Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Soil w/nutrients
    #541745 - 03/30/11 03:42 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My friend and I finally know what we wanna grow this year, and we're growing outdoors. I'm looking for a soil composition that will take care of most of my plants nutritional needs. I'm still planning on buying an nute kit, but I really don't want to be adding in tons of nutes. I want to have a composition that will take care of most of the needs maybe adding nutes at 1/4 strength or maybe add some nutes in once every 2 weeks.

I feel like giving nutes to a plant will really mess me up and that's why I want to do it this way. Unless someone can point me to a very step-by-step do this on this day, do this on that day nute guide.

I also plan to grow some autoflowers, and this is why I would like a very balanced not over the top nuted soil.

I'm not looking for a million dollar plant grow here(in terms of quality, I am spending money where needed.) I just want these damn plants to grow, and be good quality.

Also if anyone could point me in the direction of some good cheaper or more expensive soil + some good pots.

I'm gonna be growing about 10-15 plants.

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

Edited by juslikejesus (03/30/11 03:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Soil w/nutrients [Re: juslikejesus]
    #541754 - 03/30/11 04:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I still stand by the old faithful cow dung!
It Has to be died and seasoned dung though. Otherwise it will be to hot.
I have used this all my life with great results! And all you have to do is mix it into your soil. No need going back and forth to add nutes every other day. But that's just my opinion. :shrug: Don't want to be leaving trails to your area!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlinejuslikejesus
Your Name Is My Name Too
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Soil w/nutrients [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #541757 - 03/30/11 04:27 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

alrighty, thanks I'm not an expert on cow shit so can you tell me where to get some of this super-poo. Yeah don't worry my backyards grass is already crappy so I don't think anyone will notice my trail or me walking to my greenhouse.

Thanks a bunch by the way, do you ever nute or does he cow dung actually have all the nutes in it ?

--------------------
When answering a question I ask, feel free to elaborate, feel free to direct me to other threads and or internet resources. I WANT to hear good information, try to make it so I don't have to answer anymore questions. I've read a lot if I ask a question it's because I want to here more.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Soil w/nutrients [Re: juslikejesus]
    #541776 - 03/30/11 07:11 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

As far as getting cow dung, well you can buy it sometimes from garden shops. But if you have a stock yard or cattle auctions anywhere close by, they usually have piles out back from the sales. Or there is always the pick the piles scenerio in a field. As far as nutes go.....

NPK Values of Animal Manures N Nitrogen % P Phosphorus % K Potassium (Potash) %
                        N.    P.    K.
Cow Manure 0.6/ 0.4/ 0.5
Horse Manure 0.7/ 0.3/ 0.6
Pig Manure 0.8/ 0.7/ 0.5
Chicken Manure 1.1/ 0.8/ 0.5
Sheep Manure 0.7/ 0.3 /0.9
Rabbit Manure 2.4/ 1.4/ 0.6

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom