Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
SmokinErb's Garden
    #578362 - 08/14/11 06:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hello, and welcome. Good enough for an introduction, let's get right to it.

Strains:
-Cannabiogen Caribe
-Cannabiogen Leshaze
-Mandala Satori
-Big Bud (Freebies)
More to come.

Style:
-Working towards a perpetual "SOG." Small plants, only interested in the main cola. Not quite a true SOG - 2 gallon containers, 15 plants in 8 SQFT (1.9 plants per sqft.) per cab.

Medium:
-Organic soil mixture as follows:
1 bale ProMix HP
2 bags FFOF
1 CUFT coir
4 gallons EWC

This was amended with 2 bags of NSPB: FLF (Natural Selection Plant Botany: Full Life Formula) which contains the following:
alfalfa meal
azomite
beneficial bacterias
blood meal
bone meal
diatomaceous earth
dolomite lime
dry molasses
worm castings
greensand
guanos (N, P, seabird)
kelp meal
leonardite
rice flour
yucca

Cabs:
-Flower Cab 1: 3'6" x 2' 3" x 5' (LxDxH)
-Flower Cab 2: 3'6" x 2'3" x 5'
-Mother/Clone: 24" x 15" x 36"

Lights:
-Flower Cab 1: 400w Ushio HiLux HPS
-Flower Cab 2: 400w Ushio HiLux HPS
-Mother/Clone: 100w Philips MH

Reflectors:
-Flower Cab 1: DIY cool tube w/ reflector (Bake a round)
-Flower Cab 2: DIY cool tube w/ reflector
-Mother/Clone: Reflector included with security light (converted to remote ballast)

Reflective material:
-Flower Cab 1: Panda plastic
-Flower Cab 2: Panda plastic
-Mother/Clone: Flat white paint

Ventilation intake:
-Flower Cabs: Passive. 2x 4" holes w/ ducting to prevent light leaks
-Mother/Clone: Passive. 7x 1" holes.

Ventilation exhaust:
-Flower Cabs: Shared exhaust. 6" Hydrofarms inline dedicated to cool tubes. 4" vortex + phresh filter for venting cabs.
-Mother/Clone: Single PC fan, no filter.

Misc:
-Galaxy Select-A-Watt ballast (400w, 600w, 1000w)
-Powerbox relay unit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
Re: SmokinErb's Garden [Re: SmokinErb]
    #578363 - 08/14/11 06:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So let's play some catch-up. Didn't really take a lot of pictures of the vegging process, but who really wants to watch that? For now, let me cover the basic timeline:

6/4 - purchased seeds online
6/6 - seeds shipped out
6/11 - seeds arrived and were germinated

Plants were vegged under a 4ft 6-lamp T5HO.

7/10 - took my first set of clones
8/10 - built 1 of 2 of my flower cabs and threw up the HPS and transplanted to 5 gallon containers
8/12 - 1st of 2 rounds of pruning/thinning plants out

Here's some pictures that I do have:

Mother/Clone cab:

One of the flower cabs:

Inside the flower cab - you can see that it's well overgrown. I've since pruned the plants quite a bit and plan on doing a little bit more before flowering here in 2-3 days:

Vegging under T5's. You can see where I started construction on both flower cabs - the one on the right will be complete this week - this was taken sometime in July:

OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
    #578364 - 08/14/11 06:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I feel like the pictures don't really accurately show just how overgrown it is. So here's a few pictures I snapped after doing some more pruning.

It seems to me there's very little difference between the photo's here and the ones in the post above. So here's a picture of everything I've clipped off the plants in the past 48 hours:

OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
    #579451 - 08/19/11 09:39 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The lights shut off for the first 12-hour dark cycle at midnight last night. Here's a picture of each plant as they look before flowering. Not sure if I mentioned this yet - but all are females. The males were culled long ago:

Cannbiogen's Caribe - She's been a little bitchy her whole life. Was was stunted early on, and really has never made a full comeback. she's a lot smaller than the others in terms of that I've only topped her twice as opposed to however many times. She's also a stubborn cloner - only had 1 clone take root so far. Just can't seem to keep her happy:

Cannbiogen's Leshaze - I'm excited about this one. Relatively easy to grow, hasn't been too fussy. She was neglected during veg as all of them were and seemed to pull through it all the best. Probably my favorite girl:

Mandala's Satori (#2) - One of two Satori plants. Doing well, very newb friendly. Good growth all around. The #2 is because she's plant #2 out of 4, #1 and #4 were the males I killed. Not much more to say - this strain was selected by my girlfriend:

Mandala's Satori (#3) - Same as above. Similar in growth to the above plant, not really much variation in terms of phenotype. Keeping them labeled because I'm only keeping one mother cutting of Satori which will be determined by the harvest of these plants:

Doggiesnuts Big Bud#1 (#1) - These were freebies, grew 'em out because all of my seeds are sativa's and this is the only indica (or indica dom, not sure) strain that I have. Not keeping a mother plant of this despite it being the fastest growing plant. I've had to top these so many times it's not even funny:

Doggiesnuts Big Bud#1 (#2) - Same as above:

Here's a whole cab shot - not much change from the last photo:

Edited by SmokinErb (08/19/11 09:41 PM)

InvisibleMuggles

#579509 - 08/20/11 12:59 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

:popcorn:

OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
Re: SmokinErb's Garden [Re: Muggles]
    #582596 - 08/31/11 10:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ran into some unrelated legal issues and had to spend the past 5 days in county jail, which is why I haven't updated or actually had a chance to do anything. My amazing girlfriend actually salvaged everything. They were due for a watering the night I got arrested. She let some water sit out for 24-hours and gave 'em all a little bit of water on Tuesday. They'll be getting some more within the next 48 hours. Here's a quick run-down before I post up any pictures.

Veg cab:
The vegging plants grew into the light and suffered some light/heat burn, but nothing that'll cripple them. However, my only rooted caribe clone which was still in a plug couldn't survive the drought. Rooting clones have no signs of roots yet after a week. Topped the water level off, and will be replacing the water tomorrow.

Flower cab:
5 days away while they were in the 2 week stretch was a close call They all stretched from about 12-14" to about 30-36" since I introduced 12/12. The ones that stretched the most were thankfully, on the outside and not directly under the cool tube, there might be some light bleaching, don't really recall though. The cab was overcrowded again, so I did some more pruning of branches to thin out the growth. I'll be trimming out some fan leaves that are blocking light getting to the center of the plants tomorrow.

I REALLY need to get that 2nd flower cab up and running - I'm flat broke right now and need some more 4" ducting as I've only got a few feet left. Everything else is ready to go. Holes are cut, door is ready to be mounted and weatherstripped. 5 clones are ready to be transplanted and stuck in flowering. If I can get it up soon, I'll probably stick the Big Bud plants in the 2nd cab and find a way to raise the smaller plants up higher. They finish a few days earlier than the other strains and it'll help a lot with the crowding issue.

Anyway, I snapped a bunch of pictures, so let's get to that.

Satori (#2):

Leshaze:

Satori (#3):

Caribe:

Big Bud#1 (#1):

Big Bud#1 (#2):

Whole Garden:

Mother/Clone cab - the short 3 in front have been selected as mothers and have been topped twice so far:

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #582692 - 09/01/11 06:10 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

looking good man.

OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
Re: SmokinErb's Garden [Re: Pernicious]
    #582697 - 09/01/11 06:53 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Muggles and Pernicious - thanks for stopping in!  Things aren't looking the best right now, but once I get the perpetual SOG flowing, things should take a turn for the best.  Didn't really make too many mistakes - just a lot of neglect.  Took me forever to get around to building the flower cab despite having all the supplies sitting in my garage, let the plants sit rootbound for about a month, frequently neglecting to water them.  Still taking me forever to get around to finishing the 2nd flower cab too, but on the bright side I'll be getting some more ducting tomorrow and I'll have it up and running by this weekend. 

And I really, really need to figure out what the deal is with my cloning.  Something's just not working out right.  Took a batch of fresh clones a week ago, so hopefully I'll be seeing roots in the next few days, and hopefully my success rate improves dramatically.  Otherwise I'll be going back to my old method of cloning which has always worked well for me.  Just don't want to give up on this bubble cloner just yet.

OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
    #583516 - 09/04/11 09:59 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ran into some more complications yesterday with construction. I had everything set up and ready to go and then I noticed that the ducting I bought is allowing light to penetrate through some crevices where the aluminum folds over the clear inner plastic stuff. It was the only thing I could source locally, and I'm afraid it might be too much light getting inside it - so much for using the 2nd cab starting tonight. Hopefully I can work a solution out and begin using it as well tomorrow - the clones are just begging to get out of those quart grow bags.

Anyway, I snapped some more pictures of everything, side shot and a close-up of one of the flower sites for each plant. Here they are:

Leshaze:

Satori (#2):

Caribe:

Satori (#3):

Big Bud#1 (#2):

Big Bud#1 (#1):

OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
    #583517 - 09/04/11 10:00 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I want to run over each strains flowering times and document the expected harvest date really quick:

Big Bud#1 - 50-65 days
Leshaze - 60-70 days
Satori - 65 - 72 days
Caribe - 65-75 days

The 12-hour light cycle was introduced on 8/19 for each of these plants. Therefore the finishing times should be roughly:

Big Bud#1: September 7 - September 22
Leshaze - September 17 - September 27
Satori: September 22 - September 29
Caribe: September 22 - October 2

OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
    #587331 - 09/18/11 10:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Here's some more recent pictures of the girls - one frontal and one bud shot of each plant:

Big Bud#1 (1):

Leshaze:

Satori (3):

Caribe:

Big Bud#1 (1):

Satori (2):

OfflinePernicious
Stranger Danger
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #587356 - 09/19/11 07:50 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

those satori's are really nice and sugar coated hey?

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: SmokinErb's Garden [Re: Pernicious]
    #587381 - 09/19/11 11:27 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:popcorn: lookin good...

OfflineSmokinErb
Stranger
Re: SmokinErb's Garden [Re: phrostbyte]
    #587527 - 09/20/11 09:16 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Pernicious - There's one specific pheno - Satori (2) - that just keeps getting frostier every time I go in the cab.  She's more pungent than anything I have right now.  She's more sativa leaning than the other satori pheno.  Still need to sample the smoke, but as it is I believe I'll be running a cab with nothing but this girl. 

It seems I have an indica leaning pheno of Caribe - hopefully the smoke is more of a high than a stone.  She's got the fattest buds

Hopefully the Leshaze will be some top-notch smoke - have really high hopes for her.  She's starting to get frosty and is the most sativa leaning plant that I have.  Very thin leaves that are sparse and allows for a lot of light penetration - exactly what I'm wanting. 

If I had to keep only one plant right now - I'd have a tough choice between Satori and Leshaze.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale