Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrower420
Stranger
Getting to my grow spot???????
    #396241 - 04/05/10 07:09 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

hi i have to walk to my grow spot my question is if im walking with big pots and other times a backpack full of soil and heading for the woods yet there is houses out there and developments along the way can a cop stop me? i know they cant prove nothing unless i have the plants but cna they take me in for questioning or something?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting to my grow spot??????? [Re: Grower420]
    #396246 - 04/05/10 07:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't worry about them "taking you in" but they can question you for anything. I would think you'd have a hard time explaining that you're growing guerrilla green peppers.

If I came across a cop or game warden while growing I would be devastated. It would mean putting it all away and waiting till next season.

Personally I'd stay away from the developments. Housing developments mean lots of kids and kids love to play in the woods. Hell, I still love playing in the woods and I'm almost 30. I'm not saying it can't be done, just be super careful with your choice of grow spot.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

OfflineGrower420
Stranger
Re: Getting to my grow spot??????? [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #396310 - 04/05/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

noo it not like right next to homes its just when i walk to this place i pass alot of homes then i just go into the woods off the road and theres absolulty no sign of human activiy and it has no tresspassing no hunting fishing etc.. protected for wildlife sign. i dont really care if they question me ill just say im bringing the soil to a friends house because we have to grow tomatos for school im not even in school lol but i look pretty young that i could be a high schooler lol ive been locked up before and i dont care about cops talking to me i can lie really really really good lol

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #396311 - 04/05/10 10:25 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

With all that being said then I say just let 'er rip!!! Just some advice though. Get a decent digital camera. If you do well you'll want pics of your grow (and post them here of course).

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #396694 - 04/05/10 08:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

In your case cops are a concern but ripoffs are a much bigger threat to the garden.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Getting to my grow spot??????? [Re: Magash]
    #396974 - 04/06/10 10:30 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

When growing outside I see little advantage to planting in pots. If you're going out to the woods and taking soil amendments then just get a nice sturdy spade and dig your own hole. That saves you having to lug around suspicious cargo in the woods.

Also don't forget to take different routes to your spot and I'd suggest making several trips with one backpack than one trip where you're geared up like Arnold Schwarzenegger in commando! it just makes more sense and if you NEED to run you still can.

Magash is right to say your threat is more thieves than cops but you wont have to worry about that for a few months hopefully :p

And unless you fit the description of someone the police are looking for you are only obligated to give them your name and remain silent. Remember that what you say can and WILL be used in a court of law, or to determine whether they have just cause to search you. I would also suggest that you make sure your lawyer is present before you allow them to search your bag or person, whether or not there is anything in it. This is just a safe habit and they're legally obligated to facilitate your request.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting to my grow spot??????? [Re: CDXX]
    #397005 - 04/06/10 11:05 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I agree it is a bitch to lug around 5gal buckets full of soil. However, Farmer Joe said at one point that some people he knew had great success last year in our state with buckets. And last year was a shitty grow season.

This season I plan on putting out at least 10 buckets. I'm planning another 5 spots where I'm just going to dig a plot and add some fortified soil and amendments. Then I'll come to a consensus on which is more advantageous. Luckily, I can lug all the soil I need because no one lives up here. I worry more about coming across a game warden than a cop. Cops have limits, game wardens can do whatever the hell they want.

--------------------

InvisibleCDXX
Enlightened Guardian

Loc: Canada Flag
    #397008 - 04/06/10 11:18 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

All this talk of outdoors is making me want to go for a walk! I just moved again and have a newborn so I'm thinking this year's no good for an outside crop. I envy you guys!

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #397073 - 04/06/10 01:19 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Remember there are pros and cons to growing in pots outdoors. Yeah it's more to lug around that is a con. Get a hair up your ass with pots and you can move the garden to a different spot. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck