Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Changing Negativity into Positivity (short rant & vid) * 1
    #527563 - 02/15/11 04:07 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

[Author's note:  I did kind of post this *ahem* somewhere else (in a more obscure subforum) however, I thought some of the good folks here might enjoy the idea. So here you go]

"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.  ~Chinese Proverb"

There is a lot of negativity in this world. (That making sense of course, because in a dualistic reality, each thing must have an opposite)  There is a lot of pain, hurt, suffering, jealousy, envy, hatred, rage. And sometimes people focus on this, or it's all they can see. This is understandable, because this kind of thing is all around us, and practically spoon-fed to us by the media and our peers.

And many people lament about how to change the world. That we will never change, as a species. Not as a whole, in a moral or spiritual sense. We're likely to bicker ourselves to death and nuke each other off before that happens.

I think the change must happen on a basic, individual level, and I think many people ignore their own role in the "emotional health" of the society around them.

I believe it echoes from person-to-person-to-community to-village-to-county-to-country-to-continent.... (this is the simplistic and archetypal view of this process)

Said another way: All things are interconnected, and thus one small act can trigger a much larger chain reaction, even though the initial act was small.

This being true: A person does something good for someone. Depending on the nature of the receiver it may (and it's likely to be) passed on to someone else in the form of another good deed. Sometimes the level of goodness will diminish or amplify based on the receiver. If it is allowed to go long enough it will inevitably amplify and continue to do so once it reaches a critical mass.

The same thing is true in a situation where the starter action is negative.

I think one of the major problems of our world is that most all of us are very poorly trained receiver-channellers of energy/action. (I am certainly often guilty of this.)

Let me share with you, however, the story of one man who did it right.

Sometimes I really fail as a channel, and then I beat myself up over it, feeling like a bad person. Sadly, that kind of behavior usually hurts more than it helps, anyway.

Who was it that said you can't defeat darkness with more darkness, only with light?

Anyway, I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBig_tiggy
Male

Loc: Neither here nor there
Re: Changing Negativity into Positivity (short rant & vid) [Re: The Anointed One]
    #527575 - 02/15/11 04:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Actually this story showed me something, that there are people out there that are still working at changing the way things are, this gives me inspiration

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: Changing Negativity into Positivity (short rant & vid) [Re: Big_tiggy]
    #527610 - 02/15/11 07:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Big_tiggy said:
Actually this story showed me something, that there are people out there that are still working at changing the way things are, this gives me inspiration

Kind of sad, but true that we sometimes need to be reminded of this. I know I do, sometimes.

At least gives you some glimmer of hope for humanity.

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order