Home | Community | Message Board


Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feedback

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Registered: 12/22/08
Posts: 1,018
Last seen: 3 years, 8 months
Pharmacology of Cannabis. * 2
    #496997 - 11/10/10 11:51 PM (6 years, 30 days ago)

I want a forum for it. :vaped::volcano::vaped::volcano::vaped::vaped:


--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Plumber, Radial Snake


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/20/09
Posts: 9,305
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #497532 - 11/12/10 11:55 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

Chemistry/Pharmacology. :thumbup:


--------------------
The Kratom Report...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Plumber, Radial Snake

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/20/09
Posts: 9,305
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. (moved) [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #497534 - 11/12/10 11:58 PM (6 years, 28 days ago)

This thread was moved from The Smoke Lounge.

Reason:
:potleaf:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleopenmind
cannaisseur


Registered: 06/07/08
Posts: 597
Loc: Cannafornia
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #497807 - 11/13/10 08:22 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Chemistry/Pharmacology.






^This^....





My favorite aspect of "drugs"...(other than eating them of course :smirk:)



:stoner:



.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery


Registered: 05/31/09
Posts: 2,653
Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Last seen: 2 days, 4 hours
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: openmind]
    #497809 - 11/13/10 08:32 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

There are not enough people here with Biology backgrounds.  If such a forum were to exist it would consist of me, ballsach, and maybe a couple others (some guy here just graduated med school whose name started with "trip") tirelessly shooting down completely out of touch bullshit that people would post.  Such a topic could only be "discussed" among people with biology backgrounds, not a couple stoned-ass people trying to talk about something like, "hey i heard that weed turns testosterone into estrogen"  or "weed causes schizophrenia" or various other semi-scientific sounding bullshit that I hear very often.

If someone could post a link to something about the psychopharmacology of cannabinoids that would be :aweface:.


Edited by SmOakland (11/13/10 08:35 PM)


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Plumber, Radial Snake


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/20/09
Posts: 9,305
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: SmOakland]
    #497810 - 11/13/10 08:39 PM (6 years, 27 days ago)

nah I agree it's still a little early for a forum for this stuff.
If anything gets added right now it should be one of the other few suggestions out there already.
But when they do add it I think keeping the topic generalized would be best for good activity.


--------------------
The Kratom Report...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Registered: 12/22/08
Posts: 1,018
Last seen: 3 years, 8 months
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: SmOakland]
    #497857 - 11/14/10 12:49 AM (6 years, 27 days ago)

Id contribute.


--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Registered: 09/26/08
Posts: 434
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #497988 - 11/14/10 05:58 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Yeah, if it were a general "Chemistry" forum, there'd be more useful activity.  It wouldn't have to be just about weed, or just pharmacology.  People could get help with acid/base extractions, or whatever.  But I agree, the small amount of people who would regularly post in such a forum would probably lead to members just going somewhere else for their chemistry info.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Plumber, Radial Snake


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/20/09
Posts: 9,305
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: God]
    #497990 - 11/14/10 06:00 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Like the Shroomery. :lol:


--------------------
The Kratom Report...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Registered: 12/22/08
Posts: 1,018
Last seen: 3 years, 8 months
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #498007 - 11/14/10 07:34 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Like the Shroomery. :lol:




--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Registered: 09/26/08
Posts: 434
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #498062 - 11/14/10 10:18 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

Pretty much, yeah.  Which is probably why we don't have one.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Plumber, Radial Snake


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/20/09
Posts: 9,305
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: God]
    #498077 - 11/14/10 11:20 PM (6 years, 26 days ago)

That and the lack of active members here to fill it in.
But I do think that there should be some type of "science of cannabis" type forum in the near future.


--------------------
The Kratom Report...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie


Registered: 11/23/10
Posts: 1,345
Last seen: 7 days, 14 hours
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #502506 - 12/02/10 05:41 AM (6 years, 9 days ago)

If you can post a thread about it in the Smoke Lounge and have almost no one reply AT ALL with any regard. LOL. TRY THAT! :yesnod:


--------------------



Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Plumber, Radial Snake


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/20/09
Posts: 9,305
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #502844 - 12/03/10 07:27 PM (6 years, 7 days ago)

?


--------------------
The Kratom Report...


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Registered: 12/22/08
Posts: 1,018
Last seen: 3 years, 8 months
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #502911 - 12/04/10 12:07 AM (6 years, 7 days ago)



--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejkell
Midnight toker
 Arcade Champion: QB Challenge


Registered: 10/29/10
Posts: 510
Loc: Don' worry bout it
Last seen: 4 years, 10 months
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #503404 - 12/06/10 04:41 PM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I'd contribute, I've got a bio/chem background


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery


Registered: 02/04/11
Posts: 78
Last seen: 27 days, 22 hours
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: SmOakland]
    #523174 - 02/04/11 05:56 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
There are not enough people here with Biology backgrounds.  If such a forum were to exist it would consist of me, ballsach, and maybe a couple others (some guy here just graduated med school whose name started with "trip") tirelessly shooting down completely out of touch bullshit that people would post.  Such a topic could only be "discussed" among people with biology backgrounds, not a couple stoned-ass people trying to talk about something like, "hey i heard that weed turns testosterone into estrogen"  or "weed causes schizophrenia" or various other semi-scientific sounding bullshit that I hear very often.

If someone could post a link to something about the psychopharmacology of cannabinoids that would be :aweface:.





You have a really good point there. However, 1- Unless you personally have a REALLY good idea of the educational background of the general member-base, you may be simply guessing wrong.

2- In ANY forum that focuses on a specific technical aspect of a subject, you will have senior members who pretty much make careers out of the subject, a ton of noobs who don't know ananadamide from asshole, and a bunch in between. (Hi, I'm in between)

That doesn't mean that the forum shouldn't exist, just because some of those who have gone to school for these subjects feel they could hardly learn more on a website, and/or don't want to bother teaching others...

I think that a forum about Chemistry and Pharmacology specific to Cannabanoids would be fantastic. I think the overall field lacks knowledge, especially when it comes to synthetics and newer research.

Anyone here familiar with NAPE isolates? Semi-synthetic fatty acid amides that get you stoned?

Anyone... ?


--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery


Registered: 05/31/09
Posts: 2,653
Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Last seen: 2 days, 4 hours
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: The Anointed One]
    #523409 - 02/05/11 02:09 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The Anointed One said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:
There are not enough people here with Biology backgrounds.  If such a forum were to exist it would consist of me, ballsach, and maybe a couple others (some guy here just graduated med school whose name started with "trip") tirelessly shooting down completely out of touch bullshit that people would post.  Such a topic could only be "discussed" among people with biology backgrounds, not a couple stoned-ass people trying to talk about something like, "hey i heard that weed turns testosterone into estrogen"  or "weed causes schizophrenia" or various other semi-scientific sounding bullshit that I hear very often.

If someone could post a link to something about the psychopharmacology of cannabinoids that would be :aweface:.





You have a really good point there. However, 1- Unless you personally have a REALLY good idea of the educational background of the general member-base, you may be simply guessing wrong.

2- In ANY forum that focuses on a specific technical aspect of a subject, you will have senior members who pretty much make careers out of the subject, a ton of noobs who don't know ananadamide from asshole, and a bunch in between. (Hi, I'm in between)

That doesn't mean that the forum shouldn't exist, just because some of those who have gone to school for these subjects feel they could hardly learn more on a website, and/or don't want to bother teaching others...

I think that a forum about Chemistry and Pharmacology specific to Cannabanoids would be fantastic. I think the overall field lacks knowledge, especially when it comes to synthetics and newer research.

Anyone here familiar with NAPE isolates? Semi-synthetic fatty acid amides that get you stoned?

Anyone... ?




Until I see a few good threads about the subject I don't think designating a forum for it would be appropriate.  There are already enough slow/dead ones on this site.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery


Registered: 02/04/11
Posts: 78
Last seen: 27 days, 22 hours
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: SmOakland]
    #523425 - 02/05/11 03:07 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

The Anointed One said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:
There are not enough people here with Biology backgrounds.  If such a forum were to exist it would consist of me, ballsach, and maybe a couple others (some guy here just graduated med school whose name started with "trip") tirelessly shooting down completely out of touch bullshit that people would post.  Such a topic could only be "discussed" among people with biology backgrounds, not a couple stoned-ass people trying to talk about something like, "hey i heard that weed turns testosterone into estrogen"  or "weed causes schizophrenia" or various other semi-scientific sounding bullshit that I hear very often.

If someone could post a link to something about the psychopharmacology of cannabinoids that would be :aweface:.





You have a really good point there. However, 1- Unless you personally have a REALLY good idea of the educational background of the general member-base, you may be simply guessing wrong.

2- In ANY forum that focuses on a specific technical aspect of a subject, you will have senior members who pretty much make careers out of the subject, a ton of noobs who don't know ananadamide from asshole, and a bunch in between. (Hi, I'm in between)

That doesn't mean that the forum shouldn't exist, just because some of those who have gone to school for these subjects feel they could hardly learn more on a website, and/or don't want to bother teaching others...

I think that a forum about Chemistry and Pharmacology specific to Cannabanoids would be fantastic. I think the overall field lacks knowledge, especially when it comes to synthetics and newer research.

Anyone here familiar with NAPE isolates? Semi-synthetic fatty acid amides that get you stoned?

Anyone... ?




Until I see a few good threads about the subject I don't think designating a forum for it would be appropriate.  There are already enough slow/dead ones on this site.




Funny, I haven't seen a single one.

There must be a reason for that...


--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe Anointed One
Sloth's apprentice
Male User Gallery


Registered: 02/04/11
Posts: 78
Last seen: 27 days, 22 hours
Re: Pharmacology of Cannabis. [Re: The Anointed One]
    #523435 - 02/05/11 03:42 PM (5 years, 9 months ago)

Anyway my point, if it wasn't clear enough, is this:

Human nature can make people a little lazy sometimes. I'm sure even the biggest advocate among us would agree that getting stoned isn't necessarily the best thing to make you NOT lazy.

I haven't seen any of those threads, because there is no dedicated space for them and i hadn't searched them out. But, I did a search, and didn't come up with a lot. A few threads that might fit, outside of the news section.

My search was something like any words, subject and body, main posts, for:  thc cannabis marijuana chemistry pharmacology cannabinoid


Aside from making it easier to find, I think sometimes people are less reluctant to start new threads when they KNOW they are posting something in a dedicated forum, instead of "gee, does this fit the forum, and will the people here want to read this?"  (Which, apparently some people never think of before they post. lol. but some do)


--------------------
"My one-of-a-kind-self gets stoned every day like Jesus did."


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feedback

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cannabis and Hemp Compass 1,462 5 04/20/08 04:54 PM
by Toiletduk
* Hashish forum should just be "Cannabis Concentrates" beatyou 3,298 11 08/31/08 01:39 PM
by geokills
* i think the growey should use cannabis clubs/restaurants as sponsors Iamasmoker 1,143 6 06/30/08 12:11 PM
by Iamasmoker
* Wiki Article on Cannabis Groups and Events Compass 785 3 04/28/08 10:47 PM
by Wysefool
* what about a forum for discussion/reviews of cannabis clubs? MistaUNGA 1,266 3 01/30/09 04:47 PM
by geokills
* All About New Forum Requests...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
geokillsA 43,832 127 02/08/11 07:34 PM
by The Anointed One
* ..sigh snaggletooth 697 2 12/27/09 01:27 AM
by Triptonic
* Trusted Cultivator Tags
( 1 2 all )
FurrowedBrowM 4,915 37 02/09/10 08:14 PM
by Inverted

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Thor, Link, Seuss, geokills
4,264 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.091 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.