing thou and a 5gal bucket will take at lest 10gals to flush cuz it 2times the volume of soil if that sounds rite.. next week i will watch and then if it is really a male it gone and burned could be hermy thou jus gona see thou......

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#594466 - 10/28/11 05:37 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sidewayz said:i think he knew wat i was talkin about growing

If they run a hydro store, odds are they know exactly what you're growing.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #594518 - 10/28/11 03:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
I myself am curious as to how useful a product like that can be. I don't ever run into problems requiring emergency flushing however I once watered a plant with 1400ppm nutrients for a while to see how it would react and the medium became very acidic and had quite a bit of nutrients stored within (from nutrient solution evaporating) which was apparent when testing the run off. Even using 200 ppm nutrient solution should be better than using plain water when flushing to fix problems described above because that 200 ppm nutrient solution contains chelating agents and the nutrient strength would not contribute to your problem. I've heard about a few people using dilute nutrients to make flushing more effective for this reason I believe a product with just chelating agents and water would be great for flushing.

Quote:

sidewayz said:
Yeah that makes sinse i had been givin lil nutes to start with but its still leaves curlin i did get doen to the hydro store and boy did they give me the truth about miracle grow soil and its nutes that its the lazy man soil cuz all it does is keep the plants alive with the nutes they said that you can build up that soil with manure and worm casting to make the plant actually thrive but it i think he knew wat i was talkin about growing and got some roots organic and foxfarm soils to try they have so great deals on lighting equipement but bulbs come to find out 9 days in flowering and i see some balls so im going to start fresh with new seeds... the clearx is a solution to get rid of salt build up i did read on flushing thou and a 5gal bucket will take at lest 10gals to flush cuz it 2times the volume of soil if that sounds rite.. next week i will watch and then if it is really a male it gone and burned could be hermy thou jus gona see thou......

Have they stopped teaching people punctuation in school??

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate