Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: West Tenuhsee Flag
Growing Under Mobile-home? Woods in Southern TN?
    #559504 - 05/30/11 12:44 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I was wanting to do a very small grow, just 1-3 plants, but I can't decided on exactly where...

I live in a Rural area on 5 acres of land, in a 3 bedroom mobile-home trailer back behind my parent's place. I'm the only one living in the trailer, but they are the ones who actually OWN the trailer so therefor have a key and if they smelled something they might look around the house.  North of my trailer, which is in the center of the northern boundary of our property, it is all woods behind it that belong to someone else.  The only concern I have about growing back there is the fact that I have neighbors to the East and West, visible from where I'd be growing it, but just barely because of all the trees.  There is probably a good 3 acres distance between each house and the potential grow area.  Both neighbors are elderly people and are HIGHLY unlikely to see me going back there, and there's a 0.5% chance of them actually stumbling across the plants.

However, ONE of the neighbors is a paranoid crazy old lady who, when I was in my early teens, heard us back in that area and came out there with a shotgun telling us she'd call the sheriff (granted, we HAD blown up a mason jar with fireworks several minutes before).  It's not her land, but it's possible she will see me going back there and report me.

So I was thinking about growing UNDER my trailer.  There is a clearance of between 3-4 feet.  Pipes and air ducts are up under there, but the majority of it is open and crawl-able.  It is normally cool under there compared to the temp outside.  It is also usually damp and dark; the floor is bare dirt and it is covered with plastic siding so that from the outside it looks like it is a foundation.  If my parents DID smell it, they would never think to look under there so it really wouldn't matter.

My question is, would it be POSSIBLE to grow in a space less than 4 feet in height? If so, advice would be appreciated. :smile:

And also, would it be possible to grow in a wooded area if I can't find a good treeless patch in the woods behind my house, and what could I do to prevent potential evidence against me if it WAS discovered and my neighbor told them she saw me going back there?
Would you try growing in the woods or under the trailer?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/30/11 12:43 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: Growing Under Mobile-home? Woods in Southern TN? [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #559506 - 05/30/11 12:53 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RipVanWinkle said:
  If my parents DID smell it, they would never think to look under there so it really wouldn't matter.

Don't put others in danger.
Wait till you have your own place.

Grow in the woods.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Growing Under Mobile-home? Woods in Southern TN? [Re: KaptKid]
    #559508 - 05/30/11 12:58 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Quote:

RipVanWinkle said:
  If my parents DID smell it, they would never think to look under there so it really wouldn't matter.

Don't put others in danger.
Wait till you have your own place.

Grow in the woods.

QFT!

Definitely. Unless you're in a medical state. In which case, go get your card and you'll be fine whichever route you go...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing Under Mobile-home? Woods in Southern TN? [Re: Tank333]
    #559520 - 05/30/11 01:25 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well, here is my opinion.
Trailor skirting is quite looses and light will escape. You would basically have to build a grow room to make that work. Smell is not the only indicator. Light leaks can also be a problem. Also summer time conditions from a trailor is FREAKIN HOT! So if your going to grow then do it outside. If youvhave the money to invest in the grow room then go for it. But this will be a little costly. I used to live in a trailor back in my younger days.

As far as growing in the woods, Nah! You need a good clearing or they will end up all stretched out and not worth really much. I am not advocating this, but private property is a good idea. I have been growing for many years and have learned a lot of lessons. Growing on public land will either get you busted or ripped off! Most times hunters will come across your plot. Or someone will report it to leo. So private property is the way to go.

Are u in a mmj state? If so go get your card. This will solve most of your problems. However, if your parents are old school and paranoid, they will probably not agree with it either way. And your still in the same boat. So like others have said, wait till your on your own property with out all the current worries! Or get legal!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Growing Under Mobile-home? Woods in Southern TN? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #559523 - 05/30/11 01:33 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I would wait, which I know is not what you want to hear. 

I thing growing under the trailer is just as disrespectful to your parents as growing in it (They could get in a lot of trouble).  Also, I don't think it would work very well for many reasons unless, as SpaceMonkey said, you build a grow space under their.

The woods are your best bet, but it's sounds like you don't feel comfortable with the idea so that says it all.  Plus, I would not under estimate the elderly.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: West Tenuhsee Flag
Re: Growing Under Mobile-home? Woods in Southern TN? [Re: muse42]
    #559539 - 05/30/11 02:11 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ok that is what I was afraid of...

Light escaping from under the trailer is not a worry at all.  Nor is it being discovered a concern.  It is isolated enough that neighbors would not smell it (nor would my parents from their house, only if they came out here) and it's far from a public road.  The only give away would be the increased power bill, which they would never see but I reckon the authorities might notice it.  The only concern I had about it was if it was even possible to grow a few good plants for personal use only in that low of a space...

But yall are right... I need to just wait.  I'm planning on moving to SoCal within the next couple of years, once I can save up a few thousand, I guess it won't kill me to wait until then.

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: Growing Under Mobile-home? Woods in Southern TN? [Re: RipVanWinkle]
    #559564 - 05/30/11 07:24 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RipVanWinkle said:
Ok that is what I was afraid of...

Light escaping from under the trailer is not a worry at all.  Nor is it being discovered a concern.  It is isolated enough that neighbors would not smell it (nor would my parents from their house, only if they came out here) and it's far from a public road.  The only give away would be the increased power bill, which they would never see but I reckon the authorities might notice it.  The only concern I had about it was if it was even possible to grow a few good plants for personal use only in that low of a space...

But yall are right... I need to just wait.  I'm planning on moving to SoCal within the next couple of years, once I can save up a few thousand, I guess it won't kill me to wait until then.

Grow em outside, fuck that neighbor! The cops can't do shit!!! Unless they catch you with the plants! Every time you go to the woods, just make sure you have a different reason to be going to the woods. Like; "I lost my cat,dog,snake,monkey,hamster," whatever the hell animal you have! Take a camera and take shots of trees,birds,whatever, see what I mean? If you're that paranoid about going to the woods then definitely don't take pictures of the plants out there.

I personally would never grow in Tn, the laws there suck ASS last I checked.

Edited by c99hunter (05/30/11 07:29 AM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Growing Under Mobile-home? Woods in Southern TN? [Re: c99hunter]
    #559685 - 05/30/11 01:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Also don't beat a path from your front door directly to the plants. Come in from as many directions as possible while still remaining inconspicuous.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies