Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Medicine
    #567075 - 06/24/11 03:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I am one of the few Shroomery/growery members who has been blessed with the curse of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder:grin:

Psychedelic drugs have been shown to be very beneficial to people with OCD. This was discovered back in the sixties and was also reaffirmed by a recent study by John Hopkins where people with OCD were given psilocybin. 
Whether it has to do with the way holotropic drugs affect the neurotransmitters or it is due to the psychologically therapeutic psychedelic trip or possibly a combination of two is not known for sure.

But it has been determined that a psychedelic trip weekly, monthly, or every few months is just as, if not more, effective then SSRIs in the treatment of OCD.  :psychsplit:

In my personal experience this definitely holds true. I have tried SSRIs, Seroquel, and Xanax. Nothing has helped me more than a few grams of psilocybin mushrooms or a couple hits of LSD every couple months.

A few months after a psychedelic trip I notice my OCD becoming more of a problem and interfering with my life and I know it is time to take another dose of the world's best medicine.  :shroomer:  :lsd:

One interesting thing that I noticed was that a couple months ago, about the time I'd expect to see some OCD symptoms intensifying, I had what one might call a "flashback" after smoking some cannabis, it basically felt like a mushroom trip, and that seemed to take the place of a trip actually induced by a serotonergic psychedelic and gave me another couple months of freedom from OCD.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Medicine [Re: FRACTALife]
    #567085 - 06/24/11 04:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

whoa, im not sure a weekly trip has been determined to be as effective as ssri's.  I would think that weekly trips would be detrimental to your overall mental well being.  I don't think any of the physicians participating in the research would say repeated weekly or even monthly trips would be of benefit.  To my knowledge, these studies are done in a way that provides maximum results with minimal drug intake.  I don't think any psychedelic research study since the 1960s has included a regimen of consistent (weekly or monthly) psychedelic trips.  I just question how much benefit that would provide, and you know I'm a psychedelic advocate to the core.  :lol:  But i digress from the topic, sorry.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Medicine [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #567086 - 06/24/11 04:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Weekly trips was a bit of an over-exaggeration. It's more like every other week for at the most, but really it's about how long OCD sufferers feel relieved from one dose. It can last as short as a week or as long as a year. That is what I meant.

--------------------

OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
Re: Medicine [Re: FurrowedBrow] * 2
    #567087 - 06/24/11 04:50 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Medicine...

...Get Well Soon

InvisibleToiletduk
Head Goon

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #567088 - 06/24/11 04:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting. This should be studied even further. This could have a real benefit for those suffering from OCD.

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #567089 - 06/24/11 05:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I feel I should specify even more.

My time frame about dosing weekly, monthly, or every few months comes from the recent studies on OCD and psychedelic drugs which show that patients found the relief from OCD lasting anywhere from a few days to a few months.

--------------------

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #567098 - 06/24/11 05:19 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #567104 - 06/24/11 05:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
I am one of the few Shroomery/growery members who has been blessed with the curse of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder:grin:

Psychedelic drugs have been shown to be very beneficial to people with OCD. This was discovered back in the sixties and was also reaffirmed by a recent study by John Hopkins where people with OCD were given psilocybin. 
Whether it has to do with the way holotropic drugs affect the neurotransmitters or it is due to the psychologically therapeutic psychedelic trip or possibly a combination of two is not known for sure.

But it has been determined that a psychedelic trip weekly, monthly, or every few months is just as, if not more, effective then SSRIs in the treatment of OCD.  :psychsplit:

In my personal experience this definitely holds true. I have tried SSRIs, Seroquel, and Xanax. Nothing has helped me more than a few grams of psilocybin mushrooms or a couple hits of LSD every couple months.

A few months after a psychedelic trip I notice my OCD becoming more of a problem and interfering with my life and I know it is time to take another dose of the world's best medicine.  :shroomer:  :lsd:

One interesting thing that I noticed was that a couple months ago, about the time I'd expect to see some OCD symptoms intensifying, I had what one might call a "flashback" after smoking some cannabis, it basically felt like a mushroom trip, and that seemed to take the place of a trip actually induced by a serotonergic psychedelic and gave me another couple months of freedom from OCD.

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
whoa, im not sure a weekly trip has been determined to be as effective as ssri's.  I would think that weekly trips would be detrimental to your overall mental well being.  I don't think any of the physicians participating in the research would say repeated weekly or even monthly trips would be of benefit.  To my knowledge, these studies are done in a way that provides maximum results with minimal drug intake.  I don't think any psychedelic research study since the 1960s has included a regimen of consistent (weekly or monthly) psychedelic trips.  I just question how much benefit that would provide, and you know I'm a psychedelic advocate to the core.  :lol:  But i digress from the topic, sorry.

Weekly I don't know about but monthly to every few months, more of an as needed basis. That's how I do and I agree that they are more beneficial than ssri's though. But at the same time I feel like the wrong dose, at the wrong time, with the wrong person can change a persons life, and not always got the better, so I think its safe to say psychedelics are safer in terms of medicine and things possibly going wrong long term.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineCage
Melancholy Mindfuck.

Re: Medicine [Re: mhbound]
    #567124 - 06/24/11 07:12 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Had no idea you had OCD. I'm pretty sure I have at least some kind of OCD.. I'm wayyy too obsessive with wayyy too many things...

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#567151 - 06/24/11 08:05 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I cannot see people wanting to have a psychedelic experience every month(to pick an arbitrary time frame) for the rest of their lives, assuming OCD lasts forever.  But for the true space trucker I could see this as a suitable method of coping with OCD.

"Gramz, eat your fucking fungus you are annoying me!"

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Medicine [Re: Tangerines]
    #567154 - 06/24/11 08:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

My moms OCD about a lot of shit.

I have the opposite of OCD. Whats that? DGAF?

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Medicine [Re: RasJeph]
    #567188 - 06/24/11 11:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

OCD isn't exactly like they portray it on shows like Monk or what not.
It can be sort of like that, but it varies a lot from person to person.
There are a lot of more intense stuff than cleaning, but that can be one of the compulsions, there can also be lots of intrusive thoughts, guilt, and of course- obsessing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #567291 - 06/25/11 01:56 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The most basic definition I have ever heard came from a doctor who I actually like, OCD = Intrusive Thoughts. That's all I have to say.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Medicine [Re: mhbound]
    #567292 - 06/25/11 01:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That's a good way to put it! :levitate:

--------------------

Edited by FRACTALife (06/25/11 01:57 PM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #567312 - 06/25/11 03:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

here's a good article i read earlier today that may provide some hope to those who'd benefit...

http://www.alternet.org/story/151394/why_prescription_ecstasy_or_lsd_could_happen_much_sooner_than_you_think?akid=7158.152993.RUw5rw&rd=1&t=2

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #567320 - 06/25/11 04:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That would be cool.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder