Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Curling, yellowing and dieing leaves?
    #553056 - 05/04/11 07:27 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What is wrong, and how can I fix it?  My plants seem to be exhibiting symptoms from many of the steps at [url= http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/234999]marijuana plant problem solver......follow the steps to fix the crop!![/url]

My PH has been around 6; it is impossible to get an exact reading with the PH drop kits.
Watered every two to three days, usually with nutrients.  Last water was pure.

Soil is coco coir with vermiculite.

Plants are grown under a 400w HPS.  For two to three weeks the tips of the plants were around 6" away from the ballast, and temperatures were reaching 85f.  I have since changed the grow area so the light is further from the plants, with temperates max: 79.7f, min: 68.5f.  Humidity is 30% - 40%. Foliar feeding every one or two days.

The leaves towards the bottom are mostly fine.  Leaves on the upper half are turning yellow, some are curling under, and some are curling over.  All of the pistils are still white.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: Curling, yellowing and dieing leaves? [Re: lopan]
    #553100 - 05/04/11 09:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5. What is your soil mix?
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
7. What is the pH of your water?
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
16. How much experience do you have growing?

Fill this out please.  It will get you quicker responses.  From what you said, I'm going to guess that you are over feeding them.

Quote:

Watered every two to three days, usually with nutrients.

and
Quote:

Foliar feeding every one or two days.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Re: Curling, yellowing and dieing leaves? [Re: muse42]
    #553352 - 05/05/11 06:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

grown from bag seed.
17 months from seed old
2.5ft to 3.5ft tall
7" x 7" x 9" deep containers with coco coir with vermiculite
watered every two to three days with tap water
~6.2 ph
Fertilizers:
*Foxfarm ig bloom: 0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7
* Tiger loom Extra Strength Fertilizer: 2 - 8 - 4
* Green Light Super Bloom: 12 - 55 - 6
Foliar feed with PH-adjusted tap water.
500w HPS
12 - 14 inches away from the lights
Temps etween 79f and 73f
I have never checked the PH of the soil.
No insects.
One previous grow with 1 plant

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

#553432 - 05/05/11 11:31 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I know nothing about soilless mediums, but I'm still going to say that you are over feeding them.

How far into flowering are you?

You also need to know what the PPM/EC of your tap water is.  Your tap water could be loaded with all kinds of crap and that combined with heavy feedings can burn the crap out of your plants.

Can you be more specific on your feeding schedule?  How often, how much of each nute listed. 
How often do you foliar feed?

Quote:

17 months from seed old

Your plants are 17 months old?

If I were you, based on the info you have given, I would flush now. EXPECIALY IF THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE.

I would use Distilled water and not tap water.  Run 3 times the volume of your container threw it.  If you have more flowering time left, I would feed lightly at the end of the flush.

I would stop using tap water until you test it, unless you know that your tap water is not the problem.

Good luck and please provide more info.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Curling, yellowing and dieing leaves? [Re: muse42]
    #553502 - 05/06/11 11:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I'd like to add an addendum to what muse said. 

Go ahead and flush with the distilled water, but make it a light nutrient solution.  Like 0.5ml - 1ml of just the tiger bloom per gallon you put through it.  A light nutrient solution will grab onto built up salts in your soil and drain them out more thoroughly than plain water.  Or better yet use a clearing solution from your hydro store.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Re: Curling, yellowing and dieing leaves? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #553765 - 05/07/11 11:47 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Go ahead and flush with the distilled water, but make it a light nutrient solution.  Like 0.5ml - 1ml of just the tiger bloom per gallon you put through it.  A light nutrient solution will grab onto built up salts in your soil and drain them out more thoroughly than plain water.  Or better yet use a clearing solution from your hydro store.

Thanks for being more specific, hawksapprentice

--------------------

Offlinelopan
 User Gallery

Re: Curling, yellowing and dieing leaves? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #553882 - 05/07/11 10:49 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

muse42 said:
I know nothing about soilless mediums, but I'm still going to say that you are over feeding them.

How far into flowering are you?

You also need to know what the PPM/EC of your tap water is.  Your tap water could be loaded with all kinds of crap and that combined with heavy feedings can burn the crap out of your plants.

Can you be more specific on your feeding schedule?  How often, how much of each nute listed. 
How often do you foliar feed?

Quote:

17 months from seed old

Your plants are 17 months old?

If I were you, based on the info you have given, I would flush now. EXPECIALY IF THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE.

I would use Distilled water and not tap water.  Run 3 times the volume of your container threw it.  If you have more flowering time left, I would feed lightly at the end of the flush.

I would stop using tap water until you test it, unless you know that your tap water is not the problem.

Good luck and please provide more info.

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I'd like to add an addendum to what muse said. 

Sorry, I meant weeks - not months.

I am approximately five week into flowering.

I have the tap water report for our drinking water as of 2009 but I do not know what to be looking for. 

I water every two to three days, depending on how moist the soil feels when I stick my finger into the top inch or so.  I add the recommended levels of nutrients per what is listed on the bottles: 2tsp of Tiger Bloom, 2tbs Foxfarm, 2tsp Super Bloom.

I was foliar feeding every day for a while, but haven't done so in about a week now.

Indeed things are getting worse, so I went ahead and flushed out the plants with only a very light Tiger Bloom solution in distilled water.

What should I be looking for in my tap water?  I had no problem with the plants during veg.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #554049 - 05/08/11 01:48 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Get a PPM meter.  Then you know exactly what your tap water is starting at. 

When watering it's better to go by weight than by if the top few inches feel dry.  Pick up your container directly after watering.  And then check every other day to see how much it lightens up.  I like to get mine pretty dry before I water again.

If you have a print out from your water company your going to be looking at what elements and waht concentrations they are at.  Iron etc.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds