Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

did i mix my greencure too strong or is this something else?
    #564645 - 06/15/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

sprayed my babies for PM yesterday.  they all looked great and just a few had a couple spots of PM starting to form.  hit them with greencure and went home for the night.  showed up this morning to find them like this:

nothing else was changed.  running 24/0 under T5s.  im hoping its just that i hit them too hard with the greencure :frown:  i just gave them a good rinse with straight water.  was thinking to maybe give them a foliar feeding tonight.  going to do a full res change to make sure any greencure that dripped into the tray is out of the system as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGREENGROW123
Stranger
Re: did i mix my greencure too strong or is this something else? [Re: yellownotepad]
    #564822 - 06/16/11 09:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

My experience is that it is best to turn off lights for a while after spraying to prevent burning.

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: did i mix my greencure too strong or is this something else? [Re: GREENGROW123]
    #566822 - 06/23/11 12:29 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Wow that's weird. I found bumps like that on one of my plants leaves but they went away and never spread anywhere. I think caterpillars might make similar bumps on leaves when they are making their cocoon but that's of course not the problem. Just wondering what is PM? I've never used greencure. I'm cautious of any sprays ever since my friend destroyed his plants with just neem and dish soap :facepalm: idk what happened on that one

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

OfflineLegalize
Stranger
Male
Loc: Michigan USA
Re: did i mix my greencure too strong or is this something else? [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #566866 - 06/23/11 04:53 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

The bumps are or were thc.. The plant was flowered or started to flower b4 the clone was taken..Can tell by the weird leaves..

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
Re: did i mix my greencure too strong or is this something else? [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #567282 - 06/25/11 12:53 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MonsignorBerric said:

Just wondering what is PM? I've never used greencure.

PM is short for Powdery Mildew, and Greencure is a fungicide used to treat it.  To yellownotepad, I wouldn't stress about the HOW this happened.  It seems highly likely that it is resulting from the use of your sprays since that's the only thing you did before you noticed the issue.  Therefore, get a handle on your humidity, don't over water and in particular, increase air circulation around your plants to eliminate the powdery mildew issue, and then you won't even have to worry about using nasty sprays like Greencure.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: did i mix my greencure too strong or is this something else? [Re: geokills]
    #567307 - 06/25/11 03:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Oh god powdery mildew, it's the bane of my existence  :grrr: , I get it every year without fail. Probably because I live in a moist valley

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: did i mix my greencure too strong or is this something else? [Re: geokills]
    #567333 - 06/25/11 04:58 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Quote:

MonsignorBerric said:

Just wondering what is PM? I've never used greencure.

PM is short for Powdery Mildew, and Greencure is a fungicide used to treat it.  To yellownotepad, I wouldn't stress about the HOW this happened.  It seems highly likely that it is resulting from the use of your sprays since that's the only thing you did before you noticed the issue.  Therefore, get a handle on your humidity, don't over water and in particular, increase air circulation around your plants to eliminate the powdery mildew issue, and then you won't even have to worry about using nasty sprays like Greencure.

yup i am pretty sure that either it was the fact that i sprayed with the lights on, or i mixed it too strong.

luckily we don't actually have a pm problem in our room.  the issue came because we got stuff from vendors that came with PM and it had just barely started to get hold.  i nuked the crap out of the room because i know what happens, and we've got the environment under control now - room dialed in to 72 degrees, fans blowing a nice breeze on everything, etc.

Offlinecoco4coco
Stranger
    #577814 - 08/11/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MonsignorBerric said:
Oh god powdery mildew, it's the bane of my existence  :grrr: , I get it every year without fail. Probably because I live in a moist valley

To get rid of PM and never see it again you need to treat the moms and kill it in the plant. Most the sprays you get like greencure just knock back the PM but it is still in the plant and WILL come back.
If you get this stuff called Eagle 20 and spray your moms and dip your cuttings in it ... you will not see PM no more...
BUT DO NOT SPRAY PLANTS THAT ARE IN FLOWER WITH EAGLE 20
It stays in the plant for 28 days....

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

Re: did i mix my greencure too strong or is this something else? [Re: coco4coco]
    #577873 - 08/12/11 06:20 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

update: i have yet to see any pm return on anything in any of my rooms now.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder