Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

Cannabis addict?
    #571092 - 07/10/11 03:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Have you ever known anyone thats said they are addicted to cannabis?

Can't say I have though I know someone who just quit opiates a few montha ago doesn't wanna toke anymore cause he thinks it'll make him wanna use opies.

:strokebeard2:

Edited by Skatealex2 (07/10/11 03:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
Re: Cannabis addict? [Re: Skatealex2]
    #571095 - 07/10/11 03:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

One of my friend is totally addicted to cannabis, he told me he NEED a joint before going to bed if he wants to sleep, he always feel the urge to smoke weed, not really for the fun, but mostly to forget a bad moment that happened at job or things like that... Some people can be addicted to weed, but definitely not everyone.

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Cannabis addict? [Re: Skatealex2]
    #571096 - 07/10/11 03:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Good for him if he's not using weed anymore, it can certainly cause relapses. Any high can though. So hopefully he isn't using any drugs at all. (cigs don't get you high, so i wouldn't count that; although he should quit for health reasons)

But yes, i do know a couple of people who claim to be addicted, and i would agree.

--------------------

OfflineSkatealex2
Stranger

Re: Cannabis addict? [Re: iStoner]
    #571099 - 07/10/11 04:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
Good for him if he's not using weed anymore, it can certainly cause relapses. Any high can though. So hopefully he isn't using any drugs at all. (cigs don't get you high, so i wouldn't count that; although he should quit for health reasons)

But yes, i do know a couple of people who claim to be addicted, and i would agree.

Word i def hear that.  I can see how abstaining from weed might help someone who's quit a harder drug.  He doesn't drink anymore either so yea hes not using much drugs really besides cigs. When i spoke to him on the phone he said he knows its against my philosophy to use weed over cigs but ya in his situation besides for health reasons i guess cigs are better than weed since he was using opies.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Cannabis addict? [Re: iStoner]
    #571101 - 07/10/11 04:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Marijuana is not addictive, every other substance at the gas station is more addictive. It's not addictive because when you dont have it nothing happens.......... besides mild bitching.
YOU EVER SUCK DICK FOR SOme WEED? HUH?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Cannabis addict? [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #571103 - 07/10/11 04:14 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

While weed itself may not be addicting. Some people have addictive personalities.
Look at gambling. Hell you don't even take that.

Edit: Politicians are addicted to lying.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Edited by KaptKid (07/10/11 04:16 PM)

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Cannabis addict? [Re: KaptKid]
    #571104 - 07/10/11 04:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Anything can be abused even nasal spray. That's natural selection running it's course.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Cannabis addict? [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #571115 - 07/10/11 05:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So true.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Cannabis addict? [Re: KaptKid] * 1
    #571131 - 07/10/11 05:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So let's leave it at everything can be mentally addicting.  Weed is not physically addicting.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Cannabis addict? [Re: KaptKid]
    #571135 - 07/10/11 06:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Marijuana is addictive, the question is HOW addictive is it?. My experience when I abused the hell out of it was that within 1 week roughly I would be back to normal if I was even having any type of withdrawal. If caffeine and nicotine are addictive then so are the cannabinoids. Anything that you do to take yourself out of the 'equation' to remove yourself from reality can be abused and is 'addictive'. How is the person using the chemical in question? People get addicted to inhalants...Again, how addictive/harmful is it? You hear only very few cases where it triggers early onset of mental illness and none that I know of where people are robbing banks to support their cannabis habit.

We need to re-evaluate the word addiction or 'addictive' any form of the word addict,.,.because, people are using it so much today that I don't think people really understand what they are saying. In my opinion there are three type of addicts:

1. People who really become victims of the drugs maybe from a doctor or an older sibling pushes on a younger one and only take them to avoid physical withdrawal symptoms who get depressed because they are now a drug addict,
2. People who go searching for a way to numb their feelings because of a hurtful experience(parent passing away, or similar situation) and find a drug that does that so they start to abuse it(or abuse the behavior) which in-turn causes the depression(anxiety, etc.),
3. People who may have started with a mental illness and are trying to 'self-medicate' who become a lot of time hopelessly addicted because the already mentally sick person becomes extremely delusional almost in a psychosis and sometimes you could consider it exactly that.

I'm no psychologist but I've been through my share of rehab bullshit and yea.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale