Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
    #544200 - 04/07/11 06:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

A while ago when I said MAPS was the best charity to donate to, someone said something along the lines of- "I love MAPS, but it would be much more helpful to donate money to feeding kids in third world countries!"

I get that but I feel like in the long run donating to MAPS is the best choice. :feelsgoodman:

When you donate to MAPS you donate to a charity whose mission is to re-establish psychedelic drugs, from cannabis to DMT and everything in between, as a valid medical, spiritual, and psycho-therapeutic tool.  :tmckenna:

This isn't immediate action, like saving one of the billions of people who will die of hunger, which I do believe is a beautiful thing to do and I encourage it.

But not only can psychedelics heal broken people but they inspire new thoughts, new dimensions of love, new  philosophies and intellectual curiosities that will could one day lead the way to saving our world.  :goodnews:

Look at the amazing people who have used psychedelics to create art and discover new realities. Think about all the people who make a difference today that were inspired by Baba Ram Dass, Francis Crick, Stanislav Grof, and Aldous Huxley.  :brilliant:

MAPS is such a beautiful thing.
:raveface:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies [Re: FRACTALife]
    #544215 - 04/07/11 07:14 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yea man let's just feed the starving kids magical fungus instead so they can enlightened past their hunger.  Win win.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies [Re: Tangerines]
    #544219 - 04/07/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Yea man let's just feed the starving kids magical fungus instead so they can enlightened past their hunger.  Win win.

:ilold:

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#544220 - 04/07/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

No no, I think he meant feed it to the people that already have all of their basic needs met enough to enjoy psychedelics so THEY can create new art and new dimensions of love in return making the world a better place for everyone.

I mean, the poor really don't need water, just a new dimension of love.:awebig:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies [Re: King Koopa]
    #544225 - 04/07/11 07:25 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

We can all use psychedelics as a learning tool which can not only find new scientific ways of feeding and healing people, but also create peace and love between people, and break down boundaries.
With world peace we would be able to use all the money we would have spent on defense and war to feed everyone and cure diseases.
:themoreyouknow:

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

#544226 - 04/07/11 07:26 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Yea let's just dose the water supply with LSD.  I am sure world peace will ensue when everyone and their grandma is trippin balls.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#544230 - 04/07/11 07:31 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

All's Muammar Gaddafi needs is just an eighth of some good cubes?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#544232 - 04/07/11 07:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FRACTALife said:
We can all use psychedelics as a learning tool which can not only find new scientific ways of feeding and healing people, but also create peace and love between people, and break down boundaries.
With world peace we would be able to use all the money we would have spent on defense and war to feed everyone and cure diseases.

If you are really serious about this don't tell a bunch potheads that do nothing but create what-if scenarios with aliens and write poems to each other, you need to write a letter to the President, the world needs you, don't let us down.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #545237 - 04/11/11 11:10 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

MAPS had a HUGE plug at the alex grey talk on saturday night.  He talked them up a lot, but not near as much as he talked about tool.  nice post though. I'll have more to contribute later on.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
Re: Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies [Re: FurrowedBrow] * 1
    #545241 - 04/11/11 11:21 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i don't see how this would change the world for the better.

drugs are not for everyone.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies [Re: MFDoom666]
    #545243 - 04/11/11 11:33 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

no, they certainly aren't.  but they can be a catalyst to the most amazing achievements imaginable by man.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Re: Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #545246 - 04/11/11 11:42 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yea, but helping other causes might be a little more effective.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#545258 - 04/11/11 12:13 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

perhaps in the short term.  But for the long term, I think that psychedelics are the key to which we can unlock a sustained future of our species.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

#545265 - 04/11/11 12:22 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i'll believe that when i see it.

as a user of psychs, i think this is a bunch of bullshit.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #545347 - 04/11/11 05:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I believe!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#545393 - 04/11/11 06:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MFDoom666 said:

why is that?  Do you ever wonder where we would be at without psychedelics?  I think it's possible that without them (or at least their popular emergence in the 50-60s) our species wouldn't even exist.  That's obviously an extreme, but it seems possible.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

#545394 - 04/11/11 06:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

i think everything would be alright.

not dissing the power of psychs but come on.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#545401 - 04/11/11 07:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

:shrug:

Like FL said, this isn't about the individual.  Psychedelics obviously show us that.  We are in this thing together.  Jump on the bus and help us wage peace and love instead of war and famine.  that's not really directed at you, mfd, but just a general statement.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#545419 - 04/11/11 07:40 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

MFDoom666 said:

why is that?  Do you ever wonder where we would be at without psychedelics?  I think it's possible that without them (or at least their popular emergence in the 50-60s) our species wouldn't even exist.  That's obviously an extreme, but it seems possible.

We can;t possibly know what the world would be without psychedelics, that's entering a realm of imagination. Do you really think without psychs, there would be no humans, where you getting such ideas?  Is this what they are "preaching" at the MAPS conference, or just some recycled revelations passed down from generations of tripping in America?

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Jump on the bus and help us wage peace and love instead of war and famine.  that's not really directed at you, mfd, but just a general statement.

A world with no war would be a world with no people. If history has taught us anything, it's that conflict is as much a part of us as love.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies [Re: King Koopa]
    #545444 - 04/11/11 08:29 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Quote:

MFDoom666 said:

We can;t possibly know what the world would be without psychedelics, that's entering a realm of imagination. Do you really think without psychs, there would be no humans, where you getting such ideas?  Is this what they are "preaching" at the MAPS conference, or just some recycled revelations passed down from generations of tripping in America?

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Jump on the bus and help us wage peace and love instead of war and famine.  that's not really directed at you, mfd, but just a general statement.

A world with no war would be a world with no people. If history has taught us anything, it's that conflict is as much a part of us as love.

welcome back!  Hopefully your abstinence from the growery was productive.  And come on, that's the most extreme hypothetical imaginable.  It's not something i have any belief in, as there's simply no evidence for it.  However, the point was that it may be an extreme, but I still feel that it lies within the realm of possibilities.  but this is a side issue. 

and to clarify....MAPS is an organization that funds research to help people.  That's their primary goal.  All of us that have any experience with these drugs know that there's a ton of benefit to be gained from them.  Not just with a boost of creativity, but helping people process and move on from a traumatic event like a rape or PTSD from serving in Iraq.  These issues deserve our full support.  It's an absolute abomination of humanity to deprive EVERYONE from being healed because of politics.  It sickens me.  This is an issue that deals with not just a single person, town, society, or country.  It's an issue relavent to all human beings.  Now, to say that it's the most important issue is just a personal opinion.  Also, if you want to know what MAPS talks about at their conferences you can view most of the talks from the conference last year on their website.  and you can read this thread for more fun.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder