Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
Time For Some "Gumby" Hash
    #529615 - 02/22/11 03:56 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

so im too cheap too buy some bubble bags...

materials needed:
---------------------
2 5gallon pale CLEAN
2 bags of ice
Mixing drill mixer
Mixing Drill (optional)
2 aluminum strainer
7feet of hose
Turkey baseter
1 mason jar

o ya and some shake n buds

Steps
-----------
put your ice into the 5gallon pale. Now put your shake n budz into the pale, fill the pale with cold water about 2\3rds full...
Now if your lazy you can mix it with a drill, i prefer the ol fashion way, take your mixing paddle and start mixing for a good 15-20minutes...This is the most IMPORTANT step, do not under do this process.

Now that you have mixed for 20minutes, Put your strainer over your other CLEAN 5gallon bucket and strain out the material with ice thus only liquid should remain in your pale, Seperate the ice from the shake, and hand squeeze the shake into the pale.

Now clean your original bucket, and re sift your liquid a second time too make shure your collect all the garbage....You should have a nice golden brown color too your liquid.

Now put your bucket at a higher elevation and let it sit for 4 hours UNDISTURBED, this is very important that you do not tuch or bother the bucket as millions and millions of trichomes will be collecting at the bottom of the bucket...

After your 4 hours are over, sift out the liquid into your other bucket until about 1\2inch of liquid remain over your nice golden brown hash material, Now take your turkey baster and sift as much liquid with out tuching your material....

In a swirling motion, swirl the remaining water with the material at the bottom of the bucket and pour into the mason jar...

Now let the mason jar sit for another 2hours undisturbed, again do not tuch or disturb the jar millions and millions of trichomes are falling to the bottom...

Now take your turkey baseter and with the remaining water sift it out as close as possible too the good stuff...

Drying:
-----------------

Take too sheets of wax paper and place in a plate, on top of a heating pad.
Take your turkey baseter and suck out everything including remaining water(shouldnt be much water) and put it onto the wax paper.

Drying will take several hours 4-12hours. If you find there is too much water, take paper towel and dab it abit...if you are very impatient you can put a fan on it with some incandanscent light bulb.

when you see its 70% dry, form your material into a ball...let it dry some more and work the ball again until u will eventually have a black ball of Gumby Hash....

In the process of making it right now will post some pics tomorrow when its complete...

hope some one else can enjoy this technique as i will

again an inexpensive way too making bubble hash

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Time For Some "Gumby" Hash [Re: Canaman]
    #529622 - 02/22/11 04:24 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

i read up on this method a while ago for future reference :thumbup:

i look forward to seeing how it turns out :awesomenod:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Re: Time For Some "Gumby" Hash [Re: Shaggy420]
    #529639 - 02/22/11 05:41 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

im on my last sift right now, kinda getn impatient....lol i bet im gonna be the type with fans and light bulbs all around it while drying...one more hour too go then its dry time :rasta:

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #529668 - 02/22/11 07:42 PM (13 years, 28 days ago)

I could see myself trying this.  Thanks for sharing!  I would love to know the amount and type of material you started with vs your yield.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Re: Time For Some "Gumby" Hash [Re: muse42]
    #529758 - 02/22/11 11:22 PM (13 years, 27 days ago)

i used about a quarter of bud, and i would say roughly 100grams of shake and stem. Rule of thumb usualy with hash is too expect 10-15% yield of original weight...so im hoping i can come on top with 10grams, would be nice...looks like ill be getting a little less, will know tomorrow.

OfflineShaggy420
Male

#529823 - 02/23/11 03:26 AM (13 years, 27 days ago)

id do a lot of bad things for 10 grams of hash :awesomenod:

--------------------

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Re: Time For Some "Gumby" Hash [Re: Shaggy420]
    #529877 - 02/23/11 10:15 AM (13 years, 27 days ago)

time too smoke a nice zeppelin, so i came out with about 7-8grams.
only thing is i fucked up, over slept today and i didnt work the hash into a ball when it was still wet, thats ok tho its still hard but turned into a blonde color instead of black

smoke report:
--------------
nice smooth taste, aroma is very delightfull a real nice head high and body buzz

time more some pics:stoned:

heres a pics of some keif ive been collecting of a bit now

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #530190 - 02/24/11 12:19 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

Looks great to me.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Time For Some "Gumby" Hash [Re: muse42]
    #530247 - 02/24/11 09:08 AM (13 years, 26 days ago)

:aweoverdose:

--------------------

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
    #530564 - 02/25/11 01:51 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

put your ice into the 5gallon pale. Now put your shake n budz into the pale, fill the pale with cold water about 2\3rds full...

Amount of water would really just depend on amount of starting material; the above is more like a max. limit.

Quote:

Now if your lazy you can mix it with a drill, i prefer the ol fashion way, take your mixing paddle and start mixing for a good 15-20minutes...This is the most IMPORTANT step, do not under do this process.

I have trouble agreeing with this, or at least the wording of the statement- Overdoing the stirring step will result in contaminated hash, not more hash.  "Underdoing" the stirring step just means you need to run your starting material a second time.  There are bubblehash connoisseurs who are only hand-stirring there work-bag for 6-9minutes for the first run.

Quote:

Canaman said:
Now put your bucket at a higher elevation and let it sit for 4 hours UNDISTURBED, this is very important that you do not tuch or bother the bucket as millions and millions of trichomes will be collecting at the bottom of the bucket...

After your 4 hours are over, sift out the liquid into your other bucket until about 1\2inch of liquid remain over your nice golden brown hash material, Now take your turkey baster and sift as much liquid with out tuching your material....

Most people sharing on the interwebz agree that 4hrs is too long for this step...I think it would be best to siphon that water out much, much sooner and if you're worried that you sucked up any hash, than simply run that water through 20μ-40μ mesh screen (only a few dollars from Amazon) to catch anything worth saving. 

Quote:

when you see its 70% dry, form your material into a ball...let it dry some more and work the ball again until u will eventually have a black ball of Gumby Hash....

Drying hash with light bulbs and pressing wet hash is all bad advice-- this really sounds like the worst possible way to go about drying water hash.  Cardboard is the way to go.

:ganja:  Now all that being said, your run looks great.  This method works great for people, I just think it's too bad that it is referred to so often as "gumby" hash, as if some guy on YouTube was the first person to conceive of this method--- which the guy actually does claim!  Bullcrap.  Then he doesn't even offer any sort of unique steps or advice.

Thanks for sharing your results.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Re: Time For Some "Gumby" Hash [Re: Psuper]
    #530566 - 02/25/11 04:36 AM (13 years, 25 days ago)

ok you might know how too make bubble hash, this has nothing too do with making bubble hash and screens its about letting gravity do the work, so forget what you said, no offence buddy....and you will not "over beat" your hash mixing by hand for 15-20min, mixin with a high power drill, possibilities are there but not by hand....

any ways i used this method, got my 10% of hash of what i used too make it with and the hash is fuken incredible

ive never tried the cardboard too dry, but personaly the wax paper worked pretty good.

o ya you dont do runs in this method, like i said you let gravity do the work read the process more carefully next time before you go posting a bunch of sillyness

and i never said u have to dry your hash with light bulbs and press wet hash,
i said if your really impatient "you can", and for pressing it the material is nearly dry when you work it not "wet" as you claim, so dont put words in my mouth

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

#530651 - 02/25/11 03:50 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

I was just discussing the topic at hand, offering a critique, not trying to rip on ya or be rude.  :flowers:

I realize that the method is supposed to be as simple as possible and not use screens, so maybe you could say it was a bit funny of me to mention using a 20μ-40μ to drain all the siphoned water off-- but again, Iam just discussing ideas about your topic, not telling you off.  But really, you're already using a colander/strainer so what Iam proposing isn't any huge jump in reasoning.  The mesh screen I mentioned above would be the same price as a kitchen strainer anyways.

Iam actually planning on trying something similar in the next few weeks but with the addition of two screens and an actual drying/pressing screen (which is usually 25μ nylon mesh; a piece of real silk also works fine) which makes handling the wet hash much easier and allows excess water to drain.  So I was really interested to see your results...your final product looks great too. 

And I know it's not the same as running your material through bags, but I brought up my points because these are very basic principles were working with here in this method-- ice-hash, water-hash, bubblehash, "gumby", the isolation of the glandular heads of trichomes away from contaminants in H2O...

Quote:

o ya you dont do runs in this method, like i said you let gravity do the work read the process more carefully next time before you go posting a bunch of sillyness

I've read of folks doing a couple runs of the same starting material using the method you describe.

Gravity applies to a lot that we do...it applies in the same exact way to any water-hash method, unless maybe you were using some kind of as-of-yet uninvented vacuum system.  Gravity isn't one of the variables.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Re: Time For Some "Gumby" Hash [Re: Psuper]
    #530652 - 02/25/11 04:04 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

i agree it would make it alot easier collecting the wet hash with a nylon screen, would eliminate the process of waiting an additional 2hours when transfered into a jar, then again this would implement a different method,

cant wait too see you try it would like too see your end result is, maybe ill copy kat it if it turns out real nice....any ways appreciate the feed back stay high be easy.

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

Invisibledouble
Diesel

#530965 - 02/26/11 02:58 PM (13 years, 24 days ago)

thanks for sharing :happyweed:

pics may fulfill the tutorial greatly

OfflineCannasaurus
Pollen Chucker

Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Time For Some "Gumby" Hash [Re: double]
    #539882 - 03/25/11 12:13 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

^^ How is cardboard the best way to dry water hash? How does that work?

I have a batch three hours into the four hour resting period and I am trying to figure out what "sifting" the water out means but I think I get it. Basically getting hte water out without disturbing what has sunk to the bottom. Groovy.

--------------------
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
-Albert Einstein

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Re: Time For Some "Gumby" Hash [Re: Cannasaurus]
    #539894 - 03/25/11 01:23 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cannasaurus said:
^^ How is cardboard the best way to dry water hash? How does that work?

The dry cardboard sucks moisture away from wet hash.  After a while you chop or break up the hash further into little crumbs.  It takes minimum 3 days to dry hash completely. 

If you're pressing hash while it is still wet it will take more hand-pressing to get excess moisture out.  It's also common to freeze hash balls/chunks than wipe the excess moisture off the surface.  Poorly stored it can even mold.

Quote:

Cannasaurus said:

I have a batch three hours into the four hour resting period...

A lot of folks who try this report back that it doesn't take this long to layer out.

If you're worried that the water being siphoned from above the settled trichome layer contains anything worth collecting you can run that collected water through a mesh filter with a size of somewhere around 20-30 microns.  But I've actually gone through the trouble of doing this and it is not necessary-- all the trichomes settle on the bottom before 60 minutes is up.  Just keep it cold.

Quote:

Cannasaurus said:
...I am trying to figure out what "sifting" the water out means but I think I get it. Basically getting hte water out without disturbing what has sunk to the bottom. Groovy.

Yeah, it's a strange choice of words, but you got it.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale