Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Going to be Growing
    #579770 - 08/21/11 02:32 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:super:I hope this is in the right section, if not please move it.

Well, by around 4:20pm on Tuesday I will be acmedical marijuana patient and can possess up to 2.5 ounces, grow 12 plants, and smoke/buy as much cannabis as I want.

I want to start growing within the next couple months, give or take.
How should I start the process?

I live in the burbs' in a nice, good sized home.

It's gonna be an indoor grow. How many plants should I start with? At first it will just be for me but eventually I may start growing for others.

How much will the cost for set up, seeds, equipment, nutes, food ect. be?

How much will the added bill on the electricity be?

Should I try an autoflower strain first or not?

How smelly is this gonna be?:lol:

I love you. Thanks. :happyweed:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewrestler_az
Male

Loc: behind you
Re: Going to be Growing [Re: FRACTALife]
    #579773 - 08/21/11 03:15 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

get this book

http://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Horticulture-Outdoor-Medical-Growers/dp/product-description/187882323X

read it a couple times.

this is the best advice i can give, as im pretty new to growing as well. but that book will answer a lot of your questions.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Going to be Growing [Re: wrestler_az]
    #579777 - 08/21/11 03:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

get this book

http://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Horticulture-Outdoor-Medical-Growers/dp/product-description/187882323X

read it a couple times.

this is the best advice i can give, as im pretty new to growing as well. but that book will answer a lot of your questions.

I 2nd this!  This book or another.

It is not that hard to get 2.5 ounces so you should be able to start small with not too much cost.  What kind of money do you have to work with?

You are going to want at least 2 spaces.  Veg space and a flower space.

Electric bill should not go up much at all with a small grow

I would not start with an autoflower, but I would start with an indica or faster finishing hybrid.

Smell depends on the strain.

GOOD LUCK!

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Going to be Growing [Re: muse42]
    #579784 - 08/21/11 04:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

A hybrid sounds good.
the 2.5 ounces don't include plants I am growing
also if I can smoke it, I can buy as much bud as I want
the rule basically means I can't have more than 2.5 ounces on me that I am planning to smoke

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #579785 - 08/21/11 04:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

When it comes to how much to grow I tend to do the limit. Who knows maybe a little more at times. :evil:

As far as power used that all depends on how you decide to grow. What lights. Hydro or soil. Yadda yadda yadda. These are decisions you need to answer. Once you decide those it will be easier to help ya. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Going to be Growing [Re: Magash]
    #579857 - 08/21/11 12:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What should I choose?
What are the benefits of different techniques, equipment, types of growing?

--------------------

OfflineCaptain Caveman
Some Guy

Loc: My Cave
    #579861 - 08/21/11 01:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
What should I choose?
What are the benefits of different techniques, equipment, types of growing?

Your personal preference and your wallet will determine in large part how you grow. Don't get fooled by marketing and buy stuff that claims bigger faster harvest.:2cents:

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, only then will the world know peace. :peace:

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Going to be Growing [Re: Captain Caveman]
    #579893 - 08/21/11 02:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks guys. I'm going to go head out to Borders to buy a book on growing or two for a great deal.

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #579956 - 08/21/11 06:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This is good to hear.

Can't wait for that 1st grow log.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Going to be Growing [Re: KaptKid]
    #580039 - 08/22/11 12:48 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Me too!
I did a little reading. Looks like all together for my first grow it may put me back 500 dollars, sound about right?

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #580206 - 08/22/11 05:44 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know about $500... it kinda depends on if you can get used equipment or not, and if you're doing soil or hydro, and a few other things, too... My girl and I have a 4x4 tent and a 1k light, and with everything so far, we're over $2,000 into the grow just for equipment and nutes used (those tend to get pricey...).

Granted, we have made about half that back already by donating clones and mothers to patients and dispensaries, but I doubt you're trying to start pumping out a crap load of clones like we were though! Haha. If you do, however, there's a decent market for good clones and "ready to flower" plants, which could help you recoup some of your expenditures.

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
Re: Going to be Growing [Re: Tank333]
    #580226 - 08/22/11 07:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Okay you will need an HPS light for indoor growing dont use any other light HPS is best. Since you have a limit on the amount you are growing get a 400W or 600W HPS. The latter would produce bigger buds. Next get a tent or a closet space with NO LIGHT LEAKS this is very important.If usig a tent skip this next step if not get some plastic on the bottom of the floor you dont want mold growing from the water. Next decide on soil or hydro personally i like soil its more natural in my opinion. You will need a carbon filter this gets rid of the smells and cleans the air so its good for the plant and you. Get a 6" or 8"... Get a cooltube for your light and hook up the carbon filter with ducting to run through you light and in your growing space and out of the growing space into an adjacent room. ummmmm.... decide what your going to grow.. since your amedical marijuana user try  a MM strainn somehting more indica dominant.. you can grow autos they will produce faster harvests however its not neceesary cuz once your start growing under 20 hours of light or 18 and switch back to 12/12 it will start to flower. honestly autos are not as good as reg plants in quality since they have rudelis in them which decreases potency... now also grow in 3 gallon buckets if using soil.. get a timer for your light its a pain in the ass to have to turn it onn and off all the time.. get a fan in the room to help hardern the stalks.. let it grow... water when needed ususally every 2 or 3 days indoors under 18 hours of light.. use fox farm ocean forect soil and fox farm nutes..... do this and youll ahve some killlllllaaa bud. oh yeah get the cannabis grow bible ... it will answer most of your questions that i have not.. growing is really not that hard its growing that good stuff that takes a little experience.... and always remember outdoor bud is always better PERIOD. it just tastes better and produces more so go for a hike and find a nice spot ya dig?

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Going to be Growing [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #580343 - 08/23/11 10:39 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Honestly as a newbie, I'd focus on getting a few good seeds, some nice nutes and a cheapish light. Grow in soil, just a few plants, 2 or 3. I've grown autoflowers and I'd suggest that as a first timer just so you can see how plants develop. I'd also suggest soil, just because its easier to work with imo.

My first few grows I fucked up quite a bit, and its nice to keep your investment to a minimum until you know how to maximize it, then step it up and go nuts :thumbup:

Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery

Re: Going to be Growing [Re: Tank333]
    #580394 - 08/23/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
I don't know about $500... it kinda depends on if you can get used equipment or not, and if you're doing soil or hydro, and a few other things, too... My girl and I have a 4x4 tent and a 1k light, and with everything so far, we're over $2,000 into the grow just for equipment and nutes used (those tend to get pricey...).

Granted, we have made about half that back already by donating clones and mothers to patients and dispensaries, but I doubt you're trying to start pumping out a crap load of clones like we were though! Haha. If you do, however, there's a decent market for good clones and "ready to flower" plants, which could help you recoup some of your expenditures.

See and this is a perfect example of getting stuff new/used/etc etc. I have an 8X4 tent and a 1000 watt hps that I bought both for under 400 bucks. And its a good secret jardin tent and a good agrostar ballast. Some of us are poor folk and have to make every last penny count! :tongue:
Seriously tho, cost can very SOOO much depending on where you are, who you know, and what YOU WANT. Some people scoff at buying used equipment, I say it works and I can always upgrade after that used equipment shows it's return :smile:

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

Re: Going to be Growing [Re: c99hunter]
    #580980 - 08/25/11 09:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Why do people scoff at buying used equipment? I'm just curious, unless there's some reason not to, ideally I'd buy all my equipment used.

Edit: Also, wanted to confirm something. If I live with a friend who also has his card, we would be able to grow double the amount, right?

Edited by Cage (08/25/11 09:27 PM)

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Going to be Growing [Re: Cage]
    #580991 - 08/25/11 09:51 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yes but be sure that it's very clear what is his and what is yours, also do not keep your stashes in the same place or one of you will get hit hard. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

Re: Going to be Growing [Re: Magash]
    #580992 - 08/25/11 09:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Who I'm gonna have the arrangement with has been a best friend since 5 years old, I very much doubt he'll take interest in doing it himself, even if he does, it'll be a shared project. Most likely I'll be in charge of one large project, if I expand that far.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom