Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVermilioNk
Stranger

Need help with outdoor grow op idea
    #552578 - 05/02/11 12:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hi im new around here, and to growing. Short story my family recently bought a property around 10 hours away from me with about 35,000 acres. My friends and I have been thinking about planting a crop somewhere on the property but we are not quite sure how to start, my friends have successful experience with growing outdoors but the problem is the travel. We all have commitments etc that we need to attend to which makes it difficult to spend lots of amount of time there. I would really like to plant 20+ plants.

So my questions are:

Would we need to start a large amount of indoor clones before we travel to the property? or would moving the plant at such a young age damage it (I don't know)

There is also some animals living on the property's such as sheep and kangaroos, would this endanger the plants?

Would the plants survive with minimal work after they have been planted?

What are the best ground conditions for growing?

How important is wind? Im worried that the plant might get destroyed in the weather.

* At the property I have access to digging machinery etc

* There is also numerous working water wells available

Thanks, VermilioNk

Edited by VermilioNk (05/03/11 01:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need help with outdoor grow op idea [Re: VermilioNk]
    #552589 - 05/02/11 01:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Would we need to make a large amount of indoor clones before we travel to the property? or would moving the plant at such a young age damage it (I don't know)

Clones would be your best bet. But since your asking basic questions I doubt your gonna "make" clones. Making small garden spots with ammended soil anthem just plant the seeds. Water and wait.

Quote:

There also many be some animals living on the property's such as sheep and kangaroos, would this endanger the plants?

Yes, make small cages or throw something that discourages animals from getting close. Moth balls works ok. And what are you in australia? Obviously with kangaroos.

Quote:

Would the plants survive with minimal work after they have been planted?

Yes, water and added nutrients to the soil will make them self sufficient.

Quote:

What are the best ground conditions for growing?

Good airy potting soil is best. But cannabis will grow in a variety of soils. Ph levels will be the thing to watch and adjust. So stay away from over acidy soils like clay.

Quote:

How important is wind? Im worried that the plant might get destroyed in the weather.

Plants if conditioned to the wind will grow sturdy stronger stalks. And should not be a real big concern unless your in a super windy area. If that's he case then try grow behind wind breaks. Shrubs and other small trees can be a natural wind break. But this is for extreme conditions. Since barriers also can block sun and rain.

Good to see the property has a well or several water spots. This will be the most important thing to have. If your going to run water lines though,  bury them. Air searches usually find crops by water line or irrigation.  Better if you can just water them with out running lines but to be self sufficient the will need a steady source of water.

Good luck on your endeavor!
And Welcome to The Growery!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineVermilioNk
Stranger

Re: Need help with outdoor grow op idea [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #552712 - 05/03/11 01:01 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you for answering all my questions it was very helpful. When would be the best time to harvest the plants? Say we planted them at the beginning of January what time would be best? Im worried about leaving them for to long therefor losing potency.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals