Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Herbabis Rum
    #540303 - 03/26/11 08:51 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

So,  my original goal was just to make some skunk/weed flavored alcohol. Just for the novelty, nothing more really.

What I've been doing is taking all the fan leafs that got burned or yellowed up and putting them in a waterbottle full of rum. Every few days, I drain the rum into another bottle leaving the old leafs behind and put them into a bag (leaving me an empty bottle to swap back to). I keep the bottles in a cold dark drawer in between drainings.

Very slowly its stopping smelling like rum, and starting to smell like plant material. Not so much skunk or cannabis, but just plant material :shrug: Kinda fruity almost.

When I'm finished, I'm going to strain it with a coffee filter and stick it in the freezer and do a shot. Maybe it'll make me high, maybe it'll just be a flavored shot of rum. Maybe it'll make me sick from contaminants, maybe I won't feel anything.

Just kinda documenting a little experiment here. If anyone has some experience with anything like this, feel free to speak up.

Edit: I should mention that was CLEAR rum when I started.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Edited by RasJeph (03/26/11 08:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Herbabis Rum [Re: RasJeph]
    #540307 - 03/26/11 09:06 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

If its just fan leaves then you wont get high, especially if they're yellow and dying haha. I think its just gonna taste weird. Still a cool novelty though, if you whipped it out at a party I would chug it down :awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #540310 - 03/26/11 09:09 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

White rum - the devil in disguise.

I don't know what alcohol could pull out of the plant material besides cannabinoids and chlorophyll. I don't think anyone's died from cannabis extracts yet, so it should be non-lethal.

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
Re: Herbabis Rum [Re: DungenessDank]
    #540317 - 03/26/11 09:21 AM (13 years, 6 days ago)

im doing something similiar ras, but im making herbshine...

take like a plant fully budded, put it in a 5gallon bucket with water, with bout a bag of sugar, and a few packs of yeast...seal it and let it ferment for a few weeks....

u'll need a sthill.

make the cooch the herbcooch...herbshine w\e i think when im gonna do it tho imm going too put the plant material into the sthill with the liquid, try too get the most out of it...

hell u can make shine out of anything and everything else, why not herbski's?

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Herbabis Rum [Re: Canaman]
    #540372 - 03/26/11 01:12 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Hmmm, wouldn't the distilling process break down any THC? Or, is that not what you're going for?

And yeah, I'm not expecting much high from it at all. I do have  buddy who had a (literal) garbage bag full of stems we made iso oil from once. The "high" didn't last very long, but it certainly got a little bit of a buzz going.

--------------------

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #540379 - 03/26/11 01:16 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Hooch not cooch

Hooch is alcohol and,
Cooch is pusssaayyyy!
:facepalm: can't believe I had to explain that!:lol:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
Re: Herbabis Rum [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #540389 - 03/26/11 02:06 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

hahaha no shit eh, i blame typo :laugh2: ...
o and ras i wouldn't think u would get high off it, but it would def have marijane traits in the liquor, smell, taste...be hard too tell if u get buzzed tho since the shine is like 180proof....

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
    #540838 - 03/27/11 10:55 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

you will not get any THC in the moonshine bc THC boils at ~315oF, as where water boils at 212oF, and alcohol boils at 172oF. Any still you build, no matter how good or shitty...as you increase the % alcohol you are lowering the water content bc it has a higher boiling point than alcohol, and does not vaporize as quickly as the boiling alcohol. So in moonshine you typically have  ~75-95% abv, and the remainder is water, so ~5-25% water, of that percent of water, you are going to get about 0-10% THC due to the bigger gap in boiling points b/w water and THC vs. the boiling point difference b/w alcohol and water. So at best you will end up with 2.5% THC by volume. But this is more likely to swing toward the 0% estimate bc I'm pretty sure the % in the distillate as a function of temperature difference is more of a logarithmic relationship than a linear relationship.

You could use this same still idea along with an cannabis exract to distill pure THC out of a cannabis extract using a fractionating column still with a large condenser to catch the viscous cannabinoids and terpenes that will come off with each temperature step..and you could rig up the condenser so that you can flush the tubes with low BP solvent to remove each fraction that comes out and evaporate later.

I might try this at some point...gotta get good with copper soldiering first :awecid:

peace,
agmotes165

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Re: Herbabis Rum [Re: Data]
    #540897 - 03/28/11 06:13 AM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Well, I was buzzed yesterday and took a shot of my rum lol. At this rate, theres not gonna be any left.

But it tasted really awesome :eek: I usually get liquor shivers from smelling it (I assume because I alcohol poisoned myself when I was younger) and it doesn't give me them at all.

This is cheap as fuck rum too...literally like $12 for 2 liters. It burned after it went down, but the flavor I added in was very noticable. Cool.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#542138 - 04/01/11 12:57 PM (13 years, 4 hours ago)

Update: Well, I just strained the last batch of leafs I plan on running through that water bottle. I strained the rum through a coffee filter and put it in a glass jug to go in the back of my freezer.

I'm interested to see if any of it freezes (as it really completely doesn't smell like rum anymore, I'm wondering how much of the water from the fresh leafs was lost in the rum...)

Will report back in tomorrow. I'm gonna not smoke or drink all day tomorrow, and do a shot of it in the morning. I KNOW I'm not going to get high...but on the off chance I do, I'd like to know so I can be prepared for it and not just drink the whole jug with only intending to be drunk :lol:

Regardless, I'm drinking the rest of it on 4/20 for my birthday. If it tastes as good as it did when I was drunk 4 days ago, this is where all my fan leafs will go from now on.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom