Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Product Tested * 1
    #517130 - 01/22/11 11:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, like I've said before I'm testing products that are cheap but seem to work killer.

First was the Kellog's soil which I will be switching to from Fox Farm from now on for soil grows.

This one is one a couple of products from General Hydroponics. A one part powered nutrient called Maxi Grow and Maxi Bloom. The growth on my plants in soil and in hydro were as good as with the Flora Nova one part nutrient. This stuff looks like the traditional flora series nutrients when mixed so it's pretty much clear with a slight tint in color. Much easier for taking ph reading using the drops. (the method I currently use cause I hate ph meters) I will be switching from the Nova to this stuff for a while till I find a better one part nutrient.

Update on 5-16-14
I've been using Fox Farm nutrients but have switched back to this again. Cheap, good, and easy to use

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedmtcorey
~The time police~
 User Gallery

Re: Product Tested [Re: Magash]
    #517133 - 01/22/11 11:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

interesting ,ya no really ,all these different company's are peddling all these different product and saying theres is the best ,but in the test tube it all the same ,then they say ,oh ,well the ratios we use are scientifically proven to be better, what a load of shit i think,it comes down to the genetics of the plant ,some strains like this ,while others like that ,there is no best product, this is you typical political taking and repackaging it and reselling to you kind of thing  ,its all a sham as far as im concerned

--------------------
:whereismiddleman:

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #517241 - 01/22/11 07:27 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Did you stick with the KoolBlooms liquid and dry when testing this product?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Product Tested [Re: Stoneth]
    #517255 - 01/22/11 08:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hey mag, you thought about trying out GH's new line Flora Duo?  I tried to snag some when I hit the grow shop last, but they hadn't stocked it yet.  I was going to use the flora series for the next run, but I'd love to try something new myself.  Kinda not digging AN's stuff so much.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: Product Tested [Re: coda]
    #517264 - 01/22/11 08:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Hell ya man, Keep up good work Magash. Love finding lower cost products that work just as good as name brand shit.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Product Tested [Re: Stoneth]
    #517380 - 01/23/11 01:27 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Did you stick with the KoolBlooms liquid and dry when testing this product?

Nothing the first week of flowering

Weeks 2-4 Liquid Kool Bloom  0-10-10

Weeks 5-7 Powdered Kool Bloom 2-45-28

Week 8 Flush

Quote:

Hey mag, you thought about trying out GH's new line Flora Duo?  I tried to snag some when I hit the grow shop last, but they hadn't stocked it yet.  I was going to use the flora series for the next run, but I'd love to try something new myself.  Kinda not digging AN's stuff so much.

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of AN myself.
I was thinking about running the Flora Duo for a run or two to test em. From the looks of things it  Almost looks like they made it based on the Lucas Formula

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #517483 - 01/23/11 10:18 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I was thinking about running the Flora Duo for a run or two to test em. From the looks of things it  Almost looks like they made it based on the Lucas Formula

Yah, I'm gonna see if I can place an order through the grow shop. I love trying new things even though it makes me worry throughout my whole grow that thing is gonna be crap heh.  It's kept me up at night thinking my garden was gonna fail due to too much experimentation with their food. :P

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Product Tested [Re: coda]
    #517578 - 01/23/11 03:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Well hell if your gonna use it I'll let you do the product report on it. I'm liking the ease of this Maxi stuff right now so I'm prob gonna use it for a bit. I'm willing to bet since it's GH the duo will work just fine. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: Product Tested [Re: dmtcorey]
    #517604 - 01/23/11 05:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dmtcorey said:
interesting ,ya no really ,all these different company's are peddling all these different product and saying theres is the best ,but in the test tube it all the same ,then they say ,oh ,well the ratios we use are scientifically proven to be better, what a load of shit i think,it comes down to the genetics of the plant ,some strains like this ,while others like that ,there is no best product, this is you typical political taking and repackaging it and reselling to you kind of thing  ,its all a sham as far as im concerned

I disagree. Looking at GH product line chemicals and AD lines chemicals, shows 2x at least difference in AD's favor. I've had plants die almost because I just used GH line. The plants leaves indicate they want something else, I give them a little AD cal mag and they are way happier then the GH crap. Honestly.

The strains I get are in a medical state and man these have been trained and bred on significant nutrient uptake. Something like that, because they just scream for nutrients. Only specific strains though.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
Re: Product Tested [Re: BigBudz]
    #517957 - 01/24/11 01:54 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
Quote:

dmtcorey said:
i think,it comes down to the genetics of the plant ,some strains like this ,while others like that ,there is no best product

I disagree.
Only specific strains though.

ummmm :confused:

Reminds me of religion. Everybody disagrees, while they are all saying the same thing. :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order