Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Breeding question
    #539991 - 03/25/11 12:47 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

So today i flipped a few of my best female phenos to flower that will be getting pollinated in a few weeks by a kushberry male. The females being pollinated are Sleestack, Kandy Kush, Kings Kush, and Matanuska Tundra. I usually average about 2 1/2- 3 ounces per plant dry. I was wondering how much of that weight will be loss due to the production of seeds?

This my first go at breeding and I will further stabalize the crosses after i move into a new house.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Breeding question [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #540036 - 03/25/11 01:55 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Wait till the buds are about 4 weeks old. Once pollinated they will focus on the seeds and not get a whole lot bigger but they will continue to grow just not at the same speed they were before being pollinated.

and a little depends on how pollinated they are. A few seeds per bud will hardly be noticeable as compared to tons of seeds per bud like Mexican weed.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Breeding question [Re: Magash]
    #540044 - 03/25/11 02:31 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

I wanna have enough seeds in order to further stabalize the crosses. So what do you think would be the best way to pollinate? I want a decent amount of seeds to work with, but not full of seeds like the mexican brick.  As of right now i have 6 females and 1 male in the room. Should i take him out until the 4th week? Or should i take him out a few days before the sacks start to open up and then dust the females on the 4th week? Or would i be better off collecting the pollen in a seperate room?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Offlinecsmandpking
Shroomer
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #540050 - 03/25/11 02:55 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Tiny paint brush with a vial of pollen. Lower buds are always nice.

--------------------
The monster is always in us...

you are smart baby!
cept for when youre really high...then you turn into my other boyfriend dippy.

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Breeding question [Re: csmandpking]
    #540061 - 03/25/11 04:31 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

I'd suggest what some other people have said. Take a brush and pollenate the lower branches. To spare the top cola, or any you want to be sensimilla, put a plastic bag over it so the pollen doesn't get to it easily. You'll still get a few seeds in that cola but that's better than the whole crop being seeded. Some people I know don't like seeded weed.

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Breeding question [Re: Cannasaurus]
    #540067 - 03/25/11 05:34 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

Well the seeded weed wont be for any clubs or patient use solely for breeding purposes. All mj for medicinal purposes are grown at a complete different location. I've read the post about using a small brush. That would make things a lil tougher due to the fact that i would have to take the male out of the room before the sacks open up, and set some bs lighting up.  Last time i tried just collecting the pollen and it didnt work out so well. I waited until the sacks started to open up then harvested all the lil sacks, and it seems like there was barely enough pollen to do anything with. I just wanna have enough seeds to continue my studies, but i dont want beans flying everywhere when i crack a bud open. I guess basically i wanna kill 2 birds with one stone. Meaning i want a decent amount of personal smoke, with beans of my new cross. The fact that this batch will have seeds doesnt bother me. As i have perpetual sensimilia growing.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #541823 - 03/30/11 11:06 PM (13 years, 1 day ago)

I don't pollinate my plants but I remember that some one else let the male flower in a sepereate room and collected the pollen sack in a plastic bag.  The person made sure they cleaned them-self thoroughly and then would put a budding  branch into the vip-lock
to pollinate the nug.

Seems like a good way to prevent pollen from getting to the rest of your colas... :shrug:

--------------------
x:tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck