Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeos
Stranger
Problem (serious one maybe) .. need help
    #381169 - 03/10/10 07:33 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Hello Everyone,

first of all thats my first post here and if sth is wrong please tell me.

***edit:        The form:
Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?      seeds (dinafem)
2. How old are your plants?                  27 days
3. How tall are your plants?                40 cm
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 liters
5. What is your soil mix?                    ATAMI light mix
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?  1.5l per 2-3 days, from the sink
7. What is the pH of your water?            dont know :frown:
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? organic earth GROW ( NPK 12-8-11) ; organic earth FLOWER (PK 13-14) Plagron PYTH-AMIN (NPK 12-8-11)
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")600 W HPS
11. How close are your lights to the plants?  70 cm
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?  6.6
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? t:  35 (top of the plants) 25 (room) H: 40 %
14. What is the pH of the soil?              dont know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no
16. How much experience do you have growing?  none     

Also its my first grow and i experience some troubles :S.

I have 3 plants ( power kush ) growing in soil in a wardrobe ( 0.5 m2)under 600 W HPS lamp. The girls are 27 days old and  the photo period is 18h/6h. The temperature in the closet is between 23-28 (right under the lamp is between 30-40).  Till now everything seemed fine until couple a days ago i discovered:

(click for a larger view, if the pic is shitty please tell me i will try to make another one)

At the time that happened the lamp distance was about 30 cm, than i lifted it up to 45 cm, but the "burning" continued .. now the lamp is 60 cm + and Im not sure whether its ok. I am really worried, i know that the lamp is too strong for such a small place but is this the reason, if so what should i do ?

Currently, i am feeding them only with "plagron PHYT-AMIN" and after i switch to 12/12 ( next week maybe ? ) i will start the fertilizing process ( any suggestions for the right fertilizers? ).

Is the problem food deficit? Is it heating problem? What should i do? I am complete lamer in growing and if somebody could help me i would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance for the help
big ups

Edited by Deos (03/11/10 06:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Problem (serious one maybe) .. need help [Re: Deos]
    #381177 - 03/10/10 08:23 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Hi,

Wow, that's a rough looking plant.

I checked out that "plagron PHYT-AMIN" thing you posted. I don't believe it's an actual grow formulae, but just growth hormones.

However, from what I can tell, it appears you have a micro nutrient deficiency. Though your picture isn't the best I'm afraid to say. More pictures would be more revealing I'm sure.

Also, you need to tell us how hot it is right at the top of the plants. That's very important. The temperature at the top of your plant should be 26-28.

Definitely light burn at the top there. 600W HPS is still within optimal range of the plant even at 70cm, but that is the furthest you should go. What kind of cooling do you have for the light? Can we see pictures of your closet?

Also, if you could please kindly fill this form out (http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/53005) and post it in this thread, I think you would get more responses.
:smile:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
    #381180 - 03/10/10 08:34 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Looks like HEAT STRESS to me. The leaves are curling up and and are brown and dry looking. Are they dry to the touch?

Welcome to the growery!:rockon: I am Buddy Guy. http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/369691/page/1

Edited by Buddy Guy (03/10/10 08:37 AM)

OfflineDeos
Stranger
Re: Problem (serious one maybe) .. need help [Re: TomCollins]
    #381282 - 03/10/10 01:06 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Hey,
really thanks for the responds and sorry for my delay.

First of all, some additional pics:

thats the wardrobe itself, as you see for the ventilation i use 1 PC cooler( in - out direction) at the top right corner, a hole with the same size  ( out - in ) and a fan in front of the hole to blow the plants. I just saw that u said " cooling for the light", i dont use cool tube or sth like that, if i move the 12 inch fan to blow directly below the lamp is it goin' to work ?

mmmaybe a better pictures than the last one.

just a macro picture trying to show you the problem itself.

About the pythamin stuff, its just some hormones yeah,i dont know why i thought that i dont need the real formula until the 12/12 switch. Huge mistake huh? So i have to start the formula immediately? What kind of ( if its possible to answer such a stupid question ) formula do i need now ?

Right now the temperature right on the top of the plants are 35.4 :S and at the bottom ( next to the pots ) its 26.3

For the lamp, i wont go further than 70 cm, but what can i do for the burning because now i am more than 50 % sure that it is still burning?

Right after i posted the thread , i saw the form and edited the msg, but i forgot to click continue. Sorry i will edit it right away.

Buddy Guy: Yeah, man they are really dry .. just like if you put a leaf in book, any suggestions?

HUGE thanks for the responses guys,
when i saw the site i knew that i am in the right place...

big ups growery !

OfflineTomCollins

#381299 - 03/10/10 01:40 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

From
Quote:

Deos said:
***edit:        The form:
Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?      seeds (dinafem)
2. How old are your plants?                  27 days
3. How tall are your plants?                40 cm
4. What size containers are they planted in? 5 liters
5. What is your soil mix?                    no idea, from a growshop
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?  1.5l per 2-3 days, from the sink
7. What is the pH of your water?            dont know :frown:
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? none yet
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")600 W HPS
11. How close are your lights to the plants?  70 cm
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?  6.6
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? t:  35 (top of the plants) 25 (room) H: 40 %
14. What is the pH of the soil?              dont know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no
16. How much experience do you have growing?  none     

I'm actually very impressed how far a long your plants have come!

For your light, you really should rig up something like this:

The problem is, you have a 600W with almost no cooling and that's a small closet.... HPSs get really hot. I can understand if money is an issue though.... do what you can. But for 600Watt in that closet you need cooling like I have. In the picture you see above, I use a 400W HPS and still I need cooling.

I think the soil is starting to run out of nutrients as well so you will have to buy some things. Your in Europe yeah? What nutrient brands does your growshop carry? Are you able to buy online?

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #381543 - 03/10/10 09:20 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

#7  That's your problem. Then you should of gotten the pH of the soil to start too.

Come on everyone- - - - pH, If you don't know that. What do you know?.

OP, ready everything on this site.Then Grow.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problem (serious one maybe) .. need help [Re: KaptKid]
    #381561 - 03/10/10 09:42 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Nah, that's not just pH alone.  I would out money that he's having some heat issues coupled with that.  Soil grows can stand a bit of pH imbalance because the soil acts as a buffer, not to say that it's not important.

OP, there's nothing wrong with trial and error.  We all do it.  But you really should be knowing the basics.  You should know what type of soil your growing in, the temp and humidity of your room, the pH on not only the water your giving it but what the starting pH of your soil is as well as taking it a few times through out your grow to make sure that it's staying in line. 

I recommend that you buy Indoor Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes.  It will give you a good base knowledge on growing what's needed.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Re: Problem (serious one maybe) .. need help [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #381642 - 03/10/10 11:38 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Buddy Guy said:
Looks like HEAT STRESS to me. The leaves are curling up and and are brown and dry looking. Are they dry to the touch?

Welcome to the growery!:rockon: I am Buddy Guy. http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/369691/page/1

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Nah, that's not just pH alone.  I would out money that he's having some heat issues coupled with that.  Soil grows can stand a bit of pH imbalance because the soil acts as a buffer, not to say that it's not important.

OP, there's nothing wrong with trial and error.  We all do it.  But you really should be knowing the basics.  You should know what type of soil your growing in, the temp and humidity of your room, the pH on not only the water your giving it but what the starting pH of your soil is as well as taking it a few times through out your grow to make sure that it's staying in line. 

I recommend that you buy Indoor Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes.  It will give you a good base knowledge on growing what's needed.

See. Buddy Guy knows what he's talking about. I agree with Mr, Apprentice. Buy Indoor Marijuana Horticulture by Jorge Cervantes. Get a point of reference.

OfflineDeos
Stranger
Re: Problem (serious one maybe) .. need help [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #381719 - 03/11/10 03:59 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Spency:

I considered buying a cool tube but the cash is a big issue. Right now i moved the fan to blow b/n the plants and the lamp ( as in your pic) and the temp is below 30.
I live in Netherlands right now so i have plenty of choice for the brands ( i am able to shop online as well). If you know some brands with good quality/price ratio please tell me. The local shop has: biobizz, bio-nova, canna, plagron, GHE.
Which one is more urgent, to buy the cool tube or the fertilizers ?
Cause i am cashless right now and i cant buy both.

KaptKid:
The starting ph of the soil was between 5.2-6.2

hawksapprentice:
I read the book( as well as 5 others and more than 10 videos). Actually  it is not a lack of knowledge in my case but mainly lack of cash and experience. I know that i have to monitor the ph as well, just at this moment i dont have excess of even 15 euros .... 
I almost know what i have to do but i dont have the resources.
The soil which i am using is ATAMI light mix , with starting ph 5.2-6.2
The tempreture is below 30 degrees in the room ( both at the top of the plants and at the bottom) , the humidity is between 30-50 %.

What shell i do ?  I want to try everything to save them ..

Again huge thanks for the responds.

big ups

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #381723 - 03/11/10 04:41 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Looks like heat stress with some nutrient issues, check your ph it could be blocking out uptake of some nutrients, doesn't look like macronutes to me so maybe give them a small dose of micronutrients and see if she perks up. You wanna get on checking your ph regularly though it can cause serious deficiency and toxicities if it isn't managed well, it's also easier to keep on top of it than get it back to normal once you let it slip seriously

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#381874 - 03/11/10 12:03 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Deos said:
Spency:

I considered buying a cool tube but the cash is a big issue. Right now i moved the fan to blow b/n the plants and the lamp ( as in your pic) and the temp is below 30.
I live in Netherlands right now so i have plenty of choice for the brands ( i am able to shop online as well). If you know some brands with good quality/price ratio please tell me. The local shop has: biobizz, bio-nova, canna, plagron, GHE.

Well, I have never grown in soil, only hydro, so it's hard to recommend something good. However, I've had great experience with products from GHE, and many people here say they are one of the best companies. So personally, I would suggest you try the Bio Sevia Terra Series by GHE. I've never personally used that particular product, but I don't think you will be at all disappointed.

The guy at my local store says he likes Biobizzs nutrients, but says you should only give your plants 1/2 strength because they are very strong nutrients.

It may also be wise to ask the guy at your store for recommendation.

The problem is with us Euro guys is we deal with completely different brands and products than the Americans and although the growery is a cool site, it's very small and unfortunately most of the guys on here are in America. :shrug:

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #382082 - 03/11/10 05:46 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Yo spency I updated other day check it out brother

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problem (serious one maybe) .. need help [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #382095 - 03/11/10 06:13 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

The soil which i am using is ATAMI light mix , with starting ph 5.2-6.2

Wow, 5.2?  Even in hydro cannabis prefers a Ph of 5.8 at the most acidic.  In soil you want your Ph to be around 6.5-6.8.

So, figure out what your Ph is at right now and raise it through some lime, calcium carbonate, etc.  Secondly, figure out a way to cool your room because the biggest damage I'm seeing is definitely heat stress.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineDeos
Stranger
Re: Problem (serious one maybe) .. need help [Re: coda]
    #382111 - 03/11/10 06:45 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Inbred_gimp, coda : ok, when i measure the ph i will try to normalize it

coda: for two days now the temp right at the top of the plants is 32 degrees, too harmful ?

Spency: Today i had e extensive conversation with the guy from the local store and at the end i bought their ( organic earth) formula ( unfortunately it isnt online).
The grow is with NPK ratio 12-8-11
The flower is with PK ratio 13-14
and with the hormones PYTHAMIN ( NPK also 12-8-11  ) should be enough right?
About the heat im doing my best to afford the cool tube but im a poor student u know, so until i have it , do you think that the 32 degrees right on top are too much ?

OfflineTomCollins

#382358 - 03/12/10 12:50 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

I'm sure it will be fine. Make sure you know how much and when to feed it.

32 is still quite hot but what else can you do? Best temperature is 26 so I've heard. Perhaps another oscillating fan will help out a little. They should be only like 10-15 Euro.

Remember a cool tube doesn't do anything unless you have one of those inline fans to attach to it.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

#382564 - 03/12/10 03:50 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

32 celsius converts over to 89.6 degrees ferinheight. That is too high by almost 12-17 degrees (ferinheight). 12-8-11 is high. I would cut that in half. Keep this in mind when planing your nutrient regimen. http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/377620/page/1

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Problem (serious one maybe) .. need help [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #383458 - 03/14/10 11:39 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

About the heat im doing my best to afford the cool tube but im a poor student u know, so until i have it , do you think that the 32 degrees right on top are too much ?

Yes, you want the the air to be around 78-80 degrees at most.  The air will be cooler towards the bottom of your grow, so get temp readings from all parts of your cab.  But you want the area around your growing tips to be around 80 F.  Anything above 85 is counterproductive to the grow even though cannabis can survive in that heat.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds