Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Re: damn heroin, need some support. [Re: Picklez]
    #587861 - 09/21/11 08:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, but I'm not high from the percs and vikes. Yeah, I'm not really 'clean', but I'm
sober with the help of drugs..

I've been putting off school work, so now I have a load of shit I have to do; all due
around the same time too, so I gotta get crackin' on that. I've already started, and I'm here taking a break.

The problem for me is I undergo a major existential nihilistic perspective on thangs, and
become depressed. I think it's because of the benzo's I'm prescribed, and the lack of
opiates too, or maybe that's just how life is sometimes. But as soon as I took the opiates I
felt 'normal' again, and felt like my work actually 'mattered', even if it doesn't in the
grand scheme of things.

I think I might need to start hitting the DMT again, since that has helped me stay away from
addictive drugs before.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: damn heroin, need some support. [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #587880 - 09/21/11 09:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

spoken like a true addict... come on dude. get your shit together. If I can, anyone can.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

#587943 - 09/22/11 07:46 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Not really, I was prescribed the percs and hydros to ween off opiates. The problem is, I
abused the percs. But now I'm taking it seriously, and using the hydros to ease the w/d.

I know I'm an addict, but I'm not going cold-turkey, because I can't afford to, especially
when I have classes everyday of the week.

You wouldn't say someone who takes methadone or suboxone that they aren't clean or sober for
taking their prescribed medication; medication used in order to stay clean and sober.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#587950 - 09/22/11 08:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:

You wouldn't say someone who takes methadone or suboxone that they aren't clean or sober for
taking their prescribed medication

Sure I would.  It's the ol' switcheroo. Sure they may not be banging dope, but their brain is still yearning for those opioids and they are far from sober.  Just because you take prescribed meds doesn't mean you are clean.

Quote:

I_AM_SWIM said:
Not really, I was prescribed the percs and hydros to ween off opiates. The problem is, I

Well what a shitty doctor. What doctor prescribes an addict abusable drugs?  I can understand if you had to go in everyday like with a 'done clinic.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: damn heroin, need some support. [Re: Tangerines]
    #587955 - 09/22/11 08:17 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

meh whatever, poid

u guize (poids) just make me want to start banging dilaudid cuz of the petty arguin'

j/k

but still, I feel sorry if you guys have to argue over silly shit that has nothing to do
with you. You don't know my doctor, or my situation, so stop trying to win arguments for the
sake of NOTHING.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Edited by I_AM_SWIM (09/22/11 08:25 AM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #587957 - 09/22/11 08:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No one is saying you aren't making progress, but to call yourself "sober" is dishonest if you are still on opiates regularly.

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #587972 - 09/22/11 11:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The real w/d's dont start til you have no opiates in your system.

My past 4 days have been absolute hell. Think ive got about 2 hours of sleep each night

You got the weekend coming up, you should use that time to get your mind right. I am looking forward to hopefully feeling good by Monday. That'd be 7 days for me

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: damn heroin, need some support. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #587980 - 09/22/11 12:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
No one is saying you aren't making progress, but to call yourself "sober" is dishonest if you are still on opiates regularly.

The justification prowess of the modern day junkie knows no bounds. A junkie would justify fucking their dead, rotting mother if it got them another hit.

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: damn heroin, need some support. [Re: Tangerines]
    #587981 - 09/22/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:lol::yesnod:

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: damn heroin, need some support. [Re: DungenessDank]
    #588006 - 09/22/11 01:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:

I'm not on them regularly

I took 3 days off of them completely, and once I started feeling the start of w/d's i took a 5mg hydrocodone.

I took them 4 times within the day. about 1 every 4-6 hours.
That's 20mg. And it produces no high for me, because I usually go through 200mg a day with hydrocodone.

If a drug doesn't get me high, then does that make me high or sober?

Yeah, I agree that i'm not 'clean', but i wouldn't say that I'm not sober either.

Either way, this all ends into the debate of semantics, and if any of you really want to take it to that level, go right ahead, I won't participate.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #588029 - 09/22/11 02:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I wasnt trying to ball bust but as someone who is going through w/d's and recovering, I would consider it still using if I was using ANY opiate. Including synthetics like Suboxone.

Got to say, I am finally starting to feel better today even though I still am not sleeping. Maybe tonight?

OfflineKeats
Stranger

#588114 - 09/22/11 11:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So far so good my friend. Get through tomorrow and have a good time out of town this weekend. Keep it up :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order