Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
IN OVER MY HEAD
    #497022 - 11/11/10 04:32 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Obviously this is not as easy as just throwing some seeds in a pot and watching them take off.  I have run into some ph issues.  I am running a little high.  I just tested my soil and I am running a 7.2-7.5.  I just fed two days ago and they are still plenty moist.  I am hoping that the elevated ph levels won't burn my plants before I can adjust.  Is there something I can do before then next feeding or do I have to just wait?  I understand that if I adjust the water down this will level the ph.  Is this a correct understanding?  I have also come to the conclusion that I started this project with a lot of misconceptions and not nearly enough research.  I wanted to grow for relitively inexpensive. That isn't happening.  But since I have learned alot and I have 8 decent looking seedlings there is really no point in trashing and starting over.  So I am gonna need all the help I can get.  I am in over my head.
To recap because I did start a new post with this one.  I have fungis gnats,  High ph,  and I have quite possibly been over watering.  Fortunately I just started nuets about the time I cut back the feeding schedual so I don't believe I have burnt them other then the ph spikes.  If any thing they may be malnurished.  The seedlings have pretty much come to a stand still as far as I can tell with growth over the past 2-3 days.  At this point so early in their lives its causeing me considerable amounts of concern.  How can I bring them back to their once healthy vigor and growth?  Help please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: IN OVER MY HEAD (moved) [Re: sveumy]
    #497059 - 11/11/10 09:15 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

This thread was moved from Soil & Organic Nutrients.

Reason:
More appropriate here.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: IN OVER MY HEAD (moved) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #497061 - 11/11/10 09:19 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

How young are we talking here? 

Fill out this form so we have all the info before we start discussing it.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #497176 - 11/11/10 04:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The pH of your soil is going to be just fine.  Usually soil is around that, if your really worried about it just  lower the pH of your water the next time you water. They'll be fine in the mean time.. 

As far as the fungus gnats go, do a search on here for them and that will provide you plenty of information.  You should also invest in Jorge Cervantes book Indoor Marijuana Horticulture.  best companion book to have when growing.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: IN OVER MY HEAD (moved) [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #497237 - 11/11/10 07:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

the seedlings are 2 to 2 1/2 weeks old.  I started from seeds. The soil is organic.  i don't rememeber the brand because I just bought organic soil from wally world>  (in retrospect not the best decision)(I can and will purchase quality soil if yall thing it is nessisary)  3 gal containers, plants are any where from 1 inch to 4 inches tall.  for the first week or so I was watering every other day.  I have now cut that back to every 3-5 days.  nuets are Botanicare pure blend pro grow 3/2/4, liquid karma .1/.1/.5 and cal mag plus 2/0/0. PH of the water WAS 8.2ish.... ( looks as if my problem was there) I have subsiquentially changed water sources I am now at a ph of 6.5 to 6.8.
lights,  I am running a 600 watt mh with three flouros at 75 watts a piece.  MH is about 20 inches above plant life. temp fluctuates between 75-85 depending on how hot the day is and how cold the nights are. insects are as stated before. (fungis gnats) ( appears to be a minor infestation.)  Growing experience is as fallows.  I grew up on a farm so I understand the basics and even some of the more advaced "concepts"  Practically speaking though, little to no experence.

If I missed something I appoligise.  At this point I think the new water supply my make a big difference.  I thought I knew what I was doing........ I am still in the dark.  maybe I need a walk through and I am sure I will continue to need help all the way through this. 
thanks so much

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #497269 - 11/11/10 10:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

2 weeks is too young for nutes...you should still be on just water unless they've developed their second set of true leaves (so the third set of leaves if you count the cotyledon) or you'll burn the shit out of them.  So deal with the gnats, pH looks good now, and when you do start feeding, don't start out full strength or you'll kill them as surely as if you didn't feed them at all.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#497464 - 11/12/10 04:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ok no nuets at this stage.  Kill the little flying bastards and should I start with 1/4 or half strength on the nuets?

Offlinecreep 1nc
Stranger

#512983 - 01/11/11 12:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sveumy said:
Ok no nuets at this stage.  Kill the little flying bastards and should I start with 1/4 or half strength on the nuets?

no nutes if u are using a brand new potting mix until after about a month, dont water until the top 1" of "soil" is dry.

Dont worry about nutes at all actually, take baby steps......nobody becomes a master overnight, learn a little each grow man

--------------------
. Creeps bagseed! 1st grow ever

OfflineCanaman
GreenThumb GreenHorn

Loc: N 5steps, S 5steps, Spin ...
Re: IN OVER MY HEAD (moved) [Re: creep 1nc]
    #524345 - 02/07/11 11:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hope u figure them out, gl

--------------------

Canaman's Tutorials

ISO Green Oil
Gumby Hash

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: IN OVER MY HEAD (moved) [Re: Canaman]
    #524369 - 02/07/11 02:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I figured it out.  I have harvested one plant and the other two remaining plants will becomming down in a mater of days.  thank you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom