Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe boat
Stranger

Beginer as fuck (outdoor bagseed) need lotsa help.
    #527792 - 02/16/11 01:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So I'm new here, a few or you have probably seen me floatin around the shroomery but I never got around to making an account here so I hope I fit in nicely here.

Any ways... Yeah so um, first off your going to have to forgive me for being a complete n00ber, I've been wanting too grow for hobbie, save mad $$$ and to gett high as shit in a few months :smirk:. I'm aware that growing season is just around the corner so I'm tryin to turn a bag seed (multiple?) into a fat ass bag of skunky funky, hehe.

I've been tokin buddys with plenty of growers and I was some what involved in a few of them but I haven't really done much with growing mary jane on my own. I would  ask you guys what I don't know, but it would be a much shorter list if is posted what I do know :rolleyes::tongue2:

So I have done some research. I know how to germinate seeds by putting it between wet paper towels and putting a plate or bowl over it. I also know your supposed to get a healthy seed with no cracks/ healthy dark brown/ black color, the green and ones aren't mature and the tan/ light brown ones are dead. After the seeds start to grow a white root type thingy plant it in some soil by stabbing a pencil in it and puting the white root up (or is it down?)

I'm leaning towards getting some soil from a public garden people grow tomatoes in, I hear tomatoes and pot grow similar. Don't worry, i'm not planting it in the garden. :laugh2: I really don't feel like buying soil, but will if I must.

Should i plant it in a pot then put the pot in a hole? If so can I use the milk bottle with the top cut off? It would be tons easier honestly. I also heard about femalee and male seeds and how you don't want the males cause they wont get you  :awehigh:. I'm not buying feminized seeds or whatever they're called. I heard some shit about doing it yourself by putting a peace of banana peel in a paper bag with the seeds. Should I do this or just plant multiple to increase my chances of getting a female?

inb4 read grow guides faggot. I would rather have direct info that I can question..

Thanks in advance for the help, I apologize for the n00batory you just had to witness, I realise that I probably just made my self look stupid in ways I can only imagine :stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Beginer as fuck (outdoor bagseed) need lotsa help. [Re: The boat]
    #527863 - 02/16/11 05:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The boat said:
So I have done some research. I know how to germinate seeds by putting it between wet paper towels and putting a plate or bowl over it. I also know your supposed to get a healthy seed with no cracks/ healthy dark brown/ black color, the green and ones aren't mature and the tan/ light brown ones are dead. After the seeds start to grow a white root type thingy plant it in some soil by stabbing a pencil in it and puting the white root up (or is it down?)
Stab it with a pencil?? Why?? Are you trying to make a shish-kabob? Maybe picking it up with tweezers would be better...
I'm leaning towards getting some soil from a public garden people grow tomatoes in, I hear tomatoes and pot grow similar. Don't worry, i'm not planting it in the garden. :laugh2: I really don't feel like buying soil, but will if I must.
For good quality herb, you must. Fox Farms or happy frog are recommended a lot for new growers. Or you could find a recipe for your own on here by one of the many cultivators on here

Should i plant it in a pot then put the pot in a hole?
you mean put the plastic pot you started the plant in? Put that in the ground with the plant? The point of planting in the ground is to maximize the availability of root space. Most people dig a large (4'x4' or larger) hole for each plant, and fill that hole with their own soil mix.

If so can I use the milk bottle with the top cut off? It would be tons easier honestly.
I would recommend using all the proper equipment for growing. New pots are a negligible cost, and used ones at the greenhouse or flower shop can be free, if you do it right.

I also heard about femalee and male seeds and how you don't want the males cause they wont get you  :awehigh:. I'm not buying feminized seeds or whatever they're called.
why not? These are 99.99% garenteed to be female.
I heard some shit about doing it yourself by putting a peace of banana peel in a paper bag with the seeds. Should I do this or just plant multiple to increase my chances of getting a female?
I'm 95% sure that you cannot do anything to influence gender in a seed after its already been pollinated...

inb4 read grow guides faggot. I would rather have direct info that I can question..

Thanks in advance for the help, I apologize for the n00batory you just had to witness, I realise that I probably just made my self look stupid in ways I can only imagine :stoned:

Its not as bad as you think... but at the same time, that was some n00bery... :lol:

OfflineThe boat
Stranger

Re: Beginer as fuck (outdoor bagseed) need lotsa help. [Re: Tank333]
    #527870 - 02/16/11 05:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Haha, well stab wasn't really the right word. More ''poke'' a little indention and lay your seed down in it and cover it up. Just to be clear, after germinating the seeds you gotta put the little tail in the hole first right?

also the reason I want the makeshift pot to be there is cause I was going to take the garden dirt. It would be easy as shit filling one of those big ol' fruit punch jugs with the top cut off and holes in the bottom with that shit and taking it in to the woods. I would just put like half of it in the ground just so it wont get knocked over and it aint going no where, also be easy to find.

I really don't see whyy I would have to buy the dirt, thats just a pain in the ass realy. Expecially doing a bunch of shovel work... shit. the dirt is already at the place, they have it in these little sections for anyone to use with the dirt there. Plenty of people grow quality fruits/ vegtables there. I don't see why my buds deserve a special treatment.

And no I'm not ordering marijuana seeds through the mail. I just don't want to do that shit.

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#527895 - 02/16/11 06:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well then, go ahead... take a dozen bagseed, throw em in a milk jug and toss em in the woods, and come back in 3-4 months... you'll have some treezzz growin', man!

Do you really think its that easy???
Why do you think the marijuanna bible is 500+ pages, with full color pictures and illustrations?? Why do you think this forum has hundreds of hours of reading on technical discussions of feeding schedules and genetics and a plethora of other topics that revolve around the art that is marijuanna cultivation?!?!

Either be a lazy ass and do what you want, or take some advise, and read up on this subject before you do anything... either way, gtfo this forum until you're ready to listen to the advise YOU asked for!!!

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineThe boat
Stranger

#527924 - 02/16/11 06:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Brah don't shit yourself what are you going to have a tempper tantrum over the  internet? I don't have to gtfo off anything  bitch what are you going to beat my ass online?  :seriousbusiness:

I WILL take your advice if you give me a reason too.  I'm asking questions so go eat a big fat cow dick if your going to get mad over it. I'm not doing more work then I have too I could give a shit less about your marijuana bible and yeah I do think it's that eeasy to grow weed I want to grow a few plants i'm not using fucking feeding schedules and genetics and a plethora and fucking shit eating and cock sucking and whatever other shit you want me to do it's a plant that grows naturally I just wanna get high I don't  want a high tech laboratory full of boiling test tubes and shit so get the fuck out of my thread with that shit.  Weed isnt my fucking life or specialty or anything I already made that clear so  :blowjob:  :eatadick:  :ass2mouth:  :spit:  :blowme:  :ass2mouth:

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#527938 - 02/16/11 07:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Haha... Someone found the emoticons...

It's whatever though man. I took the time to break down your post and give you some advise and you said "That's a pain in the ass, I want to do it my way".

So go do it. I can see now why it gets harder and harder for anyone to help people they don't already know on this forum...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineThe boat
Stranger

#527947 - 02/16/11 07:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Haha... Someone found the emoticons...

It's whatever though man. I took the time to break down your post and give you some advise and you said "That's a pain in the ass, I want to do it my way".

So go do it. I can see now why it gets harder and harder for anyone to help people they don't already know on this forum...

Nah i've been a member on the shroomery for years I have like 1000 postts I definitly didnt just find the emoticons.

I was more asking why that way is better then my way because again, I don't want to do more then I have too.

And don't get me wrong I apreciated you braking down my post. I obviously need help so don't be so quick to say ''ok whatever man i dun give a fuck''

So if all that shit  really is important, witch I doubt it is, explain. I'm all ears.

OfflineThe boat
Stranger

#527950 - 02/16/11 07:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

and trust me i'm reading up my balls off on growing weed outdoors

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#527960 - 02/16/11 08:03 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

If you truly are "reading your balls off" then you should know that there's no easy way to do this. Well, there is, really... but you won't get any sort of quality smoke from it.

Bottom line dude, the more work you put into this, the better quality it's going to be. If you don't care that you're smoking crap, then by all means, don't give your ladies any special attention.

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineThe boat
Stranger

#527964 - 02/16/11 08:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That's probably what I should of said in the first place, I actually DON'T care to have super high quality as of right now. It's my first grow, I want a good quantity of something that will get me high one way or another. I mean i'm just starting, trust me in the future i'll be growin some sensi lemon blueberry kush #3 with echnical discussions of feeding schedules and genetics and a plethora. :lol:

As of right now, can you please tell me the easy way?

OfflineCarcass

#528258 - 02/17/11 05:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

oops, seems like someone around the topic cannot be cool about any compliments? he had just tried to warn you that this growing process is harder than you think and you should work hard if you want to get successeful results. SMOKE MORE WEED BRO. IT SEEMS YOU HAVEN'T GOT ENOUGH STRESS HANDLER MOOD. SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE lalala lalala

OfflineThe boat
Stranger

Re: Beginer as fuck (outdoor bagseed) need lotsa help. [Re: Carcass]
    #528290 - 02/17/11 06:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Carcass said:
oops, seems like someone around the topic cannot be cool about any compliments? he had just tried to warn you that this growing process is harder than you think and you should work hard if you want to get successeful results. SMOKE MORE WEED BRO. IT SEEMS YOU HAVEN'T GOT ENOUGH STRESS HANDLER MOOD. SMOKE SMOKE SMOKE lalala lalala

Yeah i guess i kinda read it in an agressive tone for some reason.

Don't worry bro i'm to high to move :lol:

and yeah i got my shit in ordor now i think i am gonna buy some soil just cause i really want this to work. i got some ph testing papers (forgot what they are called) and i founds  some pots in my garage that i'll start out on till i can tell if its a dude or chick plant then ill transplant the chicks and fuck up the guys shits. also would you guys recomend useing compost insted of mirical grow and that sorta shit cause i could easily get a compost goin

Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

#529236 - 02/20/11 10:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

listen to tank , you might learn something~

~humble people know everything~

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: Beginer as fuck (outdoor bagseed) need lotsa help. [Re: dmtcorey]
    #537773 - 03/18/11 03:00 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Tank should chill out but he is sorta right...

Use a milk carton if you want, just make sure its not  transparent.  People start seeds in red party cups to save the $

No need for Feminized seeds but if you are growing guerrilla status then you are lugging water and nutes to plants that have the potential to give you nothing. But its not the biggest deal to wait for sex signs and get rid of the males.
Clones (from a reliable source) are great to work with.

You do not need to buy soil, but I would at least recommend for you to look into making your own soil mix to insure lots of nutritional health for your plants. Why not let them grow to their full potential?

--------------------
x:tongue:

Offlinemrliam1
Stranger

#665292 - 04/08/13 06:17 AM (10 years, 11 months ago)

i like the way you handled that my friend, im a complete noob also so yeah:/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale