Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek
Stranger

Im so confused... building a grow box
    #304815 - 10/27/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

there are a million guides out there and i'm just overwhelmed with the information.

i have a large open space and I need to cut off some of it so I can have a veg area and fruit area. Any other areas I need to have? do i need a nursery? I'm starting with seeds first and then moving to clones.

I'd like to eventually get to 15 plants veging 15 plants fruiting. but for now i'll do half of that. 

Do I just use wood and build myself a box and then wrap it up in mylar and panda film? make some holes for the exhaust and fan?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Im so confused... building a grow box [Re: pftek]
    #304832 - 10/27/09 06:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Do I just use wood and build myself a box and then wrap it up in mylar and panda film? make some holes for the exhaust and fan?

Basically, yeah. The goal is to have a pretty closed off environment: as air-tight and light-tight as you can get it. You don't necessarily have to use mylar or panda film. If you're making the whole box of wood, you could paint the inside flat white, which is almost as efficient as the others. If you're just building the frame out of wood, then mylar/panda would be a good option.

You should be fine with just a separate veg and flower area. Make sure the light from the veg room doesn't leak into the flower room, or your plants'll be pissed. You don't need a special place for clones or seedlings, as they'll do well under a veg lighting schedule. Just make sure there's a way to keep the clones more humid than the rest of the veg room (like putting them under a plastic dome or something).

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Im so confused... building a grow box [Re: God]
    #304854 - 10/27/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

How did you figure out a big open space?
Seems like a far cry from the "can I grow in my apartment?" thread you had earlier this week.
What kind of space are you talking about now? Dimensions?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Im so confused... building a grow box [Re: God]
    #304855 - 10/27/09 06:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

God said:
Quote:

Basically, yeah. The goal is to have a pretty closed off environment: as air-tight and light-tight as you can get it. You don't necessarily have to use mylar or panda film. If you're making the whole box of wood, you could paint the inside flat white, which is almost as efficient as the others. If you're just building the frame out of wood, then mylar/panda would be a good option.

You should be fine with just a separate veg and flower area. Make sure the light from the veg room doesn't leak into the flower room, or your plants'll be pissed. You don't need a special place for clones or seedlings, as they'll do well under a veg lighting schedule. Just make sure there's a way to keep the clones more humid than the rest of the veg room (like putting them under a plastic dome or something).

What do you recommend? Building the whole thing out of wood or should i build an outline out of wood or PVC and then wrap the whole thing in film? How big of a box would I need to house 7-15 plants?

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: Im so confused... building a grow box [Re: 81renaissance]
    #304857 - 10/27/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
How did you figure out a big open space?
Seems like a far cry from the "can I grow in my apartment?" thread you had earlier this week.
What kind of space are you talking about now? Dimensions?

It's an apartment. But one room is like 250 square feet. With 12 foot ceilings. I figure it would be very difficult to grow out in the open here. Or could I? It would make this simpler.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds