Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Pharmacology of Cannabis. * 2
    #496997 - 11/10/10 09:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I want a forum for it. :vaped::volcano::vaped::volcano::vaped::vaped:

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #497532 - 11/12/10 09:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Chemistry/Pharmacology. :thumbup:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. (moved) [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #497534 - 11/12/10 09:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This thread was moved from The Smoke Lounge.

Reason:
:potleaf:

Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur

Loc: Cannafornia
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #497807 - 11/13/10 06:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Chemistry/Pharmacology.

^This^....

My favorite aspect of "drugs"...(other than eating them of course :smirk:)

:stoner:

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: openmind]
    #497809 - 11/13/10 06:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There are not enough people here with Biology backgrounds.  If such a forum were to exist it would consist of me, ballsach, and maybe a couple others (some guy here just graduated med school whose name started with "trip") tirelessly shooting down completely out of touch bullshit that people would post.  Such a topic could only be "discussed" among people with biology backgrounds, not a couple stoned-ass people trying to talk about something like, "hey i heard that weed turns testosterone into estrogen"  or "weed causes schizophrenia" or various other semi-scientific sounding bullshit that I hear very often.

If someone could post a link to something about the psychopharmacology of cannabinoids that would be :aweface:.

Edited by SmOakland (11/13/10 06:35 PM)

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: SmOakland]
    #497810 - 11/13/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

nah I agree it's still a little early for a forum for this stuff.
If anything gets added right now it should be one of the other few suggestions out there already.
But when they do add it I think keeping the topic generalized would be best for good activity.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#497857 - 11/13/10 10:49 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Id contribute.

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#497988 - 11/14/10 03:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, if it were a general "Chemistry" forum, there'd be more useful activity.  It wouldn't have to be just about weed, or just pharmacology.  People could get help with acid/base extractions, or whatever.  But I agree, the small amount of people who would regularly post in such a forum would probably lead to members just going somewhere else for their chemistry info.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: God]
    #497990 - 11/14/10 04:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Like the Shroomery. :lol:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#498007 - 11/14/10 05:34 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Like the Shroomery. :lol:

--------------------
[quote]

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#498062 - 11/14/10 08:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Pretty much, yeah.  Which is probably why we don't have one.

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: God]
    #498077 - 11/14/10 09:20 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That and the lack of active members here to fill it in.
But I do think that there should be some type of "science of cannabis" type forum in the near future.

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#502506 - 12/02/10 03:41 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If you can post a thread about it in the Smoke Lounge and have almost no one reply AT ALL with any regard. LOL. TRY THAT! :yesnod:

Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #502844 - 12/03/10 05:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

#502911 - 12/03/10 10:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
[quote]

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
    #503404 - 12/06/10 02:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'd contribute, I've got a bio/chem background

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

#523174 - 02/04/11 03:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
There are not enough people here with Biology backgrounds.  If such a forum were to exist it would consist of me, ballsach, and maybe a couple others (some guy here just graduated med school whose name started with "trip") tirelessly shooting down completely out of touch bullshit that people would post.  Such a topic could only be "discussed" among people with biology backgrounds, not a couple stoned-ass people trying to talk about something like, "hey i heard that weed turns testosterone into estrogen"  or "weed causes schizophrenia" or various other semi-scientific sounding bullshit that I hear very often.

If someone could post a link to something about the psychopharmacology of cannabinoids that would be :aweface:.

You have a really good point there. However, 1- Unless you personally have a REALLY good idea of the educational background of the general member-base, you may be simply guessing wrong.

2- In ANY forum that focuses on a specific technical aspect of a subject, you will have senior members who pretty much make careers out of the subject, a ton of noobs who don't know ananadamide from asshole, and a bunch in between. (Hi, I'm in between)

That doesn't mean that the forum shouldn't exist, just because some of those who have gone to school for these subjects feel they could hardly learn more on a website, and/or don't want to bother teaching others...

I think that a forum about Chemistry and Pharmacology specific to Cannabanoids would be fantastic. I think the overall field lacks knowledge, especially when it comes to synthetics and newer research.

Anyone here familiar with NAPE isolates? Semi-synthetic fatty acid amides that get you stoned?

Anyone... ?

--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: The Anointed One]
    #523409 - 02/05/11 12:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The Anointed One said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:

You have a really good point there. However, 1- Unless you personally have a REALLY good idea of the educational background of the general member-base, you may be simply guessing wrong.

2- In ANY forum that focuses on a specific technical aspect of a subject, you will have senior members who pretty much make careers out of the subject, a ton of noobs who don't know ananadamide from asshole, and a bunch in between. (Hi, I'm in between)

That doesn't mean that the forum shouldn't exist, just because some of those who have gone to school for these subjects feel they could hardly learn more on a website, and/or don't want to bother teaching others...

I think that a forum about Chemistry and Pharmacology specific to Cannabanoids would be fantastic. I think the overall field lacks knowledge, especially when it comes to synthetics and newer research.

Anyone here familiar with NAPE isolates? Semi-synthetic fatty acid amides that get you stoned?

Anyone... ?

Until I see a few good threads about the subject I don't think designating a forum for it would be appropriate.  There are already enough slow/dead ones on this site.

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

#523425 - 02/05/11 01:07 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

The Anointed One said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:

Anyone... ?

Until I see a few good threads about the subject I don't think designating a forum for it would be appropriate.  There are already enough slow/dead ones on this site.

Funny, I haven't seen a single one.

There must be a reason for that...

--------------------

OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery

Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: The Anointed One]
    #523435 - 02/05/11 01:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Anyway my point, if it wasn't clear enough, is this:

Human nature can make people a little lazy sometimes. I'm sure even the biggest advocate among us would agree that getting stoned isn't necessarily the best thing to make you NOT lazy.

I haven't seen any of those threads, because there is no dedicated space for them and i hadn't searched them out. But, I did a search, and didn't come up with a lot. A few threads that might fit, outside of the news section.

My search was something like any words, subject and body, main posts, for:  thc cannabis marijuana chemistry pharmacology cannabinoid

Aside from making it easier to find, I think sometimes people are less reluctant to start new threads when they KNOW they are posting something in a dedicated forum, instead of "gee, does this fit the forum, and will the people here want to read this?"  (Which, apparently some people never think of before they post. lol. but some do)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals