Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Mushroom effects on the heart?
    #513525 - 01/14/11 12:27 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

So as some of you know I have been taking a break from marijuana due to it making my heart race. I have not been diagnosed with heart problems, and i honestly don't think i have one anymore, as i have been tested numerous times without finding anything wrong with me. The only time it has acted up really bad is whenever i smoke pot. So maybe it's just anxiety, since i have smoked before without having any problems and just being chill. One more thing, the fast heart is only on the come up on the high, after i get through the fast heart rate and chest feelings i feel stoned.

Now on to my questions, Do mushrooms effect your heart what so ever?
have any of you noticed heart rate increase or anything while on mushrooms?

Im so interested in taking mushrooms, i feel that i need to do it before i die.
I have a chance to do them in a month or so, and i want to be ready.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinem3kgt
User
 User Gallery

Loc: G-Spot TX
Re: Mushroom effects on the heart? [Re: iStoner]
    #513532 - 01/14/11 01:04 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I personally can tell you that its anxiety man. If your worried keep some xanax with you when you trip. Or take small amount before and keep the rest in case.

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Mushroom effects on the heart? [Re: m3kgt]
    #513533 - 01/14/11 01:14 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I've thought about that for sure man, also i'm going to try to keep my mind off of my heart when i trip, keep some sober friends around for conversation. Also ill probably start with a very low dose.

--------------------

OfflineFar Stox
Higher Education

Loc: Flag
    #513562 - 01/14/11 07:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
I've thought about that for sure man, also i'm going to try to keep my mind off of my heart when i trip, keep some sober friends around for conversation. Also ill probably start with a very low dose.

The racing heart stuff is fairly typical for me when I'm stoned. It's never really bothered me though, but I have had a friend that went into a major anxiety attack/breakdown once. The important thing to remember is that whenever you're stoned you tend to notice the subtleties of everything just a little more, and so it can be easier to forget how awesome you feel whenever you notice that your heart rate is slightly above average.

Just remember that no matter how bad you think it is, you're high, so you're probably tricking yourself into feeling exaggerated effects. :thumbup:

--------------------
"When I awaken,
The first thing on my mind,
A little bit of cornflakes,
And a blunt that's all mine."-PUTS

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #513580 - 01/14/11 09:09 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
So as some of you know I have been taking a break from marijuana due to it making my heart race. I have not been diagnosed with heart problems, and i honestly don't think i have one anymore, as i have been tested numerous times without finding anything wrong with me. The only time it has acted up really bad is whenever i smoke pot. So maybe it's just anxiety, since i have smoked before without having any problems and just being chill. One more thing, the fast heart is only on the come up on the high, after i get through the fast heart rate and chest feelings i feel stoned.

you will be fine. mushrooms are no harder on your heart than that bacon cheeseburger you got from mcdonalds.

seriously though its all in your head..just remind yourself that your heart is not beating faster that you are just more aware of your surrounding when high/tripping..

it MIGHT raise your blood pressure a TINY bit but i promise you its nothing significant. youre probably thinking goddamn my heart is beating 100 times a minute when really its only beating like 60 aminute.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Mushroom effects on the heart? [Re: mhbound]
    #513587 - 01/14/11 09:32 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I get the heart thing too.

Switch to indica maybe? That doesn't do it to me like sativa does.

I also like to drink a few beers (2) or pop some tramadol. I know people constantly bad mouth tramadol...but I get it so so so so cheap, almost legally, and 3 trams and a few bowls of weed is what heaven must feel like IMO. No nauseousness like normal opiates, but still that happy awesome opiate feeling. They work for me anyway...

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Mushroom effects on the heart? [Re: mhbound]
    #513624 - 01/14/11 12:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:

you will be fine. mushrooms are no harder on your heart than that bacon cheeseburger you got from mcdonalds.

seriously though its all in your head..just remind yourself that your heart is not beating faster that you are just more aware of your surrounding when high/tripping..

it MIGHT raise your blood pressure a TINY bit but i promise you its nothing significant. youre probably thinking goddamn my heart is beating 100 times a minute when really its only beating like 60 aminute.

so true.

everyone here's right it's all anxiety in your head.
smoking pot raises your blood pressure and it also alters your mind, making you more perceptive.
you getting anxious about it is 99% bullshit anxiety you fabricate yourself.

you'll be fine tripping mushrooms.
if you're nervous have a xanax nearby and for the first time eat half an eigth.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#513630 - 01/14/11 12:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:

Just so you know your heart speeding up just after you first smoke is normal. This is how it effects every human. Most just don't notice it but after reading this some will check it out and notice it I'm sure. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Mushroom effects on the heart? [Re: Magash]
    #513633 - 01/14/11 01:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Also for anyone who gets anxious when they smoke check out this thread, it helped me out a lot.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/387203

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #513641 - 01/14/11 01:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Mushrooms are amazing. You're only danger is your own mind. Just don't worry and flow with the experience.

You're heart with be fine. In fact, it will grow! :awecid:

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: Mushroom effects on the heart? [Re: Magash]
    #513778 - 01/14/11 08:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks everyone.

Quote:

Magash said:

Just so you know your heart speeding up just after you first smoke is normal. This is how it effects every human. Most just don't notice it but after reading this some will check it out and notice it I'm sure. :potleaf:

This is what i was thinking, cause i have read that somewhere. It calmed down after 20 to 30 minutes, if even that long. Freaked my friends out though, once i made them feel it. And its happened twice. (noticeably)
My heart rate is normally 90- 110 though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies