Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

Ventilation System
    #590983 - 10/07/11 10:22 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys anyone able to direct me to a guide to build a ventilation system.
Im putting together my grow room its in a spare basement room that has one door and one small basement window with a window well outside of it.
I have a air tiger (ozone generator)  but  I need air flow inside the grow room to bring fresh air in an push the other air out into / around the air tiger. Idek kno where to begin to set up a ventilation system so any help would be awesome.
Looking for semi-cheap set up

--------------------
Disclaimer:  Anything I post is purely for entertainment purposes and is completely fictional made up scenarios using information and pictures retrieved from other people.  I am by no means taking part in any activities displayed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

Re: Ventilation System [Re: JusTsHroomiNn]
    #591277 - 10/09/11 12:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone? any kno of any teks?

--------------------
Disclaimer:  Anything I post is purely for entertainment purposes and is completely fictional made up scenarios using information and pictures retrieved from other people.  I am by no means taking part in any activities displayed.

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#591418 - 10/10/11 09:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Pics or a diagram would help.  Not sure exactly what your trying to do here from what you wrote.

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

Re: Ventilation System [Re: phrostbyte]
    #591445 - 10/10/11 01:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Just lookin for a tek on how to build a ventilation system for my grow room.
And was just adding in I have a air tiger for odor control

--------------------

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

#591612 - 10/11/11 10:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Does no one know of a tek for this at all? Cant find anything in search for this...

--------------------

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

#591628 - 10/11/11 12:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

most people just buy a duct fan and have it blow out to where ever they want it to with duct tubing.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Ventilation System [Re: phrostbyte]
    #591743 - 10/12/11 09:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

phrostbyte said:
most people just buy a duct fan and have it blow out to where ever they want it to with duct tubing.

This is what I was going to say. Gets some flexible vent tubing and put ventilation where you need it and how you need it using duct tape.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

Re: Ventilation System [Re: wire5]
    #591782 - 10/12/11 01:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So just buy a duct fan put it in the wall where I want it exiting then use duct tubing to put it in the room where I want it?
What about using a carbon filter where does that come in then?

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #591957 - 10/13/11 06:42 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You'll want the filter inside the room at the intake end of the ventilation tube. The most efficient way to use it is to pull the air through the filter.

You don't always have to start with the filter right away though. I went for 2 months without using mine to start with. Its really strain dependant, but a lot don't have much of a smell during the veg cycle. This can help save on cash if you're on a budget.

Although you mentioned you have an "air tiger"? That's an ionizer, or ozone generator, isn't it? I believe that those go in a section of the ducting...? Lol. I'm not too familiar with them, but that's my 2ยข.

--------------------
My best run so far

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ventilation System [Re: JusTsHroomiNn] * 1
    #592056 - 10/13/11 05:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

There's many ways of setting up your ventilation system.

One way which I've done before is unhinging the door and making a air/light tight mock door. I had the top 15 inches or so of the door utilized for mounting my intake fan which was done by mounting a section of plywood with an area cut out for the fan's placement. I screwed this directly into the door frame. I had a thick light tight plastic tarp I used as a mock door which hung down from under the fan area stapled to one side of the door frame with velcro on the opposite side and along the top where it connected to the fan board area. The bottom was about a foot or so longer than the floor so I could make sure it contacted the floor and then some. For a safety measure I made a second mock door to make sure things were light tight but it wasn't necessary.

So if you used this method making a mock door and placing your intake fan under the door frame you would have you intake issue taken care of along with the possibility of having to light proof your door which is very commonly needed. Once that is addressed. This could look something like having a couple air cooled hoods connected together with ducting and having an exhaust fan near the window pulling air through them and out the window. The ozone generator should be placed on a shelf high in the room preferably on the opposite side of the exhaust or possibly between the intake and exhaust. If this particular unit doesn't have a built in fan a small personal fan could be placed next to it or perhaps a computer fan. The ozone is heavier than air so it will fall towards the ground which is why it's best to place it as high as possible. If your room has decent circulation via oscillating fans that should be more than enough to move the ozone around the room to make it effective in neutralizing odor.

Also, depending on the amount of ozone your unit makes you may want to have it on 15mins and off 45minutes so that ozone isn't present in toxic levels basically at the point where you can smell as if it were covering odors is when you probably want less. Ideally for an ozone odor controlled room I'd want the intake and exhaust for the lightning to be excluded from the intake and exhaust for the room it's self and I'd have the exhaust and ozone on a timer if possible. Perhaps 15mins on for the ozone and 5 minutes into dispersing the ozone the exhaust fan kicks on for 30minutes then after that 15 minutes later the ozone kicks on again, etc etc. Just to make sure the ozone is being used effectively. If I wanted to run the ozone constantly I'd like to just use it in the exhaust and not expose my plants and myself to it.

You'll need to do your own research as I don't know off hand but the Ozone generating bulbs also create other substances that are harmful to plants and humans. How harmful? I don't know.

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

Re: Ventilation System [Re: maryanne3087]
    #592451 - 10/16/11 03:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

okay, So we decided to just go with a carbon filter.
Im going to be using 6" ducting.
The fan is a 250cfm duct fan.
The room the plants will be sitting is about 10x8 with probably 8' ceiling.
Only part of that room is going to be using for Jane.
The area they will be in is more around 8x3.
Is that a big enough exhaust fan for that area?
How big of a carbon filter do I need for that area? 
Anyone have any links to where to get my hands on one (besides going to my local grow shop idk whats the best prices).
I have another fan that will just be circulating air in the room constantly on low.
Am I suppose to have another fan bringing in air from a open window or something.

If I understand this correctly I can put my exhaust fan in the wall where I want it to go. (into a different area of the basement)
Attach the ducting to it on the inside of the room mount it up an on to the ceiling attach the carbon filter to the end, then mount that.
Put time on my fan power it up an set it and forget it?

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
    #592468 - 10/16/11 05:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You need more air circulation for that size of a room unless you make the room hold less volume (put up walls or build an enclosure).

The room is 640 cubic feet and you need to remove about 450-500 cubic feet of that every 1-3 minutes depending on the temp/humidity of your intake. Most people agree you want to remove 70% every minute to optimize your room, you can get by with less (depending).

OfflineJusTsHroomiNn
StrangerDanger

Re: Ventilation System [Re: maryanne3087]
    #592471 - 10/16/11 06:20 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

There will be a make-shift wall getting put up for that area then another enclosure made for the mother.
I also use the room for mushies :mushroom2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom